Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hence "Climate Change" - you get to take credit no matter what.

psych.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So. The blizzard was because of global warming and the lack of a blizzard was because of global warming. Gotcha...

Why, yes. Or have the predictions from a few years ago of reduced snowfall due to Global Warming been memory-holed already, now that we've had not only trending increases in snowfall, but record snowfall/coverage?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If I may dare to be serious for a moment, I maintain that someone with a legitimate degree in electrical engineering (or any engineering or physical science discipline) is more qualified to study and interpret data and analysis of weather and climate that are many of the people considered to be "experts" in the field. They have demonstrated a strong foundation in mathematics, physical sciences, statistics, and data analysis that is clearly lacking among a significant number of those who purport to "study" climate change.

I can't help but note that quite a few of the people posting in this thread are names that I recognize as fellow RHIT grads from the thread about the end of the rifle team. Funny that an engineering school produces so many people that are "anti-science" according to the left.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can't help but note that quite a few of the people posting in this thread are names that I recognize as fellow RHIT grads from the thread about the end of the rifle team. Funny that an engineering school produces so many people that are "anti-science" according to the left.

You are correct, sir!

Recently, in life outside of INGO, a rather unpleasant individual referred to me as a "science denier" and stated that I do not understand science because I would not accept his socio-political assertions as verifiable scientific fact. I dared to ask for . . . evidence.

I was both irritated and amused at the same time.

Sadly, based on what I've seen in recent issues of the alumni magazine (i.e. my quarterly notice reminding of my failure), I believe that the socio-political religion that propels this movement has affected more than few current students and faculty members at RHIT.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Sad but true rhino - RHIT, bastion of reason, thought and the scientific method, is also falling to the common academic world view on all fronts. The president of the university and the AD are unilaterally shutting down the rifle team - blaming the NCAA for nonexistent rules changes - but we all know the real reason: firearms are evil.

I deal with the politics of science every day, it's my job. It sounds trite, but always follow the money and you'll usually find your answer.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Religion is a tricky and powerful tool that can be wielded responsibly or, incredibly irresponsibly.

Just read an article where an accountant named Paul Homewood decided to look at some of the data. His analysis of Paraguay shows that all 6 sites were adjusted so down (cooler) during early years and up (higher) in recent years than what the raw data says. He spends a lot of time taking in GISS data and seeing how they often don't match what the scientists are saying about them.

Here is an example (original article here):
    slnpde.gif

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If the earth IS warming it's because of all these gas-bags continually blowing a bunch of hot air about global warming.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No,but it is probably just about time for another name change.

I think it needs to be more ominous. Global warming sounds kinda pleasant. Climate change sounds kinda neutral. Climate disruption sounds incomplete. It needs to sound more like it's a dire warning of the looming catastrophe. How about Global thermal Apocalypse?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's not a scandle until enough people care about it. Global warming gives people an easy morally superior conscience. Buy a Prius, Pay a little more for recycling. Buy a tee shirt that demonstrates your environmental goodness. There. Done. Moral superiority without having to give up any vices.

You make good sense. This suggests that preparing for the future with food, water, supplies, investments, etc. should be shifted to carbon credits because the latter hold so much more value!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    People need to be lied to in able to get this important legislation passed..... think of the children!

Jonathan Gruber likes the approach his colleges have taken with global warming data.

jonathan-gruber.jpg

Top Bottom