• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    I would be willing to support Rand Paul in the future provided he doesn't get sucked into all of this social issue garbage that has plagued both the Democrat and Republican parties as of late.

There are much more important things to be spending our federal dollars on than all of this gay and abortion social crap that intrude on other people's individual freedoms.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Rand's going to be able to co-op his dads entire organization. Ron Paul didn't get a ton of votes in the primary but everyone agreed he had a good ground game.

It will be interesting to see how the primary shapes up though, being that establishment Republicans have hated Rand ever since his senate primary.

:orly:

I thought he campaigned horribly. On more than one occasion I took him to task for it on these forums too.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Anyone saying Rand couldnt win or we need some one more middle of the road because of demographics could not be more wrong. Romney and Obama got fewer votes in 2012 each than McCain got in 2008.

Obama got 10,000,000 fewer votes this last election than the previous election. If the Republicans would have run a conservative they would have won by a landslide because just maybe people would have turned out to vote

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Today's Republican wants the Mitt Romney type, not the Ronald Reagan type. If they wanted a Reagan conservative, there would have had one on the ballot.

So why did they turn out in record lows to vote then? Todays Republican wasn't at all thrilled with their choices, Romney was just the least irritating of the viable candidates.

The Republican image of elitists is a liberal lie. Wealth is spread equally across the parties. Hell, who is more elitist than Hollywood or University professors?

Christie has been snubbed by the GOP recently. Some of you haven't been paying attention. I wouldn't be suprised (if current conditions remain) to see both Rubio, Jindal, and Paul toward the end of the race. Christie missed his chance IMO.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    :orly:

I thought he campaigned horribly. On more than one occasion I took him to task for it on these forums too.

This exactly. And Gov Johnson the same. A campaign includes more than just a message, it includes marketing. IMO the Libertarians should have promoted Johnson a lot harder a lot earlier. The debates made Johnson look flip and Paul gives too many sound bites that sound nuts out of context.

All in all, I'd say 88GT is right. Horrible marketing.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The ABO voter is completely irrelevant. In 2016 these people would vote Michelle Obama if she has an "r" after her name. They are incapable of pulling any lever other than R.

So the question is, who can motivate the young voters and those on the fence?

of all the names, I only see Rand as viable.

He is the only one with the record of small government and Constitutional government to call out the likely dem challengers.

Romney lost because he couldn't call Barry out for the same crap he started and or supported.

Republicans will lose again if they don't run the modern age Reagan and that man is Rand Paul. He's also got the ability to communicate and he has charisma.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The ABO voter is completely irrelevant. In 2016 these people would vote Michelle Obama if she has an "r" after her name. They are incapable of pulling any lever other than R.

He is the only one with the record of small government and Constitutional government to call out the likely dem challengers.

Romney lost because he couldn't call Barry out for the same crap he started and or supported.

Republicans will lose again if they don't run the modern age Reagan and that man is Rand Paul. He's also got the ability to communicate and he has charisma.

I agree with you on this Prometheus. Rand Paul also has something his father did not have in a campaign - the ability to know when not to scream about things that will turn tons of voters OFF. There's something to be said for yelling when needed, and something for keeping your pie hole shut when it won't accomplish anything but tick off a bunch of voters. Rand is MUCH better at that than his father - and can likely bridge the gap between R and L voters. Then the "Country Club" R's will come along for the ride.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I'd happily vote for Paul and a few others. But it will take a small miracle. The Dems are going to highlight everything the right does or doesn't do. We saw how the media and Obama rammed the sequester. If there is minimal or no new gun legislation passed that will be used and so on. 2014 is going to be very telling for sure.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Rand was already being talked about in a bad light today on The Five on Fox, they kept suggesting Christie is the one GOP person most likely to be able beat a Dem in the next election.:n00b:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rand was already being talked about in a bad light today on The Five on Fox, they kept suggesting Christie is the one GOP person most likely to be able beat a Dem in the next election.:n00b:

They're just doing their jobs, pushing the neo-con line on viewers.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I watched Rand for a couple hours and he was making great sense. Very clear, very sincere, very calm, yet assertive. That is the only way to deal with a liberal, to shame them on their policies in front of the American people. Ron Paul always turned me off because he would go off on a tangent and insult people instead of just being assertive.

Doesn't everyone agree Rand holds Libertarian values and isn't ashamed of this, even though he is a R?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    He would get my vote. I think it is more likely that he will get shoved aside by the establishment. He is good for rallying those in the base who are losing faith, bold moves like his filibuster are great to get people excited. In the end though, much of the establishment think he is a quack. They will toss him aside and push Rubio onto the platform.

I think Rubio has a better shot anyways. Certain elements of the party are ready to sway on immigration, and Rubio is great for that image. At this point they dont care how they win, as long as they think they can. If the numbers are saying they need Hispanic voters (and they are!) they are going to put someone with an immigrant background on the pedestal and parade him around. They are NOT going to pick a very white man from Kentucky whose father was accused of being a white supremacist in 2012.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

I'm just preserving this. I have every confidence you will find something distasteful about Rand if/when he becomes a candidate in the next 3 years.

I watched Rand for a couple hours and he was making great sense. Very clear, very sincere, very calm, yet assertive. That is the only way to deal with a liberal, to shame them on their policies in front of the American people. Ron Paul always turned me off because he would go off on a tangent and insult people instead of just being assertive.

Doesn't everyone agree Rand holds Libertarian values and isn't ashamed of this, even though he is a R?

Whatevs. The en vogue thing is to be the charitable guru with other people's money. Being responsible for yourself is entirely out of fashion. If you want to win you have to convince the people who identify with conservative/libertarian values that voting Republican isn't the same thing as sleeping with the devil while at the same time you convince those who think Republican is the same thing as conservative/libertarian don't fall for the establishment BS.

Since they have failed in both regards quite handily of late, I'm not holding my breath.

Besides, liberals can't be shamed. To do so would require a fixed point of reference against which all behaviors are judged. No such thing exists for the libs. They are the epitome of "If it feels good, do it."

Top Bottom