• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Anyone heard of this? Has it been posted yet?

Red Dawn Remake News | The Movie Blog
    We have a new news about the Red Dawn remake. We get the following scoop from our friends at ropeofsilicon:
    The Hollywood Reporter has a new article talking about how Dan Bradley (who?) will direct a remake of the 1984 flick Red Dawn. Carl Ellsworth has been hired to recraft the ultimate homeland invasion story about a new generation of besieged high schoolers.
    In terms of the new film, Ellsworth told THR, “The tone is going to be very intense, very much keeping in mind the post-9/11 world that we’re in. As ‘Red Dawn’ scared the heck out of people in 1984, we feel that the world is kind of already filled with a lot of paranoia and unease, so why not scare the hell out of people again?”
    If they are going to have a terrorist threat in place of a Soviet Invasion I’m curious why they want to remake this film at all. I would much prefer they stick to the original film, or make a different movie all together. I simply do not get “remakes” that change so much of the original, that barely any resemblance remains.
    I could be reading into the above quote too much; I do have an admitted “hate on” for remakes and would like to see this current trend go the way of the Dodo bird. I just hope this film will have the special spark of the original that caused it to be so endearing to many. If that happens, I will gladly eat my words; if not – I told you so.

Tom Cruise's son in "Red Dawn" remake - Yahoo! News
    LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Tom Cruise's son is among the newest Wolverines to join the remake of "Red Dawn," the 1984 action movie about a group of teenagers who form an insurgency when their town is invaded -- this time by Chinese and Russian soldiers.
    Connor Cruise, 14, will join fellow new recruits Josh Hutcherson, Isabel Lucas and Edwin Hodge in the MGM/UA project. Already cast are Chris Hemsworth, Josh Peck and Adrianne Palicki.
    Cruise is playing Daryl, the mayor's son and best friend of tech geek Robert (Hutcherson, in the role originated by C. Thomas Howell).
    Lucas is Erica, head cheerleader and the Peck character's girlfriend whom he desperately hopes to spring from an internment camp. Lea Thompson played the character in the original. Hodge will play Danny, the coolest kid in school and star wide receiver who helps establish the resistance.
    The young cast heads off in a few weeks for military training in an undisclosed location. Shooting will then begin in Detroit for a September 24, 2010 release. Dan Bradley is directing
    Cruise debuted in December as the young Will Smith character in "Seven Pounds." Hutcherson starred in "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and "Bridge to Terabithia." Lucas recently appeared in "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." Hodge has a recurring role on Fox's "Mental" and recently appeared in the feature "All the Boys Love Mandy Lane."
    (Editing by Dean Goodman at Reuters)

Red Dawn Remake Adds Four More To Its Cast - Screen Rant

Ellsworth Penning Red Dawn Remake - ComingSoon.net
    Ellsworth Penning Red Dawn Remake

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    July 9, 2008

Screenwriter Carl Ellsworth has been hired to rewrite MGM's Red Dawn, the ultimate homeland invasion story about a new generation of besieged high schoolers.

Dan Bradley, a second unit director and/or stunt coordinator on The Bourne Ultimatum, Spider-Man 3 and the forthcoming Quantum of Solace, will move into the director's chair for the update. Contrafilm's Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson will produce.

"The tone is going to be very intense, very much keeping in mind the post-9/11 world that we're in," says Ellsworth, "As 'Red Dawn' scared the heck out of people in 1984, we feel that the world is kind of already filled with a lot of paranoia and unease, so why not scare the hell out of people again?"

Ellsworth will be working from a story written by Jeremy Passmore. Vincent Newman (A Man Apart) is also acting in a producer capacity.

SOUNDS FREAKING AWESOME TO ME!!!!!!!!!

:patriot::ingo:
    :rockwoot:
    :ar15:
    beavisnbutthead-1.gif

emoticon-looney-toons-001.gif

emoticon-misc-027.gif

rockon-1.gif

smiley-bounce016.gif

smiley-bounce017.gif

Am I excited? Nah. It's just the remake of the ultimate SHTF movie EVA!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They are so going to screw this movie up....

That may be, but they're replacing the Ruskees with Terrorists, so it should be, at least, interesting.

Maybe had they replaced the Russians with Mexicans it'd been a bit more realistic.

I dunno. I guess we'll see....

I always said if anyone wanted to invade the USA, the Mexicans have the best chance of taking over....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Actually re-watch the original movie.

