Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Now its "extreme weather events caused by climate change". They've nailed it down now so that no matter what happens, the "weather event" will be said to be from climate change. its perfect now, everything is climate change, and you cant go against it by saying its cold during global warming or warm during global cooling, or no hurricanes in a long time cuz of global warming.....no hurricanes is an "weather event" thats not normal, so now either way, they've won the argument. Hurricane? CLIMATE CHANGE!!! No hurricanes for a while??? CLIMATE CHANGE!!! and the morons will believe every word cuz a guy in a lab coat stands up there and says so. amazing

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I heard someone say it on talk radio today and it echoed what I've been thinking: After all the lies, deception and obfuscation surrounding all these causes, why would ANYONE be expected to believe a word any of these fanatics has to say? The issue stated is never the actual goal being pursued. At this point I wouldn't believe someone telling me the sky was falling if pieces of it were raining down on my head.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I heard someone say it on talk radio today and it echoed what I've been thinking: After all the lies, deception and obfuscation surrounding all these causes, why would ANYONE be expected to believe a word any of these fanatics has to say? The issue stated is never the actual goal being pursued. At this point I wouldn't believe someone telling me the sky was falling if pieces of it were raining down on my head.

Chicken little.....:):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

And yet, if you sampled 1000 US residents at random, I would be surprised if less than 600 believed with certainty that human activity is primarily responsible for every change in climate. Just. Because. They. Keep. Hearing. And Reading. That the "science is settled."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ah, the sun.

Fusion reactions at their finest! Woo-hoo! I am pro-sun!

Well, unless we were a little closer, like Mercury (those poor saps) or even Venus (I hate those guys anyway; Venusians are di**s). Then I'd be like, "Yo, Sun! Why you gotta be all, like, incinerating us and sh** all the time, dude?! What did we do to you?"

As the realtors always say, it's all about location, location, location.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ah, the sun.

Fusion reactions at their finest! Woo-hoo! I am pro-sun!

Well, unless we were a little closer, like Mercury (those poor saps) or even Venus (I hate those guys anyway; Venusians are di**s). Then I'd be like, "Yo, Sun! Why you gotta be all, like, incinerating us and sh** all the time, dude?! What did we do to you?"

As the realtors always say, it's all about location, location, location.

Like I always say, 'Global Warming, where would we be without it?'

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    News from The Associated Press

World's largest solar plant flops? Needs to ask for 60% more natural gas to meet production? Whodda thunk?
    :):

"Operators initially expected to need steam from gas-powered boilers for an hour a day during startup. After operations began, they found they needed to keep boilers running more than four times longer - an average of 4 1/2 hours a day. State energy regulators in August approved the plant's request to increase the natural gas it is allowed to burn by 60 percent. Additional natural gas could also be needed to operate boilers when clouds thicken or to maintain output at the end of the day and extend the capability for power production, the company said."

Actually there were a lot of really smart people saying this would happen before the project was approved, funded and federally subsidized. Solar Thermal is a tough nut to crack in the actual application. I like the fact no one seemed concerned that the Mojave' desert would make the mirrors dirty. Who saw that coming? Hahaha.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are they using gas to fire boilers instead of using gas turbines because the steam turbines have a longer lifespan when run continuously?

Top Bottom