• T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Awesome day there patience.

Curious on the Anschutz, does the bolt just pull straight back? I know like nothing about those rifles.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I ordered the Tacticool22 handguard for my 15-22. I'm then going to swap that factory m-lok one over to my daughter's camo 15-22 to get rid of the obnoxious quad rail. I don't like quad rails.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I ordered the Tacticool22 handguard for my 15-22. I'm then going to swap that factory m-lok one over to my daughter's camo 15-22 to get rid of the obnoxious quad rail. I don't like quad rails.

Cool, interested to hear how that swap works. So I understand that you need to use one of their conversion kits. Which one did you choose? Standard or modified (apologies if that question doesn't apply, as I have only reviewed it again enough to be dangerous)

https://www.tacticool22.com/product-category/handguard-and-forend-parts/handguard-conversion-kits/

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Cool, interested to hear how that swap works. So I understand that you need to use one of their conversion kits. Which one did you choose? Standard or modified (apologies if that question doesn't apply, as I have only reviewed it again enough to be dangerous)

https://www.tacticool22.com/product-category/handguard-and-forend-parts/handguard-conversion-kits/
    Their handguard has a special barrel nut that's included. The handguard and nut are specially made to the 15-22.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Their handguard has a special barrel nut that's included. The handguard and nut are specially made to the 15-22.

Ah, cool, I see that now on their site, and looks like it fits without any gap. Interested in your thoughts once you get it, and any info on the swap process.

The 10″ (factory length) Free Float Hand guard for the M&P 15-22 is engineered to fit tightly against the receiver, which eliminates the gap between the receiver and the rail and any rotation. Features a top Picatinny rail at the front and rear of the hand guard that’s split to reduce weight and M-LOK accessory slots.

• Barrel nut included (made specifically for the 15-22….no adapter needed)

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    10/22 nearly done. Will get a black Kidd bolt at some point down the road. This is the 'before', what I started with-
    OILqIff.jpg

And this is what it became today- Black Bart!

rvWWNqT.jpg

Sighted it in and shot many strings on a few stages today and man oh man- it is sweet! Kidd single stage trigger, Kidd ultra light barrel and V block, Magpul Hunter 22 stock. The weight and how it's balanced rearward makes for a fast swinging muzzle and combine that with a great trigger and this rifle will shoot steel!
    Very happy!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Nice conversion CZ Top.:yesway:

I did a little converting myself today. I wanted a "cart" to haul my gear down range for NRL22 matches since it was decided we would use the 50 yard "mound" as our firing line.

I got a CED/DAA RangeCart Pro which is setup to carry one of their large pistol bags but didn't have any provisions to carry a rifle except to put it in a case and strap it on. So I added a barrel pocket and a ladder strap with a piece of double faced velcro. I think it will work well and I don't have to mess with a case on the firing line.

eC4HfBw.jpg

wYPCSTv.jpg

JpE18M1.jpg

The blue painters tape on the stock temporarily holds the cheek riser in place until I'm sure it is located where I want it.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Very nice, CZ Top......but will it slay lollipops ? :D

Uh, at what distance? ;) It's a steel challenge rifle first, and I haven't shot it enough to know it's capabilities and not past about 20 yds, but I will at some point.
    However- I might have a lollipop slayer ordered.
    Stay tuned!

Top Bottom