• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    If you were behind me this close you would be going 20 mph under the speed limit. You are begging to have an accident when you drive like that. You are also putting other peoples lives at risk.

And you are not begging for an accident driving 20 under and jamming up traffic? See the above post about Indiana's laws on obstructing traffic. If you do cause an accident and hurt someone pulling a move like that, expect to be looked at for a felony.

I have never understood why people always want to be wannabe traffic wardens.

There are enough traffic cops out there. Life will go on just fine without every pissed off motorist taking it upon themself to mete out justice

Joe

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'll be sure to mention that to the Lt. from IMPD I had lunch with about 6 months or so ago. Maybe his car transformed during our lunch and then went back to being a crown vic right after. :dunno:

is it his personal car? Or is he with marion county? Seriously IMPD has never purchased any chargers.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Driving below the speed limit because you are ticked at the guy behind you is technically an A misdemeanor carrying up to a year in jail and 5K fine.

See also, Reckless Driving.

IC 9-21-8-52

Reckless driving; passing a school bus with extended stop arm; penalty; license suspension
    Sec. 52. (a) A person who operates a vehicle and who recklessly:
    (1) drives at such an unreasonably high rate of speed or at such an unreasonably low rate of speed under the circumstances as to:
    (A) endanger the safety or the property of others; or
    (B) block the proper flow of traffic;
    (2) passes another vehicle from the rear while on a slope or on a curve where vision is obstructed for a distance of less than five hundred (500) feet ahead;
    (3) drives in and out of a line of traffic, except as otherwise permitted; or
    (4) speeds up or refuses to give one-half (1/2) of the roadway to a driver overtaking and desiring to pass;
    commits a Class B misdemeanor.

See also, Agressive Driving.

IC 9-21-8-55

Aggressive driving
    Sec. 55. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement official engaged in the law enforcement official's official duties.
    (b) For purposes of this section, a person engages in aggressive driving if, during one (1) episode of continuous driving of a vehicle, the person does or commits at least three (3) of the following:
    (1) Following a vehicle too closely in violation of IC 9-21-8-14.
    (2) Unsafe operation of a vehicle in violation of IC 9-21-8-24.
    (3) Overtaking another vehicle on the right by driving off the roadway in violation of IC 9-21-8-6.
    (4) Unsafe stopping or slowing a vehicle in violation of IC 9-21-8-26.
    (5) Unnecessary sounding of the horn in violation of IC 9-19-5-2.
    (6) Failure to yield in violation of IC 9-21-8-29 through IC 9-21-8-34.
    (7) Failure to obey a traffic control device in violation of IC 9-21-8-41.
    (8) Driving at an unsafe speed in violation of IC 9-21-5.
    (9) Repeatedly flashing the vehicle's headlights.
    (c) A person who, with the intent to harass or intimidate a person in another vehicle, knowingly or intentionally engages in aggressive driving commits aggressive driving, a Class A misdemeanor, except as provided in IC 9-21-8-56(d), (f), (g), and (h).

If the police do this to you (it is a technique called "baiting"), do not take the bait. If they blow by you, smile and wave. If they drive into your backseat and tailgate you (attempting to initiate an infraction), maintain your speed and wave so they know that you see him and know what he is doing. If he pulls out in front of you looking to provoke a reaction, let off the throttle and let him pull ahead.

You can't win, so don't fight.:)

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    See also, Reckless Driving.

IC 9-21-8-52

Reckless driving; passing a school bus with extended stop arm; penalty; license suspension
    Sec. 52. (a) A person who operates a vehicle and who recklessly:
    (1) drives at such an unreasonably high rate of speed or at such an unreasonably low rate of speed under the circumstances as to:
    (A) endanger the safety or the property of others; or
    (B) block the proper flow of traffic;
    (2) passes another vehicle from the rear while on a slope or on a curve where vision is obstructed for a distance of less than five hundred (500) feet ahead;
    (3) drives in and out of a line of traffic, except as otherwise permitted; or
    (4) speeds up or refuses to give one-half (1/2) of the roadway to a driver overtaking and desiring to pass;
    commits a Class B misdemeanor.

See also, Agressive Driving.

IC 9-21-8-55

Aggressive driving
    Sec. 55. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement official engaged in the law enforcement official's official duties.
    (b) For purposes of this section, a person engages in aggressive driving if, during one (1) episode of continuous driving of a vehicle, the person does or commits at least three (3) of the following:
    (1) Following a vehicle too closely in violation of IC 9-21-8-14.
    (2) Unsafe operation of a vehicle in violation of IC 9-21-8-24.
    (3) Overtaking another vehicle on the right by driving off the roadway in violation of IC 9-21-8-6.
    (4) Unsafe stopping or slowing a vehicle in violation of IC 9-21-8-26.
    (5) Unnecessary sounding of the horn in violation of IC 9-19-5-2.
    (6) Failure to yield in violation of IC 9-21-8-29 through IC 9-21-8-34.
    (7) Failure to obey a traffic control device in violation of IC 9-21-8-41.
    (8) Driving at an unsafe speed in violation of IC 9-21-5.
    (9) Repeatedly flashing the vehicle's headlights.
    (c) A person who, with the intent to harass or intimidate a person in another vehicle, knowingly or intentionally engages in aggressive driving commits aggressive driving, a Class A misdemeanor, except as provided in IC 9-21-8-56(d), (f), (g), and (h).

