• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'll play. Here are my current rimfires, A Ruger Mark II, KMK514 and an Anschutz 1710D HB.

i9nbj-Cn-FRn6-F3z-Fj-L0-Am6g.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    oykdrn-YScuoeu-WUUBFsug.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    CCHj-Cxo-TRSABk3y36-Ep-A.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Very cool. Don't often see the Ruger in short taper target.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    So, I accidentally put a bid on a s&w 622... I'm actually winning. Any info on these.
    I bought one off of GB a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet(likely this weekend). They're neat little guns. Very lightweight. I think there are some YouTube videos on them if you want to see one in action.

Interesting, was really not I tending on bidding. I blame the bourbon ...err... I means Coors light... it's been sitting @$175 for a couple days. I'd be ok with that. Luckily the couch isn't too bad...

That is a very good price if it stays there. Usually go closer to $300.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A question for you rimfire advocates.
    I have a GSG 1911-22 that I enjoy very much.
    RZLZCBl.jpg

I bought it months ago at ZR Tactical in Noblesville and Zack had upgraded all the weakness that are inherent in the OEM model and done a few other niceties to it.
    I was glad to get it since I have had a few of the 1911 type of .22LRs and most are made by Umarex and not manufactured in-house so I was glad to get one that was done/upgraded properly.
    I never had any issues with it and liked the "heavy" feel, and had been accurate enough.
    But, last Thursday I was shooting 5 different semi-autos on my journey of trimming from the nine I have left (which 4 or 5 to sell).
    The GSG had a failure to eject 3 times in a row, so I simply set it aside.
    It had never done that before and I supposed it simply needed some cleaning even though I'd only shot it a little maybe 200 rounds.
    My Beretta M9-22 had a failure to feed the same shooting session and after cleaning it: no problem today shooting it.
    However, after cleaning the GSG last night, then taking it to the range today, the issue continues, but not as bad: only one failure to feed per magazine (three times) with it happening twice in one magazine.
    It did eject the fired round, unlike Thursday, but just wasn't feeding, but it was getting stuck only partially in the chamber.
    Here is a pic, sorry about it being so big:
    2jdJqHe.jpg

I was told that feeding issues are either magazine or spring related.
    Part of the upgrades was a full length stainless steel guide rod and new spring, so I can't imagine it needing a new spring.
    The magazine seems fine. It is actually my favorite magazine of all of my semi-autos: heavy and smooth as silk.
    I can call Zack at ZR Tactical and see what he recommends since he did the work to it.
    It was my understanding that the gun had not even been fired when I bought it, another reason I doubt if it is a bad spring, but I might have that mixed up with another gun.

Another thing: I have notice that as I release the slide for the 1st round to go into the magazine that the slide would seem to move slow before locking in the round, and once it got stuck before the round got all the way in the chamber.
    It was like it didn't have enough force to move forward, which would speak to a spring weakness, I assume?
    Once or twice when it didn't quite go all the way forward, I pushed the slide forward the rest of the way (1/4 inch) to lock the round in the chamber.
    I was using CCI Mini-Mags HV (1230 FPS) with solid copper covered round nose ammunition.

Thanks for any suggestions. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Well, I finally got around to snapping a few pics, not the best but I was in a hurry.....here are 3 of my Winchester 52's, the ones that were in the front and easy to get too. :)

The "C's" and more B's were all the way in the back...next time i clean out I'll get some of those for the show and tell.

I've had several of the pre-suffix rifles, slow and speed lock and even the rare "A" at one time or another..but prefer the B, C and D variations.

52D Standard Weight with Redfield Olympic Sights 1962
    eCD37zV.jpg

52B Heavy Weight with a Unertl 15X Ultra Varmint Scope 1948
    wLdEMp8.jpg

Another 52D, Heavy Weight with a 24X Redfield 3200 Scope, very early D production 1961
    9So5KLh.jpg

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Well, I finally got around to snapping a few pics, not the best but I was in a hurry.....here are 3 of my Winchester 52's, the ones that were in the front and easy to get too. :)

The "C's" and more B's were all the way in the back...next time i clean out I'll get some of those for the show and tell.

I've had several of the pre-suffix rifles, slow and speed lock and even the rare "A" at one time or another..but prefer the B, C and D variations.

eCD37zV.jpg

wLdEMp8.jpg

Another 52D, with a 24X Redfield 3200 Scope, very early D production 1961
    9So5KLh.jpg

Oldies but goodies. Loving those scopes.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME

eCD37zV.jpg

wLdEMp8.jpg

Another 52D, with a 24X Redfield 3200 Scope, very early D production 1961
    9So5KLh.jpg
    Now those are cool...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A follow up about the failure to feed issues I had with my GSG using different ammo.
    RZLZCBl.jpg

I mentioned, after cleaning the GSG after having 3 failure to feed issues I took it to the range and the issue continued, but not as bad: only one failure to feed per magazine (three times) with it happening twice in one magazine.
    I was using CCI Mini-Mags, HV (1235 FPS), solid copper plated round nose.

Here is a pic, sorry about it being so big:
    2jdJqHe.jpg

Another thing: I have notice that as I release the slide for the 1st round to go into the magazine that the slide would seem to move slow before locking in the round, and once it got stuck before the round got all the way in the chamber.
    It was like it didn't have enough force to move forward, which would speak to a spring weakness, I assume?
    Once or twice when it didn't quite go all the way forward, I pushed the slide forward the rest of the way (1/4 inch) to lock the round in the chamber.

Today, I first used CCI Standard Velocity (1070 FPS), round lead nose, 40 grain and I had no failures to feed for 5 magazines (50 rounds) = 0/50 failures to feed.
    Next, I used Armscor 36 grain, HV, hollow point, and out of 5 magazines, I had only 2/50 failures to feed.
    Next, I went back to that I had been using before: CCI HV (1230), 40 grain. I had only 1/50 failure to feed.
    It was when I released the slide for the 1st round to go into the chamber and it was way off being lined up to go in?????
    I wish I had another magazine to try out with it.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks for any suggestions. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very hard to diagnose not actually seeing this 1st hand.
    -Is the recoil spring strong enough.....round count???
    -Does the slide move freely with no mag inserted.
    -Does it "slow down" when the loaded mag is in place.
    -Is the round locking up on the extractor.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    In case someone didn't know... a Wolf ammo rep said the beeswax coating is for humidity control. Keeps the powder more consistent.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    In case someone didn't know... a Wolf ammo rep said the beeswax coating is for humidity control. Keeps the powder more consistent.

That has to only be part of the story. Lube affects accuracy as well. Rimfire central at one time had a thread involving experimentation with different bullet lubes. Up to and including preparation "H".

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A little off subject but I was cleaning the room where my ammo is and I counted my rimfire ammo. Only 5k. I need to buy more since it's so cheap.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Very hard to diagnose not actually seeing this 1st hand.
    -Is the recoil spring strong enough.....round count???
    -Does the slide move freely with no mag inserted.
    -Does it "slow down" when the loaded mag is in place.
    -Is the round locking up on the extractor.

Recoil spring was put in new with the stainless steel guide rod when upgrades were done by Zack at ZR Tactical in Noblesville.
    Round count after today's 150 rounds = 350-400.
    I had noticed that sometimes when I was releasing the slide for the 1st round to feed from the magazine into the chamber, that it seemed to be "sluggish" or not as snappy.
    I just did a test and with the magazine out it was always "snappy" when I would release the slide, and would even sound louder b/c of its "snappiness."
    Whereas, with the magazine in, it was discernibly a little sluggish, but when using the gun sometimes I would really notice it being more than a little "sluggish."
    So, yes, it does seem to slow down with the mag in.

I read this:
    Extractors factor into feeding of rounds as well as ejecting them, as the extractor feeds the round from the magazine to the chamber. An extractor that's too tight or too loose, or is otherwise damaged, can result in poor feeding.

But, I don't know what that looks like or what to look for, sorry for my lack of experience. :dunno:

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    A little off subject but I was cleaning the room where my ammo is and I counted my rimfire ammo. Only 5k. I need to buy more since it's so cheap.

Definitely the time to restock. Ive seen 2500 cci sv at brownells for $95 after rebate and just seen cci blazers somewhere, cant remeber who had them, 5k rounds for under $140 after rebate. If i didnt already have 25k id Probably order some more.
    I do need to get some more Eley for the precision 10/22

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Pics of my S/W 41 bought off a member here.
    He said it was from the 80s.
    It had been stored on a safe for decades and he rescued it at a shop.
    Member decided to go a different direction and I snapped it up.
    Upgraded the usual internals and got it running flawless.
    I couldn't see the iron sights so I painted the front sight with 2 coats white then 2 coats red over top: now I can see!
    I have 9 semi-autos left and want to sell at least 4 more of them.
    I'm sure the 41 will be among the survivors, then the real work will begin.

SxFQqEq.jpg

jAq8MDN.jpg

LV70oNC.jpg

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Definitely the time to restock. Ive seen 2500 cci sv at brownells for $95 after rebate and just seen cci blazers somewhere, cant remeber who had them, 5k rounds for under $140 after rebate. If i didnt already have 25k id Probably order some more.
    I do need to get some more Eley for the precision 10/22

I'm not needing any .22 for now and not thinking that my grandkids wont either. I have 1 Ammo can with over 100,000 rds in it that the grandkids use and I have several other cans full for my usage.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom