• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I'll personally pass on the right-wing extremist tag. Every self described right-wing extremist I've known has been very racist and more than happy to oppress those thought to be inferior. And that is usually who you hear described as right-wing extremists.

If I've got to cling to a bible to be right-wing, I'll pass on that as well.

If I had to call myself anything, it would a gun owner that is tired of corrupt and chronically lying politicians (democrats and republicans).

QFT

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I'll personally pass on the right-wing extremist tag. Every self described right-wing extremist I've known has been very racist and more than happy to oppress those thought to be inferior. And that is usually who you hear described as right-wing extremists.

If I've got to cling to a bible to be right-wing, I'll pass on that as well.

If I had to call myself anything, it would a gun owner that is tired of corrupt and chronically lying politicians (democrats and republicans).

:+1: Rep for you.

Extremism of any sort is bad because it encourages belief without skepticism. When you stop thinking critically about your own ideals, you stop making educated decisions and start making potentially bad ones.

I believe in our rights as laid out by the constitution and even moreso, our personal responsibilities as citizens. A big part of which is, in my opinion, supporting social progress -- which happens to be opposed quite frequently by the current version of the republican party, and modern conservative movement.

That being said, the democrats/liberals aren't any better :n00b:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    The classic definitions of right wing and left wing are really skewed in modern times. I think most people here believe Hobbes and Locke both have the right ideas about people and government. Unfortunately, the 'left' seems to follow Rousseau.

mpmike25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    All I'm saying is that "extremist" is a harsh word patriots, veterans, and gun owning enthusiasts. We as people believe in our rights and protect them so how does that make us extremists. My views aren't extreme by any means nor am I racist, I just believe in what is right is right and wrong is wrong.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    All I'm saying is that "extremist" is a harsh word patriots, veterans, and gun owning enthusiasts. We as people believe in our rights and protect them so how does that make us extremists. My views aren't extreme by any means nor am I racist, I just believe in what is right is right and wrong is wrong.

:+1:

They are using the term to push a negative connotation.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Bible Toting, check
    Church Going, check
    Constitutional Conservative, check
    Love what America should be, check
    Gun Bearer, check

Label me what you want, I am what I am.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Can I assume by "Right Wing Extremists" you mean staunch Constitutional Conservatives? And by Conservative you mean fiscal, social and national defense conservatives?

The only reason I ask for clarification is that only a portion of the members on this site fit that description.

Social Conservative doesn't equal Constitutional Conservative. For example, a social Conservative as defined by today's standards does not approve of government recognized gay marriage. A Constitutional Conservative knows that the government has no authority over such issues.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The classic definitions of right wing and left wing are really skewed in modern times. I think most people here believe Hobbes and Locke both have the right ideas about people and government. Unfortunately, the 'left' seems to follow Rousseau.
    Is Hobbes the cat or the little kid? I can never keep them straight... ;)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Gay marriage...the litmus test of freedom!:rolleyes:

It's just one example of government over reach that Social Conservatives or other 'Conservatives' of today condone when a Constitutional Conservative would not. Other examples would include any issues related to separation of church and state. A principle which Constitutional Conservatives understand, but 'social Conservatives' often neglect. Gay marriage wasn't meant to be the point of my post, it was just an example.

But to address the thread...I agree with those who don't want to be called an extremist. Obeying the supreme law of the land, The Constitution, is not extreme in any sense of the word.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ....separation of church and state....

There is no such thing...this is a figment of the progressives' imagination, conceived and ingrained into the American psyche (sp?) to drive the Christian religion out of all aspects of public life. And they've succeeded, wildly!

I am a not a right wing extremist, conservative...I am an American.

I don't believe I should be able to elect a politician to do something that is otherwise illegal for me to do for myself.
    I believe it is my job to help the poor, if I want to. It is not the government's.
    I believe "....shall not be infringed" means what it says.
    I believe America is a special place, founded by men that relied on Gods guidance.
    And I believe we should judge men based on the content of their character...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    There is no such thing...this is a figment of the progressives' imagination, conceived and ingrained into the American psyche (sp?) to drive the Christian religion out of all aspects of public life. And they've succeeded, wildly!

I am a not a right wing extremist, conservative...I am an American.

I don't believe I should be able to elect a politician to do something that is otherwise illegal for me to do for myself.
    I believe it is my job to help the poor, if I want to. It is not the government's.
    I believe "....shall not be infringed" means what it says.
    I believe America is a special place, founded by men that relied on Gods guidance.
    And I believe we should judge men based on the content of their character...

Founded by men that relied on God's guidance to leave a land in which they were religiously oppressed...

Edit: Thought it was worth noting that Thomas Jefferson first coined the term 'Separation of Church and State' in 1802.

Last edited:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Originally the 1st amendment was to pertain to the fedral government,"congress shall establish no laws " however, many of 13 original states had in their Constitutions language promoting a state religion.
    The intent of the letter Thomas Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptist Association that referred to the separation of church and state was to protect the church from the state. More than the other way around, as it is used in modern times.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    ef6908f8.jpg

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    ...The intent of the letter Thomas Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptist Association that referred to the separation of church and state was to protect the church from the state. More than the other way around, as it is used in modern times.

That's correct. Well said.

Top Bottom