What you are calling Russians is actually Communist aligned Central Americans... If my memory is right...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That may be, but they're replacing the Ruskees with Terrorists, so it should be, at least, interesting.

From the second article you posted...

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Tom Cruise's son is among the newest Wolverines to join the remake of "Red Dawn," the 1984 action movie about a group of teenagers who form an insurgency when their town is invaded -- this time by Chinese and Russian soldiers.

What you are calling Russians is actually Communist aligned Central Americans... If my memory is right...

Your memory is half right; the invading force was a mix of honest-to-goodness Russian Commies attacking from the north, and their Cuban and Nicaraguan allies attacking from the south.

Col. Andy Tanner: [Describing the invasion] West Coast. East Coast. Down here is Mexico. First wave of the attack came in disguised as commercial charter flights same way they did in Afghanistan in '80. Only they were crack Airborne outfits. Now they took these passes in the Rockies.

Jed Eckert: So that's what hit Calumet.

Col. Andy Tanner: I guess so. They coordinated with selective nuke strikes and the missiles were a helluva lot more accurate than we thought. They took out the silos here in the Dakotas, key points of communication.

Darryl Bates: Like what?

Col. Andy Tanner: Oh, like Omaha, Washington, Kansas City.

Darryl Bates: Gone?

Col. Andy Tanner: Yeah. That's right. Infiltrators came up illegal from Mexico. Cubans mostly. They managed to infiltrate SAC bases in the Midwest, several down in Texas and wreaked a helluva lot of havoc, I'm here to tell you. They opened up the door down here, and the whole Cuban & Nicaraguan armies come walking right through, rolled right up here through the Great Plains.

Robert: How far did they get?

Col. Andy Tanner: Cheyenne, across to Kansas. We held them at the Rockies and the Mississippi. Anyway, the Russians reinforced with 60 divisions. Sent three whole army groups across the Bering Strait into Alaska, cut the pipeline, came across Canada to link up here in the middle, but we stopped their butt cold. The lines have pretty much stabilized now.

Robert: What about Europe?

Col. Andy Tanner: I guess they figured twice in one century was enough. They're sitting this one out. All except England, and they won't last very long.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Maybe had they replaced the Russians with Mexicans it'd been a bit more realistic.

I dunno. I guess we'll see....

I always said if anyone wanted to invade the USA, the Mexicans have the best chance of taking over....

HollyWood Elitists, will be defending against Patriotic Tea Party Activists ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Your memory is half right; the invading force was a mix of honest-to-goodness Russian Commies attacking from the north, and their Cuban and Nicaraguan allies attacking from the south.

Yeah what you said!

So what the original version is a little to close to the truth and now we need to shift focus? :):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    From the second article you posted...

From the first article posted.....

If they are going to have a terrorist threat in place of a Soviet Invasion I’m curious why they want to remake this film at all. I would much prefer they stick to the original film, or make a different movie all together.

So I took it as they are replacing the Russians. Who knows? :dunno:

HollyWood Elitists, will be defending against Patriotic Tea Party Activists ;)

Now THAT I would be more than happy to watch. Heck I'd be an Extra in that one! :D

Yeah what you said!

So what the original version is a little to close to the truth and now we need to shift focus? :):

That's right. Smoke and Mirrors. They don't want us to know they really plan on using UN troops instead of terrorists.

Oh wait, is there a difference? :dunno:

:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They better. Especially since they have that Hackjob's son staring in it... :rolleyes:

If he's anything like his daddy WAS, then we might be ok. If the new Tom Cruise has anything to do with the making of it, I won't get my hopes up.

The original was such a break from the mainstream hollyweird that they labeled anyone that had anything to do with it as radicals and conpiricy theory nuts. Even though it did set off some careers, most of the cast and crew figured they'd never work in hollyweird again after that movie.

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    heard about this movie a long while back..was wondering if it was ever going to happen..but I am guessing they will mess it up.

A friend of mine has been trying to make a Red Dawn PC game for years, but their lawyers are holding him back I guess. His guess is that some big group will make a vid game off of the new movie. Who knows.

Gooch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I won't go see it if they deviate too much from the original. Too good of a movie for a screwed up remake. Ditto to what everyone else has said as well.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Since hollywood cannot do anything creative any more and just remakes old movies, puts games to film, or goes live action with comic books, I have zero faith that they know how to do this movie well.

Top Bottom