• ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Rimfire thoughts from NRAAM.

-Vudoo rifles have the smoothest action I’ve ever felt. They should for their cost.
    -TBA Sciario is a very sweet internally suppressed MkIV
    -Kel-Tec CP33 is awesome except for the grip
    -Volquartsen Summit is a straight pull action that runs smoothly with a flick of your fingers
    -Volquartsen Ultralite is the lightest rifle I’ve felt. I very much want one now

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Game changer. I've got some serious 22/45's... But this is something better. Capacity, reliability, good trigger... it's a serious game gun.

RkDmQVQ.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Rimfire thoughts from NRAAM.

-Vudoo rifles have the smoothest action I’ve ever felt. They should for their cost.
    -TBA Sciario is a very sweet internally suppressed MkIV
    -Kel-Tec CP33 is awesome except for the grip
    -Volquartsen Summit is a straight pull action that runs smoothly with a flick of your fingers
    -Volquartsen Ultralite is the lightest rifle I’ve felt. I very much want one now

I've been moving into more prs stuff, the vudoo rifle line is no joke good. Honestly a good value considering what they are capable of and their training value at 6cents a short versus 1+. I know a few guys who have them built to match their full bore prs set up.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Game changer. I've got some serious 22/45's... But this is something better. Capacity, reliability, good trigger... it's a serious game gun.

RkDmQVQ.jpg

I forgot this had come out, didn’t even wander through the Taurus booth. lol

Do you think there will be a shift in the competitions allowing more than 10 rounds for rinfires?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've been moving into more prs stuff, the vudoo rifle line is no joke good. Honestly a good value considering what they are capable of and their training value at 6cents a short versus 1+. I know a few guys who have them built to match their full bore prs set up.

They are very sweet rifles. Awesome guys in the booth as well.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

RkDmQVQ.jpg

When I read about this gun I was open to getting one since I have tried out nearly all the .22LR pistols out there over the past 2 years.
    When I ran across one at the LGS I was surprised it was so light to promise so much in accuracy, so I dismissed it.
    It actually reminded me in my hands of the SW MP Compact I had and loved, till it was replaced my the Ruger Mark 4, Browning Buckmark, SW Victory and other metal .22LRs.
    I have systematically trimmed my polymer pistols in favor of all-metal or at least alloys since they shot better than the polymers in my hands.
    So, I have passed on it, but will look forward to reading about other's experience at the range with it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Do you think there will be a shift in the competitions allowing more than 10 rounds for rinfires?

Yes. It's actually an ongoing discussion even to the potential of a legit 2gun. Mp 1522, Tippmann, kriss dmk22 paired with a high cap pistol would be a blast. We need a good semi auto 410 to round it out

When I read about this gun I was open to getting one since I have tried out nearly all the .22LR pistols out there over the past 2 years.
    When I ran across one at the LGS I was surprised it was so light to promise so much in accuracy, so I dismissed it.
    It actually reminded me in my hands of the SW MP Compact I had and loved, till it was replaced my the Ruger Mark 4, Browning Buckmark, SW Victory and other metal .22LRs.
    I have systematically trimmed my polymer pistols in favor of all-metal or at least alloys since they shot better than the polymers in my hands.
    So, I have passed on it, but will look forward to reading about other's experience at the range with it.

For target shooting your probably safe starting with the mk series. For action games and possibly self defense the taurus is a real contender. Self defense out of pure volume

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

RkDmQVQ.jpg

Never owned a Taurus before but after feeling the ergonomics and trigger on the TX22 I picked one up. I'm not sure if it's the trigger or general shape of the pistol but I'm more accurate with this than any 22 I've ever had my hands on. I have about 500 rounds through it with no issues and the trigger has just improved. If you shoot any sort of striker fired pistol I can't imagine anything better to practice with. If I gamed with a 22 I would shoot this rather than what was my previous favorite a 22/45 Lite Ruger. Anyone want to buy a Ruger:)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Never owned a Taurus before but after feeling the ergonomics and trigger on the TX22 I picked one up. I'm not sure if it's the trigger or general shape of the pistol but I'm more accurate with this than any 22 I've ever had my hands on. I have about 500 rounds through it with no issues and the trigger has just improved. If you shoot any sort of striker fired pistol I can't imagine anything better to practice with. If I gamed with a 22 I would shoot this rather than what was my previous favorite a 22/45 Lite Ruger. Anyone want to buy a Ruger:)
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]

That's quite a testimony! The Ruger 22/45 Lite is quite a favorite of many.
    I'm assuming you have had an array of the different major brands out there in the past to compare it with besides the Ruger 22/45 Lite.
    Keep us informed.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    What other pistol would you say this feels like as far as ergonomics?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

What other pistol would you say this feels like as far as ergonomics?

Cross between vp9 and 320. Kind of best of both.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    Are you more accurate with it than your Mark IV 22/45 Lite?!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    This is getting interesting. Might have to play with one sometime.

Better, but... I'm sure mm and tt can make it dirty...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom