• T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How do you like the H&R?
    Accuracy seems decent, the grips are way too small for my hands and the trigger guard is small too. The DA is okay, the SA is decent. When I had the red dot on it I could put respectable groups together. I would shoot it more if I could find larger grips for it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    What's everyone's "go to" .22lr ammo for accuracy?

How much are you willing to spend on 22s?

I’ve had really good luck with CCI SV for everyday shooting, the best compromise round for me. My expendjveroubd currently is Eley Target. Federal Gold Match sits between them. Everything is standard velocity though.

I limit HV use for just to breaking in springs, like the last 10/22. It needed 200 rounds of mini-mags to function reliably.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How much are you willing to spend on 22s?

I’ve had really good luck with CCI SV for everyday shooting, the best compromise round for me. My expendjveroubd currently is Eley Target. Federal Gold Match sits between them. Everything is standard velocity though.

I limit HV use for just to breaking in springs, like the last 10/22. It needed 200 rounds of mini-mags to function reliably.
    I'm looking at CCI SV for the lower cost (and rebate) with good consistent results currently. I'm also liking Aguila ammo right now also.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking at CCI SV for the lower cost (and rebate) with good consistent results currently. I'm also liking Aguila ammo right now also.

CCi Sv gives the least amount of issues with the best accuracy across all of my platforms for the least cost. The Buckmark really liked the Aguila. Actually I don’t think I’ve had any that didn’t like Aguila either.

The match ammo can get expensive fast.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    CCi Sv gives the least amount of issues with the best accuracy across all of my platforms for the least cost. The Buckmark really liked the Aguila. Actually I don’t think I’ve had any that didn’t like Aguila either.

The match ammo can get expensive fast.
    I'm looking at costs at Target Sports USA with my Prime membership. I can get Aguila standard or high velocity (both shot well for me) for 3.3 cents per round. The CCI SV is 3.6 cents per round, but after the mail in rebate.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My rifle really likes Eley Club and my Mark IV 22/45 lite loves cci sv the best as far as accuracy goes.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking at costs at Target Sports USA with my Prime membership. I can get Aguila standard or high velocity (both shot well for me) for 3.3 cents per round. The CCI SV is 3.6 cents per round, but after the mail in rebate.

Neither are bad choices as long as they function and shoot well for you. It’s fun balancing the want for performance vs cost, isn’t it?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had a Rock Island Armory XT 22 Standard 1911 Semi Auto Rimfire Pistol .22 LR that was made to run with Armscor and did well with that but finicky with other brands.
    I have a ton of Aguila, also, but haven't used it that much yet.
    I have 2 tons of CCI SV, and the same with the CCI Mini-Mags.
    Remington Golden Bullets run well in about anything, also.
    I have a bunch of other brands I've picked up, but Winchester M-22 I will never buy again and won't put it into my semi-autos.
    My Federal Game Shok runs wells.

Areoflyer, are you saying I should be running SV instead of HV b/c it is easier on the gun (if the gun doesn't need a HV to run)?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had an older H & R I bought from a member here; very accurate! Enjoyed shooting it, but I sold it to another member after my time with it.

I've spent some time this evening applying some Flourescent gun sight paint to some of my guns with iron sights this pm (mostly .22LR).
    2 coats white, then going to put 2 coats red over top of that as per instructions. I've done this before, but have sold some of those.
    I did so on the front sights only for now and if I need more help seeing, perhaps I'll put some white on the rear sights as I have done with other guns in the past.
    I'm not convinced white on the rear sights is best when running red in the front, but I haven't seen anyone running red sights in the front and rear.
    I have learned my eyes like the red on the front sights instead of green.
    A few of my guns have a light green front sight, and they don't do anything for me at all. :dunno:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Areoflyer, are you saying I should be running SV instead of HV b/c it is easier on the gun (if the gun doesn't need a HV to run)?

If it doesn’t need HV to run (some do), I don’t see a point in running it. Theoretically, if all you ran was HV ammo you could be replacing recoil spring more often.

I used the mini-mags in the 10/22 because the receiver was so rough SV ammo couldn’t reliably cycle it. It needed more oomph to smooth out the internals. It’s still rough but it runs on SV now.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    2 MOA out of M&P 15/22 is pretty good. Mine can't do that with any ammo I've tried.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Took the 10/22 and the Mossberg 46B out to the range today. Still having some issues with the 10/22 stovepiping, even with a steady diet of Mini-mags. Probably put about 150 or so rounds through it today... Getting a bit frustrating. Any input from the 10/22 experts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Took the 10/22 and the Mossberg 46B out to the range today. Still having some issues with the 10/22 stovepiping, even with a steady diet of Mini-mags. Probably put about 150 or so rounds through it today... Getting a bit frustrating. Any input from the 10/22 experts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Extractor issues is my first thought for stove pipes with mini mags.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What's everyone's "go to" .22lr ammo for accuracy?

My Victory shoots everything I've tried well, but seems to like Federal AutoMatch and CCI SV the best. It also seems to run reasonably well with the cheap Federal Black Box stuff I got on Back Friday. The Ruger is more picky so far. It's run everything decent, but is starting to have feeding issues. I need to clean it well before I worry about it too much. For my Annie, it gets fed a steady diet of SK Standard Plus, which it loves. Great for killing lollipops :yesway:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Y'all are making me a bit crazy in my head. Just last night I got out my Mark III Target, which has a Halo charge ring on and began to handle it again (not shooting it), thinking I'd put it up for sale since it has not been used but maybe once, a few years back (about 100 or so rounds). Just sits there. My wife thought she may like it but, for some strange reason, she does not like shooting guns!

Now I cannot decide. Looking at all the cool pics and stories, well, giving me second thoughts.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom