• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah I honestly think I do recall that you said that Bug. at the time. I'll admit that I wasn't as focused Ramaswamy back then. But my focus started to pivot once I started becoming more familiar with him.
    Which is why I think he's just preparing for elections in 2028.
    People will be more familiar with him

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Which is why I think he's just preparing for elections in 2028.
    People will be more familiar with him
    Yeah at this point he has to be. He's not really gaining any traction to win this nomination.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ...to make a non-point? You'll have to explain that "you like him because you don't like DeSantis" type. No one seems to fit that description.
    Hold on. maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Remember when @BugI02 caught a lot of flack, of the 'you like him because you don't like DeSantis' type, way back when he said 'swamy was his number two pick with reservations months ago?

@BugI02 remembers

(Not saying from you, KG; just using your post as a springboard)

I do remember saying to you that Ramaswamy was my second pick. And I did say I had reservations. What does not trigger any recall is of giving you a lot of flack for that, because I don't recall you expressing fondness for Ramaswamy back then. I probably returned some flack for something tho. I don't know why it would be for that.

And Ramaswamy is still my 2nd pick. I've pretty much concluded Ramaswamy is sincere. Only reservation left is his age. He's accomplished a lot in his young life. I'd really like to see him gain experience in the political realm. Would be great if he could be a governor. Or get a position in the Republican administration if they beat Dems. Assuming that's most likely to be Trump.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is the post that I made in July about Ramasamy. It falls in line with my recollection in a previous post that I just made here showing that I wasn't totally sold on DeSantis at the time and open to other options.

I did'nt really pay too much attention to him originally but I find myself wanting to hear more from him lately. More than DeSantis at this point. The other lower tier candidates I don't really pay too much attention to.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is the post that I made in July about Ramasamy. It falls in line with my recollection in a previous post that I just made here showing that I wasn't totally sold on DeSantis at the time and open to other options.

I gotta say, at this point DeSantis has kinda turned to be disappointing. I mentioned before I may not bother voting for him if he is still around in May. Either way Ramaswamy is 2nd. I'll probably either vote for Trump or DeSantis. Trump is...Trump. And DeSantis has a lot more experience with governing and with DC. Although not all that great at campaigning. Which just made a thought come to mind. If he sucks this bad at complaining against Republicans, what's he going to do with Democrats?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I gotta say, at this point DeSantis has kinda turned to be disappointing. I mentioned before I may not bother voting for him if he is still around in May. Either way Ramaswamy is 2nd. I'll probably either vote for Trump or DeSantis. Trump is...Trump. And DeSantis has a lot more experience with governing and with DC. Although not all that great at campaigning. Which just made a thought come to mind. If he sucks this bad at complaining against Republicans, what's he going to do with Democrats?
    Well, I've always been constant in saying that the primaries are the place for exploring options and the general is the place to coalesce around the nominee and vote against Clownworld.

My post back in July is evidence that I wasn't just fixated on one candidate alone. I was open to exploring all options and Ramaswamy piqued my interest at some point over DeSantis.

I believe I said at the time any candidate has to show me what they got and convince me they are the better option to earn my primary vote. DeSantis wasn't a lock and I wanted to know more about Ramaswamy and that lead me to where I am today and my favorable opinion of him.

Now to be fair to Bug I can't honestly say that I remember him specifically referring to me as a "DeSandinista" by name, but this should dispel any notion that I was ever "loyally committed" to DeSantis.

Last edited:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    He didn’t exactly tank in the race against Democrats in Florida. He can go deep on any policy issue. The difference with him and Trump is that with him as the candidate, we would actually talk about issues, not J6/court/dumbshitTrumpsays.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ...to make a non-point? You'll have to explain that "you like him because you don't like DeSantis" type. No one seems to fit that description.
    It was some time ago, more than a few month's, not necessarily in this thread. Someone had asked for people's number two choice for the republican nom. My reply started off pretty much 'You're not going to like it, but since you asked ..." and I went on to say my second choice was 'swamy, for which I was promptly accused by a [not]DeSantis supporter of only saying that because I didn't like DeSantis, and for that reason it wasn't really a valid choice - and yes, I was expressing some reservations about him even then

Sorry I can't narrow that down further for you, but the way I store that sort of information is I can remember something happened but not necessarily when if it is so trivial

Now, the way you play the game, you will diverge from this subject and jump me for something like 'if it was so trivial, why did you bring it up again' to which I will reply something
    analogous to 'stupid should be called out, you certainly profess that belief when you're doing the calling' and then it will be your turn again but the array of possible tangents from there is too great to make any sort of guess about the next duck and weave

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A shame he isn't a lawyer. If he doesn't want VP he'd probably make a good AG if he had a JD
    Actually I believe he did earn a JD from Yale.

"Ramaswamy was born in Cincinnati to Indian immigrant parents. He graduated from Harvard College with a bachelor's degree in biology and later earned a law degree (JD) from Yale Law School"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do remember saying to you that Ramaswamy was my second pick. And I did say I had reservations. What does not trigger any recall is of giving you a lot of flack for that, because I don't recall you expressing fondness for Ramaswamy back then. I probably returned some flack for something tho. I don't know why it would be for that.
    What makes you think everything is about you? I could answer that, but ...

It wasn't even your post I was referencing (and I will once again point out that the post I am referencing is almost always quoted)

I was merely pointing out that INGO sentiment on '
    swamy has metamorphosed quite a bit from a time when favoring any one for second choice other than the folding chair from FL was ... frowned upon, shall we say

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually I believe he did earn a JD from Yale.

"Ramaswamy was born in Cincinnati to Indian immigrant parents. He graduated from Harvard College with a bachelor's degree in biology and later earned a law degree (JD) from Yale Law School"
    Sweet! If he is serious about the changes he supports on the campaign trail, he could have a big part in making a lot of those changes as AG while building his credibility as a contender in '28

I wouldn't mind if he ran for governor of Ohio, either. I won't hold the fact he was Ivy League against him unless he reverts to type, which seems unlikely

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    More to the point, if he can't even run a successful national political campaign why believe he could run a nation

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sweet! If he is serious about the changes he supports on the campaign trail, he could have a big part in making a lot of those changes as AG while building his credibility as a contender in '28

I wouldn't mind if he ran for governor of Ohio, either. I won't hold the fact he was Ivy League against him unless he reverts to type, which seems unlikely
    Here's an interesting note from his wiki page that might be of interest to you.

"At Yale he befriended future U.S. Senator J. D. Vance.[30][24]"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What makes you think everything is about you? I could answer that, but ...

Obviously the quote you replied to already tells you what makes me think it might have been me. I said at least in part, what you said whoever it was said. Seems pretty reasonable to wonder if you were referring to me.

It wasn't even your post I was referencing (and I will once again point out that the post I am referencing is almost always quoted)
    Okay. So then I don't have to wonder about what the other part you were referring to meant.

I was merely pointing out that INGO sentiment on 'swamy has metamorphosed quite a bit from a time when favoring any one for second choice other than the folding chair from FL was ... frowned upon, shall we say

Ah. That explains it. I did not pick up on that bit of oppression. From maybe 3 people. But referring to them as "INGO" kinda loses the sense of actual scale don't you think?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hey, I could go along with Ramaswamy as AG. Between the Democrats and CoC/Neocon Grifters, probably no chance he's confirmed. Unless Trump...assuming it's Trump, figures out how to play D.C. with congressional Republicans.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think a Governorship like Bug alluded to in the interim would be advantages for Vivek.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    More to the point, if he can't even run a successful national political campaign why believe he could run a nation

He's a good administrator. He's done well in FL and has learned skills that are transferable. And he was a congressman in DC and learned a bit how that works. He sucks as a campaigner.

I think he worries too much about what people think of him. Most of the mistakes he's made has to do with the image he wants to project.

Just to name a couple, he had his surrogates do that stupid "god sent him" nonsense. Far be it for me as a non-believer, but it's an image he should probably actually earned, rather than just declaring himself God's right hand man.

The shoe thing really seals. If he's wearing something to make him look taller, says to me he thinks his height is a weakness, and is self-conscious about it. It's not a lot different from how Trump obsessed about his...uh..."hand size" early in his term. Also his crowd size at the inauguration. Obscessing over what people think about you, to the point you'll resort to deception, I think is a weakness. Wearing stuff to make you look taller is a deception. You short? Wear it. You bald? Wear it.

Top Bottom