• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I can't take it anymore, and just MUST chime in on this controversy!

I love Long's doughnuts, but I find Dunkin Doughnuts to be every bit as good, if not better.

There. I said it. I hope I didn't offend anyone too badly!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I love Long's doughnuts, but I find Dunkin Doughnuts to be every bit as good, if not better.

Love what you will....eat what you love......Some of the DD stuff is OK but Longs wins with the yeast and Apple fritters...hands down.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    duty_calls.png

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not to stir up a lot of nonsense here...but...I've been watching and reading this thread for the past few days with great interest.

OP - Either you are talking about a different Starbucks or you are completely full of crap and really should be ashamed of starting this thread. But since you clearly stated in another post:

I think you are the latter.

The manager of that store - and the only female manager they have there currently - is the wife of one of my long time friends and colleagues and I've known both of them for almost 30 years. H (to use only the first initial of her name) has worked for Starbucks at that location for over 5 years and you stated that you talked to her in your post.

That would have been rather difficult since she has not been at work for going on 2 weeks due to a recent surgery and she certainly wasn't working at the time you claim that this happened.

Furthermore, she tells me that they are completely ambivalent to anyone carrying, open or concealed, unless you come in and start handling a firearm in a dangerous manner or do something else completely stupid. And so far as the police not being welcome there, she says they serve police from IMPD, Lawrence, Marion County and State and other departments all the time and have zero issues with them coming into the store.

You just got OWNED!

Considering he is a gun guy I will have to ask. I CC there every visit. Never asked him.

In the hood on west 16th where the original store is I am not sure they would appreciate an AR slung on the shoulder......The woman would most likely freak out.........:):

Let me know when you go again, my girlfriend lives on Sheffield over there. :D

BLASPHEMY!
    :): I love that one.
    Color me....not surprised.

Is that kind of a pinkish shade? I mean "rose?"
    We need an INGO get-together at Longs.

IN!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Interesting. Werent they one of the feel-good companies several years ago that made big announcements that they were starting to buy local when they could? If so, looks like another one of their "on paper only" policies. I recall several big box companies that stated they were doing that to help be good neighbors.

All I can testify to was my experience. I went in and showed the GM how good/effective my services were and he was very excited. Fast forward 6 months and on my monthly follow up, he said that no funds will be made available to clean their floors. He actually got a little testy about it too. While I am confident that it was not his fault, it was clear that his Regional Manager is controlling the purse strings.

From my experience, General Managers are nothing more than glorified babysitters with little to no real decision making power. Just try getting a Regional or District Manager on the phone too. Not only do they not actually answer their phone, but they don't return calls--even if it's just to say they aren't interested. That, in and of itself is just rude.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All I can testify to was my experience. I went in and showed the GM how good/effective my services were and he was very excited. Fast forward 6 months and on my monthly follow up, he said that no funds will be made available to clean their floors. He actually got a little testy about it too. While I am confident that it was not his fault, it was clear that his Regional Manager is controlling the purse strings.

From my experience, General Managers are nothing more than glorified babysitters with little to no real decision making power. Just try getting a Regional or District Manager on the phone too. Not only do they not actually answer their phone, but they don't return calls--even if it's just to say they aren't interested. That, in and of itself is just rude.

Your services would be dipping into the regional managers bonus check. The way of business in this new age.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Imagine you own a family restaurant. Your specialty is tenderloins the size of manhole covers (this is, afterall, Indiana). A small percentage of your customers are wearing t-shirts with rainbow logos and a few of the ladies are kind of brawny and have their hair cut a little short but, hey, they're friendly, good tippers, the guys are just FABULOUS dressers and the ladies help you lug out the 5 gallon buckets of used oil from the grill. A local reporter interviews you about your restaurant and asks about your policy on serving gays. You tell her you don't care one way or the other - you just serve food. A local gay internet forum picks up on this and decides since your restaurant is so supportive of their cause they're going to support you back. The men start showing up in leather chaps and dog collars and making out in the booths. The ladies have a Friday night car show in your parking lot, filling it with Suburus. Your regular customers with small children start to complain. It's not that they're anti-gay, they just want to eat without the provocative show. They came for the manhole cover sized tenderloins, not political theater. You finally have to put a sign on the door saying "no assless chaps" and asking the ladies not to wear tank tops if they aren't going to shave their arm pits. The local gay forum explodes with vitriol about what a bigotted homophobe you are. People who open carried long guns to Starbucks are like the militant queers of our cause.

Assless chaps would be a health violation, no? Kinda like no shirt no shoes no service? Its a nice analogy except I have a legal reason to ban assless chaps.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Your services would be dipping into the regional managers bonus check. The way of business in this new age.

YUUUUP!!! <in his best Dave Hester voice>

In fact, I have people coming to me asking if I have talked with them at "X restaurant" because their floors/bathrooms are nasty. All I can say is "Call corporate"

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    My brother does a damn good job cleaning and waxing floors. We stopped in at our favorite chinese restaurant for dinner one night, and he asked about cleaning and waxing the floors. He was told that it costs money, and he could mop them for free. (Owner, not my brother)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    My brother does a damn good job cleaning and waxing floors. We stopped in at our favorite chinese restaurant for dinner one night, and he asked about cleaning and waxing the floors. He was told that it costs money, and he could mop them for free. (Owner, not my brother)

I deep clean tile/grout and other types of hard surfaces Scout. Unless someone is using an extraction machine, they aren't going to get it really clean. All mop & bucket cleaning does is push stuff around. I do VCT also as well. Most folk in the restaurant industry haven't a clue the mold, mildew, food particles, etc that live in their grout lines and on their floors.

Heck, we have a pizza place here in town that didn't have their floors deep cleaned after the flood a few years back. The manager who worked there at the time told me this. Do you know what is in most flood water? Yup, fecal material. I hear they got written up here recently by the BOH. :rockwoot:I tell people all the time, if you see a nasty floor-----tell the GM & CALL CORPORATE!

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    So we have gone from indignation on how our fellow INGO'er was treated, to that INGO'ers story is full of poop, to advice on cleaning floors.

Yeah I think this thread is done.

Top Bottom