• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I find it interesting that you can be ejected for the manager suspecting you may be armed.

You could be stopped at the door if they see an NRA logo on your hat.

They could refuse you your coffee at the drive-up window if you had a pro gun bumper sticker or if they suspected you did.

Since only protected class people can claim discrimination, they could just put a "No Gunowners Allowed" sign on the door.

Whatever happened to all those INGO people who say businesses should be able to decide what customers they want to serve and what customers they want to eject? Don't you believe that the government should have no say in the private policies of businesses? If they want to refuse to serve minorities, gays, Black Panthers, Nazis, etc., isn't it their business? We've gotta be consistent!

Nothing happened to them; I'm one of them.
    If the local coffee shop, restaurant, barber shop, or whatever tells me they don't want gun-owners, Caucasians, Chevy-drivers, or guys over fifty as customers, I won't go there.

And, if they want to refuse me service because they suspect I might be one of "those people," I will consider them bigoted fools and go elsewhere.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    TRUTH! MUUUUCH smoother than SB. At SB I have to get something girly since they over-roast their beans.

I take my DD with cream and sugar. Nothing fancy. To make straight coffee from SB palitable requires excess cream, carmel sauce, whipped cream, lots of sugar, etc. therefore its really not coffee anymore.

The only non fancy drink that doesn't taste like char is an Americano. It's pretty good and cheaper than the fancies. I still go to DD though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Argh. OK, I'm sorry but...

I'm calling Bravo Sierra. I have trouble believing this actually happened as described....

I kind of have the same feeling, but you never know. I would add this caveat, it sounds more personal than "anti-gun". I find it difficult to believe that, without seeing the gun, anyone would think: "oh that guy had a gun a few weeks ago....I'll go confront him." I find it easier to believe that a person would use the gun policy (misinterpreted) to get rid of someone they don't personally like for some reason. Like I said, just a feeling.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    On a special request, I repaired a friend's refrigerated wine cooler.(glass door display). He paid me and then gave me an envelope with 2 Free Starbucks Coffee Coupons. After reading the fiasco about the CCW/ OCW, I tossed them in the trash. Now on hindsight, should have driven to the ghetto, and gave them away to an uninvited gangland member to use. Didn't want to get carjacked.... Maybe Starbucks would enjoy the visit from him? Since they don't have any protection, or allow CCW/OCW, the manager can wait on "Homey" herself.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Unfortunately my wife likes Starbucks, at least until today. This morning I reluctantly went to Starbucks CC'ing my Glock 19 with my wife. I had been in this store many time before both OC and CC. We walked in the store and while waiting in line the manager walked up to me and asked me to leave. I asked her why, she stated that she knows that I have carried in the past and per Starbucks new policy anyone carrying a firearm is prohibited from being on store property. I asked if the ban policy was new since Mr. Schultz stated that he was just asking that weapons not be brought in the store but did not out right ban weapons. She stated that they were instructed to not allow anyone including Law Enforcement in the store if anyone knew or had a suspicion the person was carrying a weapon, regardless whether OC or CC. My wife stated in a not so normal volume voice, that since she will not the customers to be protected from bad guys, especially in this neighborhood, she will not be back and that she should inform the customers that they are now in a gun free zone. just like the schools. The manager told us to never come back or we would be arrested. My wife stated how you going to do that since you don't allow LEOS in the store.

Interesting.

So this happened on Friday or Saturday 11-15/16 on Pendalton Pike?

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I kind of have the same feeling, but you never know. I would add this caveat, it sounds more personal than "anti-gun". I find it difficult to believe that, without seeing the gun, anyone would think: "oh that guy had a gun a few weeks ago....I'll go confront him." I find it easier to believe that a person would use the gun policy (misinterpreted) to get rid of someone they don't personally like for some reason. Like I said, just a feeling.

Ok, for all you non-believers and those with a feeling. I know the manager personally and have OC'd and CC'd there many times with no problem. she knows I carry all the time when I'm not at work. I have also been to her house with no problem, so this is not a personal issue or a guess on her part that I was carrying. My wife got a little heated but later got over it and called her to apologize. But, the fact still remains she had stated that was the policy regardless of what the letter stated and she was just relating the information she had received the week before.

Yes, tcecil88, the same one across from where the shooting took place.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ok, for all you non-believers and those with a feeling. I know the manager personally and have OC'd and CC'd there many times with no problem. she knows I carry all the time when I'm not at work. I have also been to her house with no problem, so this is not a personal issue or a guess on her part that I was carrying. My wife got a little heated but later got over it and called her to apologize. But, the fact still remains she had stated that was the policy regardless of what the letter stated and she was just relating the information she had received the week before.

WTH?
    so, this whole thread has been a joke?

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

well now it's a whole different scenario. The words I want to use are banned here.....

Top Bottom