• Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    When I can avoid thinking about his "Cop Killer" song, he's "meh"

I understand what you mean, but he wasn't talking about the good cops. I certainly don't agree with killing anyone, but young people tend to express themselves in inapropriate ways. I doubt he would release the same record now having the benefit of time, experience and maturity.

I recall Charleston Heston putting his career on the line over that song and getting it removed from the radio. He was right . . . accoording to his perspective, however, I believe if he had taken the time to sit down and talk to Ice-T about the record, he would have had a better understanding, even if he didn't agree with his tactics.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    On one hand, I hate hearing what celebrities have to say about firearms because most are uninformed, hollywood types that only know firearms from the movies they act in... on the other, you have guys like Ice-T who can just sit down, say something level-headed and resonable and then look completely dumbfounded that others can't understand such a basic basic concept. +1 to Ice-T

The look on his face after the comments he makes is just priceless. Like hes expecting the host to go "oh, holy crap you're right!" lol

fot7W.jpg

Last edited:

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    I like how he says the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is to protect ourselves against tyranny.

This is what I've been thinking lately. It seems like in all the debate over assault weapon bans that's popped up, people have tried so hard to remain politically correct that they're afraid to state the original purpose of the second amendment. Honestly, it's started to scare me. Are we losing faith in the security of our first amendment or just succumbing to the social pressure?

We should feel more than comfortable reminding people about the original purpose of the second amendment. It's written right into the framework of our government and so often we decline talking about it, for fear we look like 'nutjobs.' We hold the ultimate power check and not only a right - but a RESPONSIBILITY - to maintain enough force to effectively usurp our government if the need ever arises. We, as adequately armed citizens, the 'well-regulated militia,' are necessary to the security of a free state. Plain and simple.

It's great that we're on the winning side of things in the political gun battle, but I worry when we win our arguments on the idea of recreation. I can see our individual liberties as only a black and white issue, any compromise defeats the purpose. We should be proud to talk about what those old guys in the 1700's had the gusto to sign their name to. I find it so refreshing to hear someone, especially a celebrity, point this out. :patriot:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ice-T is one heck of a man. However, I want to keep my guns no matter what others may do.

I am too old to surrender now. Oh, and I won't surrender my firearms willingly nor peacefully.

The nice thing is, most Veterans of my Era feel just like me. What ever goes down, it will not be pretty, which I aint't anyway. :>)

God Bless Our Country and God Bless Our Vets,

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    WOW! Not what I was expecting from a Hollywood type at all. Going to put him on my list of guys I respect now.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    The good thing is that he was well spoken and went about it the correct way. The bad thing is that I have yet to see it on any of the news outlets I try to watch all the way through. I could have very possibly missed it because I can hardly stand to watch the news anymore. The actor/ actress community is typically known for being antigun but there are a few who are out there pulling for their right just like all the rest of us.
    I liked the comment saying he has been on both sides of guns. It is true he has been there and done that but probably doesn't have the t-shirt...LOL... I would say that if someone with his background knows how important it is to be able to defend yourself with a firearm then maybe his interview could help sway some others to our side.

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Piers Morgan had Micheal Moore on who said its been proven when you limit guns and ammo these type of incidents don't happen. He is such an idiot.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Piers Morgan had Micheal Moore on who said its been proven when you limit guns and ammo these type of incidents don't happen. He is such an idiot.
    I don't watch such contrarian drivel from the likes of Michael Moore but did he happen to supply any an hard evidence of his assertions?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Nerp! NOTHING. But even if he wanted to...he couldn't. Because it doesn't exist.

I have proof. In ancient Greece, before gun powder was invented, there were no mass shootings. No word on mass stabbings or any other crimes, BUT there were no mass shootings, or any shootings for that matter.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have proof. In ancient Greece, before gun powder was invented, there were no mass shootings. No word on mass stabbings or any other crimes, BUT there were no mass shootings, or any shootings for that matter.
    No blow darts? No arrows? (Aren't those considered "shots"?)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    No blow darts? No arrows? (Aren't those considered "shots"?)

That was how they lost Greece to the Romans, they believed distant weapons were somehow less manly. Well, and the Romans had better technology at the time, and better tactics, but it also helps to wipe out half the enemy before they get into sword range

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    The other day, I told my dad about this and I told him, " you need to check out what Ice t said in an inverview about the shootings and the second amendment" I pulled it up on Utube and as he was watching he said, Oh very good, yeh, and at the end he said, " well that guy is very versed when it comes to the second amendment" The he ask me, "show me this Ice T thing." lol

Top Bottom