• ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    thank you

(Ed Clark , Libertarian Party, was on the ballot in all fifty states and DC in 1980 and got over one million votes, if he wasn't running against Reagan he would have won more. The GOP was a lot more conservative for the next ten or fifteen years. That's how to do it again)

And the Federales still grew. And Bush 1st wasn't exactly conservative in many ways. Reagan was my first CIC, everything kinda went down hill from there.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have never understood why Reagan was considered such a conservative and so respected. He tripled the national debt, he increased federal employees and the size of the Government(non military)........and he lied to us. What am I missing?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have never understood why Reagan was considered such a conservative and so respected. He tripled the national debt, he increased federal employees and the size of the Government(non military)........and he lied to us. What am I missing?

SDI was to a large extent responsible for bankrupting the Soviet Union. The Iranian hostages were freed the moment he took office. He went after drug countries.

After the Carter years he did a lot to make people proud to be Americans again.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    SDI was to a large extent responsible for bankrupting the Soviet Union. The Iranian hostages were freed the moment he took office. He went after drug countries.

After the Carter years he did a lot to make people proud to be Americans again.

This. While he certainly wasn't ideal, he did bring some pride back. And growing up in the 80s was fun and more or less free.

Top Bottom