• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lexis2413

Mrs. Turbo
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Can't believe I waiting this long to check out this thread. My one and only(curreently) rimfire.
    CZ 455 Varmit in 17hmr with Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 scope.
    5DATIdCh.jpg

Very nice! I love my Rugar American in 17

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up the MkIV tonight and did some testing/general range time. A couple of range friends were there tonight as well. Always a fun night when I get to watch the reaction people have to experienced a fully built Ruger trigger for the first time.

The 11.5” Volquartsen Carbon upper shoots fantastically. I couldn’t have asked for it to shoot better. It handles like a dream, it’s long but you don’t notice the weight. It’s stay stable and easy to pick up the sights. It’s just there when you lift it up. I didn’t do any formal testing, but the accuracy potential showed itself very quickly. I’m excited to get it some more formal accuracy testing in.

The 4.5” Hunter ran beautifully tonight. We swapped the frame between it and the 6.8” Hunter and that solved the issue with the mags not wanting to seat. This one is a riot, it’s like the steel version of a 22/45 Lite.

The MkIV ran great. It’s wonderfully balanced, if a bit on the heavy side at 46oz. You notice the weight when holding it, but it disappears when you pull it up to shoot. I’m thoroughly impressed with the machine and finish work on the MkIV stainless frame compared to the MkIII frames. It’s just a massive step up. My only negative is the trigger, more specifically the length of travel for the reset. This is less a fault of the gun and more an issue with my being spoiled by my built frames.

The wife’s Buckmark ran great. Very fun little pistol. Turned out be an awesome little suppressor host as well.

There were some ammo issues. I’ve been trying to use up the odds and ends and I’m getting closer. At this point I’m done buying Federal Champion & Winchester Match. I had 5 22 pistols with us tonight for function tests and none of them are either of these reliably.

Overall it was a great range trip. I’ll work on pictures of the MkIV tomorrow night, it’s really a gorgeous pistol.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up the MkIV tonight and did some testing/general range time. A couple of range friends were there tonight as well. Always a fun night when I get to watch the reaction people have to experienced a fully built Ruger trigger for the first time.

The 11.5” Volquartsen Carbon upper shoots fantastically. I couldn’t have asked for it to shoot better. It handles like a dream, it’s long but you don’t notice the weight. It’s stay stable and easy to pick up the sights. It’s just there when you lift it up. I didn’t do any formal testing, but the accuracy potential showed itself very quickly. I’m excited to get it some more formal accuracy testing in.

The 4.5” Hunter ran beautifully tonight. We swapped the frame between it and the 6.8” Hunter and that solved the issue with the mags not wanting to seat. This one is a riot, it’s like the steel version of a 22/45 Lite.

The MkIV ran great. It’s wonderfully balanced, if a bit on the heavy side at 46oz. You notice the weight when holding it, but it disappears when you pull it up to shoot. I’m thoroughly impressed with the machine and finish work on the MkIV stainless frame compared to the MkIII frames. It’s just a massive step up. My only negative is the trigger, more specifically the length of travel for the reset. This is less a fault of the gun and more an issue with my being spoiled by my built frames.

The wife’s Buckmark ran great. Very fun little pistol. Turned out be an awesome little suppressor host as well.

There were some ammo issues. I’ve been trying to use up the odds and ends and I’m getting closer. At this point I’m done buying Federal Champion & Winchester Match. I had 5 22 pistols with us tonight for function tests and none of them are either of these reliably.

Overall it was a great range trip. I’ll work on pictures of the MkIV tomorrow night, it’s really a gorgeous pistol.

I have various types of ammo and would sell you some at cost for you to try.
    Of course, if you leave your new acquisitions with me for a couple of days I’ll run my ammo through them for free .
    I’m afraid I would be running the risk of never being happy again!
    Question: How many feet/yards are you shooting from?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have various types of ammo and would sell you some at cost for you to try.
    Of course, if you leave your new acquisitions with me for a couple of days I’ll run my ammo through them for free .
    I’m afraid I would be running the risk of never being happy again!
    Question: How many feet/yards are you shooting from?

I’m down to either it’s match ammo or is CCI SV for mine. I’m pretty well burnt on the cheap stuff not working. The Buckmark likes Aguila though so I’ll need to get some of that in order.

Last night varied between 15 to 30 feet. For function testing & informal shooting, I don’t worry about distances.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hey Turbo ....once I get the rail & red dot installed ...... I'm going to be gunning for your fancy .22 setups ! Oh yeah ..... you'll have a chance to show me up with your super-duper hardware.
    But hopefully, I'll be in-the-game !

(at least I'll have a chance ..... ummm .... maybe ...... hopefully )
    :):

i-MTVNpWV-L.jpg

Obviously, from the popularity of this thread , the rimfire madness is spreading !!!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hey Turbo ....once I get the rail & red dot installed ...... I'm going to be gunning for your fancy .22 setups ! Oh yeah ..... you'll have a chance to show me up with your super-duper hardware.

i-MTVNpWV-L.jpg

Obviously, from the popularity of this thread , the rimfire madness is spreading !!!

With the dot you’ll outshoot me easy!

Seriously though, the madness spreads easy. A few mags of a finely built 22 and you’ll be jonsing for days. :lmfao:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    With the dot you’ll outshoot me easy!

Seriously though, the madness spreads easy. A few mags of a finely built 22 and you’ll be jonsing for days. :lmfao:

So you think that I'll be searching the country for a long, carbon fiber barrel, huh ? Time will tell ! :D

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

i-MTVNpWV-L.jpg

Very nice MM!

Should I start scouting the web for one that’ll fit a Buckmark? ;)

:lmfao:

Top Bottom