If the police do this to you (it is a technique called "baiting"), do not take the bait. If they blow by you, smile and wave. If they drive into your backseat and tailgate you (attempting to initiate an infraction), maintain your speed and wave so they know that you see him and know what he is doing. If he pulls out in front of you looking to provoke a reaction, let off the throttle and let him pull ahead.

You can't win, so don't fight.:)

Finally something with everyone's interest in mind. Thank you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To quote the great legal philosopher Yoda, you must defeat Darth Vader*.:D

*You must defeat yourself and not lose control.

The police officer is attempting to goad you so they can take you to jail. Good lessons for drivers and gun owners. Don't lose control so you can end up in jail. You cannot win the fight when the cops do this to you so run away.:cool:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Really? The LT out at the garage hates them. He sees MCSD getting nickle and dimed with theirs and vowed we would never buy any. Hmmm.

This!! Dodge chargers are some major pos's. I hate them! The agency I work for hates them. Se have 10 of them and they are going to auction. They are hoping to get 1500.00 per for three year old piles of s--•

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I dont know why everyone likes the Dodge Charger. I dont even think they are that good looking, and they are typical Chrysler pieces of crap built by overpaid union crybabies.

SmallTownGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Roanoke
    You ought to check your ego PlinKing, if you take it upon yourself to initiate aggressive driving just because some prick upset you on the road, then you have bigger problems brewing as it is. Not trying to disrespect you but take my advice, it's so much easier and not to mention healthier to just be chill. Don't worry about it, he'd of been out of your hair quicker than it took to egg him on. It's drivers like you that got my Ford totaled in Fort Wayne, and when you're 20 years old trying to make it through college, the last thing in your budget is a vehicle. Thank god they had insurance though, at least I got something out of it. Seriously though, chill out and your problems will evaporate, some of them at least.

Landon500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anderson, In
    And you are not begging for an accident driving 20 under and jamming up traffic? See the above post about Indiana's laws on obstructing traffic. If you do cause an accident and hurt someone pulling a move like that, expect to be looked at for a felony.

I have never understood why people always want to be wannabe traffic wardens.

There are enough traffic cops out there. Life will go on just fine without every pissed off motorist taking it upon themself to mete out justice

Joe

When I slow down because some idiot doesn't like the speed i'm driving, it's because I would rather die at a slower rate of speed. WE ARE NOT ALL RACE CAR DRIVERS! The speed limit is the maximum, not the speed you should drive. If you don't like my speed,get in one of the other lanes. Do you tailgate and drive the speed limit with snow on the ground? Life is to short to be in such a hurry. Slow down and have fun.:)

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    When I slow down because some idiot doesn't like the speed i'm driving, it's because I would rather die at a slower rate of speed. WE ARE NOT ALL RACE CAR DRIVERS! The speed limit is the maximum, not the speed you should drive. If you don't like my speed,get in one of the other lanes. Do you tailgate and drive the speed limit with snow on the ground? Life is to short to be in such a hurry. Slow down and have fun.:)

Yeah, because pulling over or getting in the slow lane and letting the jackass go around isn't safer.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In the (slightly butchered) words of Marcellus Wallace:

[When you pull over and let that tool go by], you may feel a slight sting. That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts. It never helps. You fight through that ****.

What I said stands, behavior like that can get you criminal charges. Playing games on the public highway is stupid, regardless of how big a jackass the other guy is.

Joe

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, because pulling over or getting in the slow lane and letting the jackass go around isn't safer.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In the (slightly butchered) words of Marcellus Wallace:

What I said stands, behavior like that can get you criminal charges. Playing games on the public highway is stupid, regardless of how big a jackass the other guy is.

Joe

This. /\ Get the hell out of the way, you don't own the road.
    It is the height of inconsiderate behavior to act like you are the only one on it and damn anyone else.
    Again, don't purposefully block the road because you have cop envy.

Here is another scenario:
    Maybe my kid just got bit by a poisonous snake and I can't get through
    on 911 to call for help, so I'm rushing to the hospital to save his life and
    some tool wants to drive 20 under.
    You're gonna need a new bumper and some paint after you get out of the ditch. :twocents:

Landon500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anderson, In
    So what you are saying is that. we should all break the law and speed in case someone's child is bitten by a poisonous snake? Your right ,i've been driving the posted speed limit thinking I was ok. Guess I was wrong.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If you were behind me this close you would be going 20 mph under the speed limit. .......

When I slow down because some idiot doesn't like the speed i'm driving, it's because I would rather die at a slower rate of speed. ......

So what you are saying is that. we should all break the law and speed in case someone's child is bitten by a poisonous snake? Your right ,i've been driving the posted speed limit thinking I was ok. Guess I was wrong.

Check your first two posts if you have forgotten.
    You already said you would drive UNDER the limit to prove your point.

Then reread my post and pay attention to the words I used.
    "and some tool wants to drive 20 under."

You are not even doing the limit with your "safe and slow" center of the universe response.

Try Again.

Your right, Guess I was wrong.

I couldn't agree more. :yesway:

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I dont know why everyone likes the Dodge Charger. I dont even think they are that good looking, and they are typical Chrysler pieces of crap built by overpaid union crybabies.

I agree, I don't really like the older, pre-buyout chargers. Although, when I went up to Detroit for the auto show last year, the new interceptor looks friggen sweet. I would take one for $1500 though, you could turn around a flip it and at least double your money, most likely get quite a bit more out of it, depending on mileage of course.

Top Bottom