Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Cue all the haters.......you know something very interesting? The left never bickers about their candidates. They just go pull the lever for their party. Yes this is stupid, but not politically. We have a 2 party system whether anyone wants to admit or like it or hate it, thats the way it is and yes it sucks. The right trashes their own politicians because maybe one thing they dont like.....i would argue way more on the right have a brain and thats why. What sucks is that people against the democrat party wont even vote for romney......and the truth is we could have avoided the insanity of obama by electing this guy instead of staying home. Sure not everything would have gone your way, but most things would have, instead of NOTHING. Seems ridiculous that so many on the right stay home because of disagreeing with one or two things from their own side, rather than disagreeing with EVERYTHING from the other.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cue all the haters.......you know something very interesting? The left never bickers about their candidates. They just go pull the lever for their party. Yes this is stupid, but not politically. We have a 2 party system whether anyone wants to admit or like it or hate it, thats the way it is and yes it sucks. The right trashes their own politicians because maybe one thing they dont like.....i would argue way more on the right have a brain and thats why. What sucks is that people against the democrat party wont even vote for romney......and the truth is we could have avoided the insanity of obama by electing this guy instead of staying home. Sure not everything would have gone your way, but most things would have, instead of NOTHING. Seems ridiculous that so many on the right stay home because of disagreeing with one or two things from their own side, rather than disagreeing with EVERYTHING from the other.
    Wow. You almost made me feel guilty for calling Chris Christie a fat ass puss bag. For maybe a second.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

Disagreeing with one or two things? I tried really hard to agree with Romney on one or two things, it was a futile exercise.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    yeah, whatever.

I don't know what Paul meant by that. He can't mean that government people can establish religion as a part of government--there can't be a department of tithes and offerings--because that is clearly unconstitutional. It may be that he's talking about people in government expressing themselves.

This is how I think of it. It doesn't bother me if Congress has prayer before it meets. I don't care if there's a prayer breakfast or not. I don't care if a Christian president puts a nativity scene on the north lawn. I don't care if a Jewish defense secretary wears a beanie. I don't care if a Hindu IRS tax auditor has a Ganesh statue on her desk. I don't mind if the Christian Secretary of State has a picture of Jesus on his wall. I don't mind if religious people act like they are religious while on the job as long as it doesn't interfere with their work, and they don't harass other people with it, and they don't proselytize, and they don't put it in my face.

The problem is, we care too much about that. If we cared less, we would all have more freedom to be who we are. If we had thicker skins, and weren't so damned touchy, we all could do much more of what we want. But no, all people get all ape**** over religion and who's wearing what, and ****ing Charlie Brown Christmas! :runaway: OMG! Fire that ***** who dares show that in public school! WTF? It's Charlie ****ing BROWN people? Who cares?

People, religious and not, scream bloody hell if someone else's chunk of belief is represented by actual people actually doing stuff. Ohh, we must stamp out religion! It's ruining our Utopia! But it's not just athiests or agnostics, it's everyone. All religions and no religions want to boohoo over other people's beliefs.

Just stop giving a **** that someone else is actively believing something you don't. Okay?

Sorry for the rant. I'm okay now.

This was excellent. People seem to care WAY TOO MUCH about what others perceive them as. So much they often become hatred filled phonies.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    From Rand Paul's Campaign Launch said:
    I see an America where criminal justice is applied equally and any law that disproportionately incarcerates people of color is repealed.

I'm not sure that he's really thought that through.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure that he's really thought that through.

I think he's talking about stop and frisk. It may be an effective law enforcement technique, but so is unwarranted searches.

Maybe, but then why did he say "any law"? Stop-and-frisk is a law enforcement technique, not a law.

This sort of "imprecise" speak is another aspect of my concerns with Rand.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Its politics - EVERYTHING is "imprecise" in a world were vagueness is preferred over crystal-clear thoughts, lest a candidate (especially one more than a year out from primaries) get boxed into a position or statement with no ability to pivot, backpedal, or spin.

Top Bottom