Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Alright, so if this is the "better" graph....

UAH-July-2014.png

I still only see about a .3C rise over 35 years IF it's linear. Not everything is linear nor is everything a correlation. If 95% confidence bands were added to even a linear regression all of this would be statistically NOISE. Conclusion: Tweak the Y-Axis knob - you're looking too closely.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Man can't do anything about natural variation of the climate, because man has zero controls over the primary influencers: the amount of energy coming from the sun, and the water feedback system that drives the earth's climate.

Wait! You mean that human activity does not control cloud formation & precipitation cycles?

SHOCKING!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah. Exactly. You make all sorts of assertions but can't back them up.

I could sit here and figure out all the calculations, but it would take me some serious time.

MY ASSERTION is that you can't even understand the basics of the science that go into understanding the topic of global warming, and I stand firmly behind that.

If you think I'm wrong, then I am willing to bet a very sizable chunk of coin that you can't sit down and prove you know even the basic, high school level science.

Your false assumption is that you know anything about anyone commenting here, or our various levels or types of education. Further, your false assumption is that we give to craps about your algebra test.

You ARE wrong, but I couldn't care less about proving you wrong in your ad hominem, condescension, or appeal to authority.

As far as I'm concerned, you can go on believing that something that has gone from 0.0003 to 0.0004 mole fraction of the atmosphere drives variations in the climate, when climate variations an order of magnitude greater that what we have currently observed happened when that same molecule was 0.0002 (or less) of the atmosphere.

(I still need to read ahead, to see if you've beclowned yourself by mentioning "consensus"...)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Your false assumption is that you know anything about anyone commenting here, or our various levels or types of education. Further, your false assumption is that we give to craps about your algebra test.

You ARE wrong, but I couldn't care less about proving you wrong in your ad hominem, condescension, or appeal to authority.

As far as I'm concerned, you can go on believing that something that has gone from 0.0003 to 0.0004 mole fraction of the atmosphere drives variations in the climate, when climate variations an order of magnitude greater that what we have currently observed happened when that same molecule was 0.0002 (or less) of the atmosphere.

(I still need to read ahead, to see if you've beclowned yourself by mentioning "consensus"...)

Chip - Chip - CHIP!

We've moved on from there. He's an idiot pretending to be smart. He's a troll, he doesn't want to talk real science.

You're an engineer man - if he'd answer or come back I'd turn you loose on him, but he's gone now. He won't be back. We've tried everything to get him to reengage. He's too easy man. To quote that great philosopher Glenn Campbell from one of the greatest movies EVER - True Grit - "You've done nothing when you've bested a fool".

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I meant no offense to IU in general - lotta good science goes on there. My intent was to point out that Mr. Mullet is more likely a liberal arts elitist chiming in on a subject which he is not nor ever will be qualified to comment.
    Nor, indeed, did I take it as such. I was merely referring to physical proximity of both MAMA and myself to the environment which you painted in such vivid language.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Nor, indeed, did I take it as such. I was merely referring to physical proximity of both MAMA and myself to the environment which you painted in such vivid language.

Haha. You are indeed classy CIB - I like you!

I've done everything but kick this kid in the veggies - he won't reengage. Did I spell reengage correctly? Engineer = spell stupid.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Alright, so if this is the "better" graph....

UAH-July-2014.png

I still only see about a .3C rise over 35 years IF it's linear. Not everything is linear nor is everything a correlation. If 95% confidence bands were added to even a linear regression all of this would be statistically NOISE. Conclusion: Tweak the Y-Axis knob - you're looking too closely.

I'll ask again: what's so magical about 1979? The satellite record goes back farther than that. (1969, IIRC?)

It couldn't possibly be that 1979 was a cyclical low, used intentionally to skew all trends that use it as a baseline.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Madam, I believe you have coined an excellent appellation for the no longer present irritant and True Believer in the Holy Religion of Man Bad, Nature Good: MAMA

Kudos! KUDOS.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Chip - Chip - CHIP!

We've moved on from there. He's an idiot pretending to be smart. He's a troll, he doesn't want to talk real science.

You're an engineer man - if he'd answer or come back I'd turn you loose on him, but he's gone now. He won't be back. We've tried everything to get him to reengage. He's too easy man. To quote that great philosopher Glenn Campbell from one of the greatest movies EVER - True Grit - "You've done nothing when you've bested a fool".

Sorry; I'm almost caught up. I'll try not to necro-quote the trolls who have already ragequit. :)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'll ask again: what's so magical about 1979? The satellite record goes back farther than that. (1969, IIRC?)

It couldn't possibly be that 1979 was a cyclical low, used intentionally to skew all trends that use it as a baseline.

I posted it somewhere in the pages before this one. Yes - you nailed it and purple is indeed appreciated. 1979 was a very cold year - very high sea ice - blah, blah, blah. Makes a good starting point if your intention is to be looking UP.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have a Master's degree in Environment Science (Concentraion: Applied Ecology) from Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs. If anyone can understand it, I can. Have at it, sport!

Really? Cool. I didn't know that. My degree is in Biology. I don't get to use it much, but it makes these threads more interesting (or, in this case, bearable).

Of course, my degree is from Purdue, so is superior. :cool:

I'm just a ChemE. And I went to some po-dunk school in the Armpit of Indiana, Terre Haute. (No offense to the locals; but that smell, in August... I can't even.)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'm just a ChemE. And I went to some po-dunk school in the Armpit of Indiana, Terre Haute. (No offense to the locals; but that smell, in August... I can't even.)

HA! Could be the same school where my son is now a Junior and YES he'd agree with you. Dear old Rose.

I'm below you all, EE from Speed Scientific School of University of Louisville, MSEM from Rose. I'm a hybrid. A freaking HYBRID MAN.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    HA! Could be the same school where my son is now a Junior and YES he'd agree with you. Dear old Rose.

I'm below you all, EE from Speed Scientific School of University of Louisville, MSEM from Rose. I'm a hybrid. A freaking HYBRID MAN.

You too??? And your son??

Stinky stinky stinky!

Top Bottom