• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Im 6' and 320 pounds. Mine get a heck of a workout too.

6' 4" and currently about 340 (working on that) and wear my BioBelt everyday as well. Same experience as you guys, no problems with it. I'm hoping to need to send it in soon to have more holes punched in it. I'm on the 2nd to last one.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok, I'm ready to bug the BioBelt.

Is the sizing the same as the Wilderness Instructor's belt? I don't want to screw the sizing up...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I was told to order "4 sizes larger than your pant size". I wear a 36" pants, so I ordered a 40" belt. Fit perfectly.

Mine still looks like new btw.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Not to parrot what others have said, but I still love mine as well. I'm on the last hole, but I kinda seem stuck there since slacked off the My Fitness Pal app. Need to get back on board!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Not to parrot what others have said, but I still love mine as well. I'm on the last hole, but I kinda seem stuck there since slacked off the My Fitness Pal app. Need to get back on board!

Better put in for a new one or send it back to get resized before you go down another hole!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've been debating drilling a new hole (lost a bunch of weight) with a .188 bit. I don't really need to cut it shorter, because the end tucks into the next loop just fine.
    I've had mine a little over a year, and it is still just as stout as it was brand new. I have some really light weight ripstop shorts that I wear when I run, and the belt keeps my SR9 tight to my body.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've been debating drilling a new hole (lost a bunch of weight) with a .188 bit. I don't really need to cut it shorter, because the end tucks into the next loop just fine.
    I've had mine a little over a year, and it is still just as stout as it was brand new. I have some really light weight ripstop shorts that I wear when I run, and the belt keeps my SR9 tight to my body.
    I contacted them about drilling a new hole myself. They said they would rather do it. Something about if you get the hole off one way or another, it could compromise the integrity of the belt. They do it for free.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Ordered one of the Biobelts a while back after reading this thread. Had it for about 6 months now and love it. It's much better than the Wilderness I used to wear. I don't care what they say at Wilderness, they have changed them and the liner isn't as thick as it was in the past. The only thing to watch out for with the Bio Belt is that since it's so stiff that buckle can swing around and smack you rather unpleasantly if you aren't awake enough and are throwing on a pair of pants with it still in them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ordered one of the Biobelts a while back after reading this thread. Had it for about 6 months now and love it. It's much better than the Wilderness I used to wear. I don't care what they say at Wilderness, they have changed them and the liner isn't as thick as it was in the past. The only thing to watch out for with the Bio Belt is that since it's so stiff that buckle can swing around and smack you rather unpleasantly if you aren't awake enough and are throwing on a pair of pants with it still in them.

You are correct (did you read my topic about this from last year?). The woman with whom I spoke on more than one occasion about it lied, stuck to the lie, and was belligerent about it to make it worse. I had two of the older belts in my hands comparing them to the new belt I received from them and there were not the same. In fact, it wasn't even close.

So, I started wearing my new BioBelt in brown yesterday. It's 2" smaller than my original and fits fine. I got the 3/4" hole spacing on it too.

I also ordered one of their double layer leather belts for spiffier attire. I did not get the metal liner because 1) it was $30 more, and 2) I won't be carrying all the gear on my belt under those circumstances. Two layers of leather, 1/4" thick should work okay. I just hope it fits the belt loops on my new dress pant! I got the 1-1/2" width, but wasn't thinking when I asked for the 1/4" thickness. D'OH!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You are correct (did you read my topic about this from last year?). The woman with whom I spoke on more than one occasion about it lied, stuck to the lie, and was belligerent about it to make it worse. I had two of the older belts in my hands comparing them to the new belt I received from them and there were not the same. In fact, it wasn't even close.

So, I started wearing my new BioBelt in brown yesterday. It's 2" smaller than my original and fits fine. I got the 3/4" hole spacing on it too.

I also ordered one of their double layer leather belts for spiffier attire. I did not get the metal liner because 1) it was $30 more, and 2) I won't be carrying all the gear on my belt under those circumstances. Two layers of leather, 1/4" thick should work okay. I just hope it fits the belt loops on my new dress pant! I got the 1-1/2" width, but wasn't thinking when I asked for the 1/4" thickness. D'OH!

Yes, I remember reading that. I was in the market for a new belt then and had 2 older Wilderness belts from several years ago. I ordered one of the new money belts with the Ti buckle. For a money belt it's nice but they don't work well as a gun belt any longer. I had problems with some holsters and the money belt as well. The zipper made the belt so thick that it would not thread through some of the thinner slots of holsters. I called and talked to them and got the same story that nothing had changed when it clearly had. Since I had problems I started carrying in the pocket for a while. After the Bio Belt I can put it back where it belongs.

I also see where Wilderness changed the buckle recycle program where you can have your old buckle put on a new belt for a discount. Pretty much done with them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes, I remember reading that. I was in the market for a new belt then and had 2 older Wilderness belts from several years ago. I ordered one of the new money belts with the Ti buckle. For a money belt it's nice but they don't work well as a gun belt any longer. I had problems with some holsters and the money belt as well. The zipper made the belt so thick that it would not thread through some of the thinner slots of holsters. I called and talked to them and got the same story that nothing had changed when it clearly had. Since I had problems I started carrying in the pocket for a while. After the Bio Belt I can put it back where it belongs.

I also see where Wilderness changed the buckle recycle program where you can have your old buckle put on a new belt for a discount. Pretty much done with them.

Clearly they don't need our business. I haven't purchased any of their other gear since the belt issue.

Top Bottom