Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Sounds like State Police to me:

IN-Indiana-State-Police-Patch.jpg

impd_patch_694p.jpg

IMPD doesn't have any Chargers, IIRC.

Yea, I was gonna post State Police, soon as I read "triangle-shaped".......

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Alright, I know tailgating is illegal, but when someone cuts you off and drives slower than you, what are you supposed to do.

Let me explain. I was traveling at about 67 MPH on 465 N. on the East side of Indy. As anyone who travels this route at rush hour knows that 65-70 MPH is normal speed. I was following traffic in the left lane with about a car length between me and the guy in front of me. Out of nowhere, a dark blue Charger cuts in front of me. I do my best not to rear-ed him, which means I was a little close to his bumper. I backed off so as not to tailgate (Something I am known for doing, and almost a necessity on 465). I tried to speed back up to the speed I was going before the supposed inadvertent traffic taboo, and as traffic was speeding up and leaving this guy behind, I thought he would speed up too. When he didn't, and the traffic in all of the right lanes were passing him, I tried to get over to pass him as well. I didn't apply the break, but never (in my opinion anyway) got too close. The next thing I know, bright red lights... This DB break-checked me!!! As a rule, I don't back off when someone break-checks me, I usually just get closer. In this instance, I just got over when I had the chance in an attempt to pass. This is when it got interesting.

As I pull up beside this guy, he gooses it to keep up with me. I then look over and I see the black wheels, the cow catcher up front, and the IMPD uniform hanging in a dry-cleaner's bag in the back seat. I was ashamed that this guy could have caused a serious accident while TRYING to be an a$$, and for what? He didn't even pull me over for tailgating, he just made sure I didn't go any faster than he did. I reserve a special place in my heart for the idiots that drive like this, usually because they are teenagers that will have plenty of accidents in their day, and they will learn the very hard way. This guy not only passed the stringent tests put out to officers, but also the driving test to be in a car in general. I don't even know what to say now. I didn't get a ticket, (I was kind of hoping he would pull me over so I could say something about the break-check) but I also wanted to punch this A-hole in the face, but without disrespecting him as an officer...

Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to get this experience out there and off of my chest.

As anyone who has traveled I-465 during morning rush hour (in particular) knows, almost no one goes the speed limit, and many, many peeps make stupid, unsignaled lane changes, etc.

But, you do know you just admitted on a public forum.... of breaking the traffic laws on at least 3 occassions during this one incident (which wasn't worth posting about, in the first place)......don't you!???

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    As anyone who has traveled I-465 during morning rush hour (in particular) knows, almost no one goes the speed limit, and many, many peeps make stupid, unsignaled lane changes, etc.

But, you do know you just admitted on a public forum.... of breaking the traffic laws on at least 3 occassions during this one incident (which wasn't worth posting about, in the first place)......don't you!???

I'm glad someone else knows my pain of dealing with 465.

I'm confused about the laws I broke. I know I was speeding, but I was forced to tailgate by this guy cutting me off. I backed off and tried to pass him, and when I did, he proceeded to block me from doing so.

On your last point, I understand now that it probably wasn't worth posting about. I was upset, needed to blow off some steam, and thought my INGO brethren would be supportive. Obviously that's not the case. Thanks guys. preciate it....:(

Not really sad. Like I said in my edit of the OP, I calmed down, realized I was in just as much error as the LEO. My bad. I'm an idiot. Everyone can jump back out of my throat, it's getting crowded.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    It may not have even been a cop. It's been a while since i've seen one, but avert security uniforms looked almost exactly like IPD's. They'd also all go out and buy old police cars. IPD used to get complaints on them all the time doing goofy **** from people thinking they were cops.

If it were a MCSD black charger it'd belong to the upper brass. You'd notice that it has the hemi engine, slick top, but lights out the wazoo so they can......go lights and siren 150mph to the jail, or serve an eviction notice.

imasmokin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    So that explains why we got NO HELP when our mini-van ( wife and 4 kids on board) fuel pump failed while on the divided highway in Indy and the police cars were flying by in the fast lane not stopping or sending us any help.....(ah, finally closure to the mystery of the police officer is your friend, now I can sleep at night.)
    Yes, this is my first post

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So that explains why we got NO HELP when our mini-van ( wife and 4 kids on board) fuel pump failed while on the divided highway in Indy and the police cars were flying by in the fast lane not stopping or sending us any help.....(ah, finally closure to the mystery of the police officer is your friend, now I can sleep at night.)
    PicardFacePalm.jpg

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

picture.php

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I'm glad someone else knows my pain of dealing with 465.

I'm confused about the laws I broke. I know I was speeding, but I was forced to tailgate by this guy cutting me off. I backed off and tried to pass him, and when I did, he proceeded to block me from doing so.

On your last point, I understand now that it probably wasn't worth posting about. I was upset, needed to blow off some steam, and thought my INGO brethren would be supportive. Obviously that's not the case. Thanks guys. preciate it....:(

Not really sad. Like I said in my edit of the OP, I calmed down, realized I was in just as much error as the LEO. My bad. I'm an idiot. Everyone can jump back out of my throat, it's getting crowded.

You were not forced to tailgate, all you had to do is slow down and back off. When people like you tailgate me I just slow down and drive slower. You were wrong on all counts. Drive the speed limit and bacxk off other cars rear end.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    IMPD does not have chargers. ISP has em, Lawrence PD has em, MCSD has em, IMPD does not.
    I'll be sure to mention that to the Lt. from IMPD I had lunch with about 6 months or so ago. Maybe his car transformed during our lunch and then went back to being a crown vic right after. :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not absolutely positive, but from what I could see thru the dry cleaning bag, the patch/shield on the shoulder of the uniform, it looked like it. All I truly remember at this point in the evening, was seeing the navy blue shield, white "Indianapolis" following the top, gold trim. Don't remember the bottom of the shield. I sincerely apologize if I misspoke of your department. Any idea of which department deserved it?

lol, so you aren't even sure it was a police officer? Eagle Trident?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yea, I was gonna post State Police, soon as I read "triangle-shaped".......

f1567_eagle_trident.jpg

I've more than one instance of dealing with security guards that have decked out cars and drive like dumbbutts. We can't stand it because to most people, they "look" the part, and they automatically blame LE.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    So, you were speeding (I thought the speed limit there was 55)

and tailgating (should be 1 car length per 10 MPH),

and then someone else cut you off, so you both started driving aggressively at each other and now you're complaining that he was a jerk? :scratch:

Sounds like he was also riding in the passing lane the whole time.:xmad:

Top Bottom