• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    From the posts in this thread, it seems several people have carried openly in the local RR's without issue. Now we have a manager that's apparently contacted corporate because of the actions of a single person that may well result in signs being posted in our local stores that otherwise wouldn't give a hoot.

I know the store in Valpo doesn't say anything about open carry from first hand experience. If I forced the issue by requesting a ruling from the local manager, one that previously ignored the practice, and that manager contacted corporate, given what we know now a place where I previously carried without issue is now off limits thanks to my actions.

See the difference?

Like you'd care a rat's ass if a sign was posted. If you're gonna try and justify beating up on people on the same team, you could have at least come up with a better excuse.

The only difference I see is how much more civil and polite this post is. Being right is not a license to be a dick.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i open carried in red robin in carmel tonight. no real strange looks and the manager and them said nothing.

on another note the service was horrible. man after 30 mins we finally got our water. then another 30 mins later they brought us out our food which was cold. we saw it sitting under the food lamps forever but what can you do. they finally got it together and brought us hot food that tasted good and decided to give us 50% off. still not satisfied really but i guess they tried. blah i won't be going back anytime soon

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    So is that it then? I see a lot of people in here who are just going to lay down when this happens. I am all for rights to property. PRIVATE property. Not public venue. If you want to have a place that has certain rules that deviate from law, start a private club. Don't open a restaurant or bar, or pub, or anything where people can just walk in off the streets and do business. IMHO once you open the doors to everyone, that is what you get. EVERYONE. You don't like blacks, whites, asians, mexicans, indians, gays, straights, republicans, democrats, libertarians, vegans, skaters, wannabe thugs, or anyone else who fits a specific stereotype, or lifestyle, or religion, or whatever; you picked the wrong field to work in. Stay at home. I will NEVER ask you for permission to do anything in a public place. As long as it is not against the law, I will do whatever the hell I want.
    /rant

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FINAL update from the RR manager and the POC on this topic before I stop reading all these posts and focus on a new place to have the event.
    ---
    Called the manager today and he apologized and said that they do in fact not allow and he had to follow policy. He was a nice guy and stated that he wishes that corporate would change their mind, and that he wished more people were armed as it would be a nicer thing to see. So yeah, looks like red robin is gone.
    ---

I don't recall who posted it but I do plan on making a copy of our bill (at wheverever else we hold the event) and sending it to RR corporate along with the local RR to inform them of the biz they lost from us as a group.

Just one final observation many of us have OC/CC into the local RRs and have not had an incident/issue by the RR personnel and I suspect it's becuase it's just 1 (maybe 2) people at most that are/is walking into a RR with guns a showing. However multiple that by a group of 20+ and the "OMG" factor goes up a lot more for those that are either on the fence on guns or gun scared.

Are you afraid of one thug looking at you or your lady while you are at wal-mart?
    Hum probably a little but you know you could handle it or run from it.

Now change the scenario and you have a group of 20+ thugs looking at you or your lady while you are at wal-mart? The situtation now changes right? Cause you can't realisticly fight all 20+ of them can you?

Same concept here with RR.

NWI INGO members be on the look out on the events thread for the offical post. We might go back to one of the places that we have done before that are OK with us but we are looking at a few other new options. Too early right now to be thinking of food.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So is that it then? I see a lot of people in here who are just going to lay down when this happens. I am all for rights to property. PRIVATE property. Not public venue. If you want to have a place that has certain rules that deviate from law, start a private club. Don't open a restaurant or bar, or pub, or anything where people can just walk in off the streets and do business. IMHO once you open the doors to everyone, that is what you get. EVERYONE. You don't like blacks, whites, asians, mexicans, indians, gays, straights, republicans, democrats, libertarians, vegans, skaters, wannabe thugs, or anyone else who fits a specific stereotype, or lifestyle, or religion, or whatever; you picked the wrong field to work in. Stay at home. I will NEVER ask you for permission to do anything in a public place. As long as it is not against the law, I will do whatever the hell I want.
    /rant
    Sorry, but it's still private property. Wishing that it wasn't doesn't make it so.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder how many corporations have the exact same policy buried in their regulations? To me it sound like a "canned" answer and provides limits of legal liability to the corporation. That the manager had no idea and had to go up the chain for info tells me that it was not a priority issue for RR management. My guess is that its a CYA clause.
    i.e. Nutjob shoots up a RR. Corp can say "We have a no weapons policy. We are not responsible." I would bet money that there have been lawsuits filed by victims of business shootings against the business itself, especially if that business has either a pro 2A or an indifferent stance.

Does anyone know of any instances of this happening?:dunno:

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first one that comes to mind may not fit the bill EXACTLY, but Lubys in TX is a good example of a LOT of things.

Yes, but that was a state law issue. Made me think of it a different way though.

Say you were injured in a mass shooting in an anti2A business. Could you sue the business for damages by claiming that the anti-2A/self-defense policy of said business created a victim zone endangering you and your family?:dunno: I would argue that by removing the right to self-defense the business is assuming responsibility for my safety while at the business.
    Thoughts?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Sorry, but it's still private property. Wishing that it wasn't doesn't make it so.

Not in any way in the sense you think it is.

Red Robbin is a corporation. Corporations are fictitious entities under the law. Corporations do not have any Rights. None what so ever. When a business incorporates it does so for certain protections and in order to get them, it relinquishes all it's Rights and get's afforded the protections it was after (for the owners) and certain privileges allowed under commerce laws.

Red Robbin is also a "public accommodation". That's why they can't say No blacks, No women, no XYZ or ABC.

Please don't confuse the Rights of an individual with the privileges given to corporations.

Personally, as long as we are going to play this legal bullcrap, we need to get the Right to self defense added to the long list of b.s. that public accommodations can't discriminate against.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I saw a guy OC @ Red Robin @ Clay Terrace in Carmel last week. No one said a word and I don't think half the people even noticed. It was right @ lunch time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh be nice people... remember we are all on the same side and I would not want the MOD to blast us with a LOCK on this colorful thread.

For now RR is out of the running for the next MEET & EAT. Personally I've already had my quote of RR burgers for the month and there are a slew of other places to eat with ya in the area. Perhaps even a local cook out. =)

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I will not go to Red Robin and give them my money and every time I hear their commercial, anybody I know will hear what I think of them. Heinz (John Kerry juice) ketchup was always my favorite too but You won't find it in my house. I woke up a few years ago and I just try my best not to pay people who don't like me.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I saw a guy OC at the Fort Wayne RR at Glenbrook mall with no issue.

Really? Huh.
    Because that's the side of the mall that has the "no weapons" sign posted at the entrance. Even if there's an alternate entrance to the restaurant, I'd still think it's on mall property.
    Not that I'm saying "don't carry at all"...more like "I'm surprised OCing didn't get nabbed".

Also, a little update about Glenbrook's sign...
    It used to only be posted at the main entrance (that faces Glenbrook Dodge), but last time I noticed it posted smaller at the hallway entrance just east of JC Penny's "back door".

Top Bottom