• ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Muzzle loaders

I hadn't really considered that. Do they tend to be very expensive?
    I have seen some 50 caliber muzzle loading rifles on here go cheap....maybe around $100.00. for real nice ones.
    I haven't noticed any pistols on here....but I may have not paid attention.
    :patriot:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I have seen some 50 caliber muzzle loading rifles on here go cheap....maybe around $100.00. for real nice ones.
    I haven't noticed any pistols on here....but I may have not paid attention.
    :patriot:
    What kind of distance and accuracy can you expect from such a weapon?

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I never tested the pistol for accuracy....just shot gallon paint cans at about 40 feet. With the rifle I could hit a 6" steel plate at 100 yds. I don't know if that is good or not. I imagine there are some black powder shooters on INGO that know more about it than me. When shooting the rifle it was like a M-80 going off.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So who sells strike-anywhere matches (locally)?

:hijack:

Seriously I've had my eyes open for years.

Last edited:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    What does using those reloaded primers do to chamber pressure?
    Great news. I found a guy who has been playing with making his own gunpowder, and has ordered a pressure tester. My project is not at the top of his list, but he is willing to test them for me when he gets a chance.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    pressure

I have a old copper crusher type pressure test rifle If I remember right, I put it up and don't remember if I got rid of it or not.. If I still do, I think it is chambered in 7.62 nato one of the Chilean M95's outfitted with this device to test pressures before they converted a bunch of the m95's to 7.62.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Even if you were bashing Hi Points, it's all in good fun right? If I spent $700 on a weapon, because I wanted the quality. I might hassle a buddy who spent less than $200 on his, just a little.

like em all you want...but everytime I see your avatar it makes me cringe..please take your finger off that trigger!;)
    other than that...thanks for the vidoes! very interesting.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    like em all you want...but everytime I see your avatar it makes me cringe..please take your finger off that trigger!;)
    other than that...thanks for the vidoes! very interesting.
    Somebody pointed that out to me quite some time ago. You do realize that is a still photo, don't you? :D

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Off camera he's pointing at a target...so it's ok.

Interesting post, a very low tech solution as primers are one of the more "industrial" parts of the reloading process. As to hoarding matches, I'm sure that I have a few boxes of those sitting around, I've always loved them...most country stores should have them.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    Any Photoshop Experts?

Someone who is more graphically inclined than I am needs to Photo Shop Delmar's finger OFF the trigger. And if you have a sense of humor, photoshop that Hi-Point into a glock. Then just sit back and :popcorn: .

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Great news. I found a guy who has been playing with making his own gunpowder, and has ordered a pressure tester. My project is not at the top of his list, but he is willing to test them for me when he gets a chance.

That would be fantastic. I'm really curious what the results would be, not only as to peak pressure but also what the pressure curve looks like.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Someone who is more graphically inclined than I am needs to Photo Shop Delmar's finger OFF the trigger. And if you have a sense of humor, photoshop that Hi-Point into a glock. Then just sit back and :popcorn: .
    No way anybody that knows what a cheapskate I am will believe I bought a glock :D But if it bothers you so bad I do have another photo that my wife took of me after I learned how foolish it is to have your finger on the trigger. I'll see if I can find it.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    No way anybody that knows what a cheapskate I am will believe I bought a glock :D But if it bothers you so bad I do have another photo that my wife took of me after I learned how foolish it is to have your finger on the trigger. I'll see if I can find it.

Delmar,

I have to say, your primer reloading is great. Can you please explain the principle behind how the primer ignites from the firing pin strike. You explain that you dont want any of the white phosphorus in the mix. So if that were the case then what is causing the rest of the match head mix to ignite? I, as of yet, have no need to worry about primers as I have in the range of 100K of the damn things, BUT, one day there is a good possibility of needing a viable alternative.

INGunGuy

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Have you tried folding the paper then doing the smashing and twisting to prevent it from sticking to the hammer and having to get your fingers in it?

Top Bottom