Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Well, that was weird.

On another note, here's a friend of mine, just collected his polar bear - a once in a lifetime bucket list accomplishment and extremely difficult. Here's what he says about polar bears and their demise: https://www.facebook.com/sean.whipp...=feed_comment_reply&notif_id=1460467229471826

"I asked my Inuit guides their thoughts on polar bear numbers, climate change, etc. They literally all laughed at me. My head guide said "More bears than ever, and I was born in igloo", implying that he has been around long enough to know"

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The most amazing feature of the climate models is that, regardless of the data input, the output is always the same: the Mann Hockey Stick.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Al Gore clearly understands at least half of the water cycle. Ice melts and runs into the ocean...then those massive reflecting pool...evaporate. He is an idiot being followed by a cloud of idiots (with government grants or being employed by hysteria based associations).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's simple really. I'm a member of a group over-represented among skeptics: engineers. Why is it that people trained in data analysis and measurement methodology are so much less likely to subscribe to climate fear-mongering?

Well played, sir.

Isn't it interesting that the people who are most capable of interpreting the data and analysis are the same people who are most likely to be skeptics, and thus branded "science deniers"? Yes, the people who actually understand the underlying fundamentals of the actual science, the complexity of the system, and the obvious flaws and deception inherent to the models are those who are branded "science deniers."

It's like me at the finish line of an ultra marathon criticizing the athletes for being fat and out of shape as they crossed the finish line while I sat in a chair eating donuts and drinking a tasty milkshake.

The most amazing feature of the climate models is that, regardless of the data input, the output is always the same: the Mann Hockey Stick.

"...it's almost like...they know!"

It's . . . INCONCEIVABLE!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    a-princess-bride-quotes-1.jpg

fatback mike

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    It was either Rush or G Gordon Liddy that said all the recording stations were above an asphalt parking lots and places that were hot all the time

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It was either Rush or G Gordon Liddy that said all the recording stations were above an asphalt parking lots and places that were hot all the time

Technically, they are not hot all the time, but it is true that many of these recording stations are suspect at best. Some are near air conditioning condenser fans, and subject to blasts of hot air. Others are in urban areas where the well-documented 'heat island' effect creates the impression of higher temperatures from a higher thermal mass that stores and re-radiates a lot of heat.

The most critical component in the heat flow is the ocean. The ability of the oceans to store heat is mind-boggling. But it's also a major reason as to why the climate models end up so terrible. We simply don't have really accurate data about how much water there is in the ocean. You'd think that a couple trillion gallons here and there wouldn't be so consequential, but it is. The total heat stored by all the mass of planetary atmosphere compared to that stored by all the water is tiny. So the air temps are volatile and flighty figure, but they can never wag the dog of ocean temps. Ocean temps drive air temps, not the other way around.

And we still do not really have a good understanding of the true magnitude of the el nino/la nina cycles in terms of how much energy the move across the ocean and if that amount is changing on any kind of trend, or whether it just oscillates around some mean value to which it always regresses.

There are reason that the climate "scientists" refuse to stick with the satellite data that is the only truly accurate global temperature survey we have. It has mostly to do with the satellite data not supporting AGW, and also do with only having it available for years after the early 80s.

Thus, they get to create fictitious temperature 'records' based on ice cores, tree rings, and sargasso sea mud. Coincidentally, this 'data':rolleyes: all seems to support the idea that the planet was somehow much, much colder in somewhat recent times.

Ask them to explain in terms of tree rings and ice cores the Medieval Climate Optimum and the proof that Greenland was being farmed by norsemen around that period. Then watch a 'researcher' get mad at you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The oceans are also the biggest source/sink for gases such as CO2. When it's cooler, more CO2 is dissolved on the oceans (and thus less is in the atmosphere) and when it's warmer, less CO2 can remain in solution, so it evolves into the atmosphere.

But if you ignore the sun and the oceans and all of the real data, you can pretty much make the data you fabricate say anything you want.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well played, sir.

Isn't it interesting that the people who are most capable of interpreting the data and analysis are the same people who are most likely to be skeptics, and thus branded "science deniers"? Yes, the people who actually understand the underlying fundamentals of the actual science, the complexity of the system, and the obvious flaws and deception inherent to the models are those who are branded "science deniers."

It's like me at the finish line of an ultra marathon criticizing the athletes for being fat and out of shape as they crossed the finish line while I sat in a chair eating donuts and drinking a tasty milkshake.

It's . . . INCONCEIVABLE!

[video=youtube;G2y8Sx4B2Sk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk[/video]

Top Bottom