• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    DITTO And I'm looking forward to trying 5 Guys for their hamburgers too. They just opened up, directly across 41 from China Buffet.

OMG 5guys Burger with jalapenos, bacon and grilled onions is sooooooo good. And make sure to ask them to put the seasoning on the fries.

That place is highly addictive however my budget and weightloss plan keep me from eating there more than once a month.

About RedRobin, SCREW THAT PLACE! My dad has a liver condition that before they figured out what it was caused him to get to almost 375 pounds at 5'11" (within 3 months of finding the issue and getting him on meds he was back down under 300 and is continuing to drop back to normal weights).

Well anyway, one day myself, my wife, my Father and about 5 of my aunts/uncles/cousins went to the RR near the Hamilton County IMAX and they refused to re-seat us at a table where he could fit (They tried to stick us in a big corner booth....8 people....1 corner roundabout booth). He couldn't even squeeze into the booth at all. I was actually a tight fit and I wear a size 38 waist pant (I would actually be something like a 36 but I carry a G22+Spare mag in an Uncle Mikes IWB ).

I don't think my Father has ever been so publicly humiliated in my life and it made me so angry at how the employees spoke to us regarding the matter that not only can I personally guarantee you I will not EVER be spending a nickle in any of their restaurants but all that was holding me back from cursing the guy out six ways from Sunday is the fact that a large scale incident would have only made my Father feel worse about the situation.

FK Red Robin staff that was working @ Hamilton shopping center location that day. As a former INGO'r said "I hope you fking choke" *on your RR burger*

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I don't think my Father has ever been so publicly humiliated in my life and it made me so angry at how the employees spoke to us regarding the matter that not only can I personally guarantee you I will not EVER be spending a nickle in any of their restaurants but all that was holding me back from cursing the guy out six ways from Sunday is the fact that a large scale incident would have only made my Father feel worse about the situation.

When MiniJet was enrolled in a private school in Columbia City, the "foreign language" being taught was Chinese.
    The language teacher was a fairly big guy, light skinned, blue eyes...not someone you'd expect to be fluent in Mandarin.
    Anyhow, the story he told once was about going into a little Chinese Buffet there in town, close to where hwy 30 and (I think) 9 intersect. He goes in, and while standing there for a sec, the employees are hollering back and forth at each other in Chinese...
    He turns around and says to them in their own language, "Now why would you say 'put this big fat man in the back?' That's very rude."
    I guess their expressions were pretty priceless.
    Too bad your dad couldn't have taken those snotty workers down a peg.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I don't think my Father has ever been so publicly humiliated in my life and it made me so angry at how the employees spoke to us regarding the matter

Make sure he avoids this place then. I hate to say it but large people are not very popular here and are humiliated quite often around this forum. More often than not, people tend to say things without thinking how their words effect the other person. Noone is perfect or better than others but there are those that like to think they are.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Make sure he avoids this place then. I hate to say it but large people are not very popular here and are humiliated quite often around this forum. More often than not, people tend to say things without thinking how their words effect the other person. Noone is perfect or better than others but there are those that like to think they are.

No one on the internet can humiliate him, internetter comments don't really matter to us, it was just the fact that our whole family had to pick another place to eat because of his (at the time) size. The fact that the people were jackbags at RR was just icing on the cake. They showed no tact nor empathy for our situation and just basically made him feel worse than he already did.

Personally I couldn't give less of a crap about what people on the internet think or say about him or myself for that matter. We do care about how we impact our families and what they (our family members) think about us.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I suspect the people at RR, even those higher up really don't care about the issue either way. I suspect it is more of a CYA policy to ease the minds of insurance providers. Example: safety tip darts and electronic dart boards in bars. Many bar owners cannot stand the electronic safety tip BS, but the insurance is more than double if they stand for what they believe and use steel tip darts w/bristle boards. They would simply not be able to stay in business.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Anything new about the going out to meet and eat? One of the guys I work with said the food at 5 guys burgers had plenty of great food and no frills, but didn't have a two wheel dolly to take you out to your car after eating all the food.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sorry chef larry I have dropped the ball on this sort of since the MEET & SHOOT is almost upon on and the MEET & EAT POC is on vacation right now.

I'm was talking amount the core unit of the NWI INGO group and told them that somewhere on the LAKE county side would be good since we have had 2 in PORTER county already this year and only 1 in LAKE. It would be best somewhere along the I-65 or US30/US41 area. I-65 near South Lake Mall has a ton of "chain" restaurants but we may run into the same issues.

A family member of mine mentioned Texas Corral on US-30 near the mall would be a good idea. I know they can host a large party (they have the room). But right now all of this is on the back burner until we get the MEET & SHOOT out of the way.

Off course if you would like to lead the charge I'm sure GhostofWinter's stomach would follow. :laugh: Heck I'm getting hungry already.

It's not that hard of a task.
    1) Find 3 locations that you like
    2) Call to see if they can hold a part of 15-20 on a SAT/SUN afternoon
    (Typically 1PM)
    3) Talk to the local manager about OC/CC and if they have an issue with it.
    (This one is up to you)
    4) Make a post with a poll so people can choose the location
    5) SPAM the NWI INGO social group
    6) Pay the tab for all that show. :D

We know that TGI Friday, Quaker Steak & Lube and Northwoods has NO issues with it. Round the Clock also has no issues I have seen OC there before.

Greenway84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I carry all over the place. some of which state no firearms, but then agin im in my security uniform. Most of the time people assume Im and officer. Which im not and dont claim to be, but this could be the reason they say nothing.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I saw a guy OC @ Red Robin @ Clay Terrace in Carmel last week. No one said a word and I don't think half the people even noticed. It was right @ lunch time.

We don't go in there on a regular basis but I've open carried in there more than once with ZERO issues.

Oh, and for the record, 5 guys burgers beats the hell our of RR's burgers:rockwoot:

Top Bottom