Random question of the day: Have you ever seen the sea/ocean?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever seen the ocean/sea?

• Total voters

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Seen the pacific in san diego, saw the atlantic in daytona. For my honeymoon we sailed from port Canaveral on a 7 day cruise and stopped at a 3 different islands. Nothing like a sun set on the ocean.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I've seen Lake Michigan (which is a sea unto itself) and have been to the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf of Mexico. Even swam in the Gulf.

sixty8firebird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    SE IN
    When I was a kid, my mom took us to Brookville lake a couple times each summer and I figured that was the ocean. I have since become slightly smarter and been to the real ocean a few times and I wasn't too impressed except when a good storm rolled through. I enjoyed watching the storm out in the ocean from our balcony.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ha, I've swam in both the Pacific then the Atlantic in the same week! What a crazy work schedule that was at my previous company.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yep. The coast of Maine, Chesapeake Bay, Carolina coast, Atlantic and Gulf sides of Florida, the Gulf from Alabama/Louisiana/Texas, the Pacific from California/Oregon/Washington. The Mediterranean from Italy (near Rome).

Not much of a beach/ocean kind of person, though.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I have seen the Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Atlantic from both sides.

One of the oddest feelings I ever had was standing on the beaches of Normandy looking west and knowing that my country, thousands of miles away, sent its boys to bleed and die on these sands so far from home.

The shell holes from our warships are still there. The German bunkers still remain. And I looked west feeling very proud of what my country, from across that channel and that ocean, came and accomplished.

Regards,

Doug

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Boston, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Miami. (Atlantic)

California, Seattle, Puerto Vallarta. (Pacific)

Texas, Alabama, Florida. (GoM)

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Atlantic from both Carolinas. Stood on Myrtle Beach but didn't dip a toe in (should have) and stood in Ft. Moultrie on the artillery line and looked out at Ft. Sumter.

Top Bottom