• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Ice-T is right. When the government wants to enforce something...who do you think they are gonna send to your door? The police, that's who.

mrs.printcraft

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2012
    Anti gunners like to blame the actions of a disturbed individual on guns. Let's pretend he had no legal access to guns. Would it change anything? No. He planned a mass murder. With Google and store bought ingredients he could have made explosives, similar to what was found in his apartment. Had he done that, the death toll might have been much higher.

Yep, just look at the methods of violence in the UK and elsewhere.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Anti gunners like to blame the actions of a disturbed individual on guns. Let's pretend he had no legal access to guns. Would it change anything? No. He planned a mass murder. With Google and store bought ingredients he could have made explosives, similar to what was found in his apartment. Had he done that, the death toll might have been much higher.

I'll thank you to stop scapegoating explosives as an item worthy of regulation. It's that sort of jackass mentality that keeps people from being able to buy more than a pound of any given oxidizer per year. Some people like to make their own fireworks and remove their own tree stumps. Let's stop demonizing tools of all kinds and instead focus on the actual guilty parties.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I understand what you mean, but he wasn't talking about the good cops. I certainly don't agree with killing anyone, but young people tend to express themselves in inapropriate ways. I doubt he would release the same record now having the benefit of time, experience and maturity.

I recall Charleston Heston putting his career on the line over that song and getting it removed from the radio. He was right . . . accoording to his perspective, however, I believe if he had taken the time to sit down and talk to Ice-T about the record, he would have had a better understanding, even if he didn't agree with his tactics.

Who the **** is Charleston Heston?

It is also impossible to know a dead man's perspective.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Who the **** is Charleston Heston?

It is also impossible to know a dead man's perspective.

I'm not sure if you are drinking in front of your computer, but everyone doesn't appreciate being addressed with profanity. But to answer your questions:

Who is Charleston Heston?
    Charlton Heston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The way to know a dead man's perspective is to use Google.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lwNyCo7O8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lwNyCo7O8[/ame]

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

mrs.printcraft

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2012
    This is what I've been thinking lately. It seems like in all the debate over assault weapon bans that's popped up, people have tried so hard to remain politically correct that they're afraid to state the original purpose of the second amendment. Honestly, it's started to scare me. Are we losing faith in the security of our first amendment or just succumbing to the social pressure?

We should feel more than comfortable reminding people about the original purpose of the second amendment. It's written right into the framework of our government and so often we decline talking about it, for fear we look like 'nutjobs.' We hold the ultimate power check and not only a right - but a RESPONSIBILITY - to maintain enough force to effectively usurp our government if the need ever arises. We, as adequately armed citizens, the 'well-regulated militia,' are necessary to the security of a free state. Plain and simple.

It's great that we're on the winning side of things in the political gun battle, but I worry when we win our arguments on the idea of recreation. I can see our individual liberties as only a black and white issue, any compromise defeats the purpose. We should be proud to talk about what those old guys in the 1700's had the gusto to sign their name to. I find it so refreshing to hear someone, especially a celebrity, point this out. :patriot:

Amen, Brother! Let us not also forget that what we now lovingly refer to as the 2nd Amendment was originally offered as the 1st Amendment. Only after reasoned debate was a proposition advanced switching the two, which pointed out that if we as a people do not enjoy a right so basic as our own free speech - we need not concern ourselves with a right to bear arms (or any other rights, for that matter).

The founders carefully crafted the most magnificent government framework in the history of the WORLD, with its foundation in FREEDOM and its single goal of promoting Liberty and Justice for its citizens. It is and always was meant to be a beneficial symbiotic relationship. It is us as a people who have failed to live up to the duties we inherited through the privileges we enjoy.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I wonder who he votes for.

It isn't really relevant in this context, is it? I have 2 friends who are almost unbelievably lefist in their ideology, to the point one wonders if they understand what it is to be American at all. However, these two men ae both avid gun collectors, and stalwart supporters of the 2A. Of course, when we discuss socioeconomic policy, I want to strangle them.

:):

Top Bottom