• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Poor Rodney was only about a decade too soon from having his own "reality" TV show.

Have I mentioned "good riddance" yet?

you know there is a part of me that completely agrees with the "good riddance" thought. i dont live the way he seemed to. but i wont celebrate his death either like some seem to. we are all a couple of bad decisions from being like rodney.

i know there are folks on here who walk on water and heal the sick but i for one have many sins to answer for myself to be too happy at his passing.

jake

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Man, we'll be hearing alot aout this in the news. Perhaps they will quote this thread to illustrate that racial intolerance is still alive and well. (I'm torn between using purple or not, I dont believe that's why many posts have the tone they do ... but I know how some may interpret it).

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Man, we'll be hearing alot aout this in the news. Perhaps they will quote this thread to illustrate that racial intolerance is still alive and well. (I'm torn between using purple or not, I dont believe that's why many posts have the tone they do ... but I know how some may interpret it).

you could be right, douche baggery and stupidity arent color blind or the attributes of only blacks although it could be made into it by the types who do so.

trash comes in a rainbow of colors............

jake

Publius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Central IN
    I certainly can't say he made a positive difference in this world. This news also sort of makes the already good-for-nothing-riots 20yrs ago even more meaningless. What a total waste.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    you know there is a part of me that completely agrees with the "good riddance" thought. i dont live the way he seemed to. but i wont celebrate his death either like some seem to. we are all a couple of bad decisions from being like rodney.

i know there are folks on here who walk on water and heal the sick but i for one have many sins to answer for myself to be too happy at his passing.

jake

I'm gonna echo this thought.

A sad ending to a sad life. He was lost, just as I once was.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    he was a dead beat before his unfortunate traffic stop, and he was a dead beat after his big pay day.. No RIP from me.. just go away...

Deadbeat? That typically implies that one doesn't pay for their children. I honestly am unaware of him being such. I did a quick google search, and found that he has 3 children from 2 women.... who just by chance were also his wives. Perhaps your Google-fu is better than mine, but I could not find where it is implicated that King didn't care for his children.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I vaguely remember the guy, but can someone tell me what he did to receive such a negative send-off?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I vaguely remember the guy, but can someone tell me what he did to receive such a negative send-off?

He's the thug that deserved to be beaten to a pulp by cops with nightsticks long after he even had the ability to defend himself. His beating was caught on tape.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Easy to forget that he's not just "Rodney King" but also a human being. If I had 1/2 of the thngs I've done broadcast to the world ....

I don't want to be a zombie

It's amazing how way it is to dehumanize people. It's not like we have any examples in history to see what it can lead to.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    He's the thug that deserved to be beaten to a pulp by cops with nightsticks long after he even had the ability to defend himself. His beating was caught on tape.

Yeah, I remember that part, but what did he do that ticked so many people off? Did he rob a store or something after that whole episode had ended? :dunno: I mean, he must have done something, right?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah, I remember that part, but what did he do that ticked so many people off? Did he rob a store or something after that whole episode had ended? :dunno: I mean, he must have done something, right?

My post was being sarcastic. I couldn't imagine how much more he would be hated if facebook existed back then and Rodney had thug pictures on it before he was beaten.

Justice doens't matter if you don't like the defendant.

Top Bottom