Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We are overdue for a dissenter. Surely someone in INGOland will [STRIKE]ridicule[/STRIKE] rationally oppose the skeptical portion of INGO and defend the 97% of science [STRIKE]whores[/STRIKE] professionals who agree with the climate change [STRIKE]alarmists[/STRIKE] concerned politicians.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We are overdue for a dissenter. Surely someone in INGOland will [STRIKE]ridicule[/STRIKE] rationally oppose the skeptical portion of INGO and defend the 97% of science [STRIKE]whores[/STRIKE] professionals who agree with the climate change [STRIKE]alarmists[/STRIKE] concerned politicians.

I saw one of the douchier usual suspects posting in a another topic a couple of weeks ago. No idea what it said, though, 'cause IGNORE list.

They got it. They thought it was funny.

Polar bear numbers up, but rescue continues

We should feed those bears . . . someon...er...something.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    His book is currently unavailable on amazon.com. Is that because it's new and they don't have it yet? Or something else?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Judges plan to outlaw climate change 'denial? - Telegraph

“The most important thing the courts could do,” he said, was to hold a top-level “finding of fact”, to settle these “scientific disputes” once and for all: so that it could then be made illegal for any government, corporation (or presumably individual scientist) ever to question the agreed “science” again.

So, a court will declare what the scientific facts are. Riiiiight...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

I read through a good number of the comments and it was interesting reading. I will say this, an observation reading comments on "scientific" internet publications, there are a fair number of people commenting on these papers that are just plain rude. Does it really bolster your credibility or the truth of what you say by calling people names or using profanity? Again, just an observation. You would think scientific professionals commenting in a public forum would be a touch more professional and courteous. Ahem.

There are a number of theories thrown out and some "data" postulated. The melting fresh water ice on Antarctica was interesting. The theory is - if the data is true - Antarctica is losing it's land ice, that ice water flows into the sea dropping it's salinity, thus increasing the amount of ice created as water freezes better when the salinity drops. I didn't read all the references thrown out, but wonder if any of that is true. I don't think salt is retained in water when it freezes - does it? - and if not, doesn't that salt now returned to the sea raise the salinity? Are there any evidences of dropping salinity in Antarctica? Is the land mass of Antarctica really losing ice in the form of water returned to the sea?

Another commenter presented "data" suggesting the earth on the whole is losing over a trillion tons of ice per year. He gets this from various sources stating land masses are losing ice, returning it to water world wide. I have no idea if this is true.

The one fact that no one seems to dispute is that the earth global temperatures are no where near the any of the prediction models - none of them. That information alone makes me suspect of the entire "science". Pulling a single predictor - CO2 - and trying to make a case for causality in a system with so many constantly changing variables seems to me faulty from the start.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I read through a good number of the comments and it was interesting reading. I will say this, an observation reading comments on "scientific" internet publications, there are a fair number of people commenting on these papers that are just plain rude. Does it really bolster your credibility or the truth of what you say by calling people names or using profanity? Again, just an observation. You would think scientific professionals commenting in a public forum would be a touch more professional and courteous. Ahem.

Such behavior, assuming the posters actually do have some rudimentary understanding of scientific principles and interpretation of data, is indicative of the real source of their belief: emotion & desire. They want it to be the way they believe it to be in the absence of any evidence, thus the de facto religion being practice. The difference between their religion and most others is that most others admit that they are practicing a religion based on faith rather than on verifiable scientific evidence.

There are a number of theories thrown out and some "data" postulated. The melting fresh water ice on Antarctica was interesting. The theory is - if the data is true - Antarctica is losing it's land ice, that ice water flows into the sea dropping it's salinity, thus increasing the amount of ice created as water freezes better when the salinity drops. I didn't read all the references thrown out, but wonder if any of that is true. I don't think salt is retained in water when it freezes - does it? - and if not, doesn't that salt now returned to the sea raise the salinity? Are there any evidences of dropping salinity in Antarctica? Is the land mass of Antarctica really losing ice in the form of water returned to the sea?

You are correct. As water freezes, the various non-water species are pushed out of the forming crystalline structure, leaving the dissolved salts behind in the remaining liquid. In fact, freezing is a known way to desalinate sea water. I've seen an experimental desalination setup (years ago) that used a firehose to spray sea water into the air in very cold weather, resulting in ice (frozen fresh water) landing in a pile. It was kind of like using a snow-making machine to desalinate sea water.

The one fact that no one seems to dispute is that the earth global temperatures are no where near the any of the prediction models - none of them. That information alone makes me suspect of the entire "science". Pulling a single predictor - CO2 - and trying to make a case for causality in a system with so many constantly changing variables seems to me faulty from the start.

Hush, you!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    On the rudeness issue, I was expanding this to non-climate science blogs too. It just seems "scientists", at least a large number of them, are far more rude now than they were just a couple decades ago.

Well, I was pretty sure all ice was fresh water - we were taught that in SERE, plus it didn't seem possible for it to be retained in a crystalline structure. So, then, during the freezing process in fall wouldn't there be far more salt water being frozen than fresh water, thus RAISING the salinity of the water around Antarctica's land mass if affecting it at all? Either way, now I know for sure ice around salt water is fresh and I can melt it (in the absence of fresh water) and drink it if need be - that's a cool thing to know.

Watched your rhino video, the one killing "black death". That's one ballsy buff, but definitely out of his weight class. LOL.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You are correct. As water freezes, the various non-water species are pushed out of the forming crystalline structure, leaving the dissolved salts behind in the remaining liquid. In fact, freezing is a known way to desalinate sea water. I've seen an experimental desalination setup (years ago) that used a firehose to spray sea water into the air in very cold weather, resulting in ice (frozen fresh water) landing in a pile. It was kind of like using a snow-making machine to desalinate sea water.

Interesting. I was not aware of this. Figured ice water could freeze as a mixture. Pray tell... Where does the salt end up in this spraying scenario?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    On the rudeness issue, I was expanding this to non-climate science blogs too. It just seems "scientists", at least a large number of them, are far more rude now than they were just a couple decades ago.

Well, I was pretty sure all ice was fresh water - we were taught that in SERE, plus it didn't seem possible for it to be retained in a crystalline structure. So, then, during the freezing process in fall wouldn't there be far more salt water being frozen than fresh water, thus RAISING the salinity of the water around Antarctica's land mass if affecting it at all? Either way, now I know for sure ice around salt water is fresh and I can melt it (in the absence of fresh water) and drink it if need be - that's a cool thing to know.

Watched your rhino video, the one killing "black death". That's one ballsy buff, but definitely out of his weight class. LOL.

Mess with the rhino, you get the horn. Even if you have two of your own!

Interesting. I was not aware of this. Figured ice water could freeze as a mixture. Pray tell... Where does the salt end up in this spraying scenario?

That's a good question!

When salt water freezes, the remaining liquid retains the non-H20 species and becomes more and more concentrated until it becomes saturated and the ionic species form precipitates.

In the case of the sprayer . . . hmmm . . . my guess is (and I don't remember any details) is that some liquid falls with the ice crystals. After a while you'd have a bunch of ice floating on top of some very salty water.

Hopefully chipbennett or someone else who remembers their physical chemistry better than I do will chime-in!

Top Bottom