• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What bothers me is the glib call to 'defund the ATF, the FBI and the Dept. of Education', not that I would disagree with it if it were at all possible or likely

You know and I know that would require beyond a filibuster proof majority in the senate, it would require a republican squish proof majority in both houses. It just isn't going to happen this time around, especially with so many intent on jamiling™ (doing the absolute minimum possible for the once and future nominee)
    lol. I got a trademark! :rockwoot: That's ****ing awsome!!!

The hilarious part is that you present it as if it's an insult to me. I am proud to give no more than my vote to lying politicians! If it's any consolation to you, I have not given anything to DeSantis or Ramaswamy either. A vote, if I were to vote for any of them, is all they're worth.

But anyway, I agree with you that this is just campaign rhetoric. Just like making Mexico pay for the wall.

So for me, it is hard to judge sincerity when someone's talking points are so obviously insincere in terms of being put into practice.
    Hmmm. I smell some incongruent teal here! You mean you don't put "making Mexico pay for the wall" in the same insinsere bucket-o-**** as promising to disband the FBI, when Trump himself admitted that he had no intention of making Mexico pay for it? If we're going to pontificate about talking points [...] so obviously insincere in terms of being put into practice, shouldn't we throw all instances in the that bucket? I mean everyone knew Trump was not gonna make Mexico pay for the wall. Didn't they? Oh. You believed him? Well...

There were ways to make Mexico pay for the wall (tax remittances, for instance) and there were ways to Make America Great Again (and their still are) and people forget that Trump actually tried to move a federal bureaucracy out of DC (Dept of the Interior) and even a dept. like that, with a much smaller constituency than Dept of Education, proved a difficult row to hoe
    Nah, that does not excuse it. Tariffs aren't the same thing as paying for it. Did you really believe it? Trump recently said, no, he just said that. You know. Because politicians lie. Oh. here's something to help you maintain your faith in a flawless Trump. He didn't lie when he made the promise to make Mexico pay for the wall. You can just say that he lied when he said he was lying!

He might as well be saying he is going to make conservatives and progressives live together in peace and harmony, he has about as much chance of doing that

Which is the same chance as making Mexico pay for the wall. But anyway, thanks for the trademark. I really like it. Will have to write a catchy tune about it. Maybe borrow old man river and change it to old man jamil who just keeps jamiling™ along. Glad you're back btw. Missed you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree in the sense that he makes it sound like it could be done easily when in reality that's not the case.

Same goes for "Spit'n Nails" DeSantis and about Trump on certain things but Trump found out that it could not.
    It is not happening. But I like that he said it. And what he actually said about it is that he would dismantle the FBI and replace it with a different agency and blah blah blah. We all know it's extraordinarily unlikely to happen. It's a campaign promise at least superficially. I'm not convinced that Ramaswamy is really trying to win as much as he is trying to spread a message. We'll see how long he stays in the race after it's clear there is no path to victory in the primaries.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So based on this post I presume you have great difficulty with all the asterisk on INGO because you can't figure out what's being multiplied or with finding a 10mm socket because it means a 10 thousand thousand.

I can help. You have trouble with analism. We share the struggles.
    I mean we (INGO) specialize in everlasting pedantic rants on vitally trivial subjects. Every ant hill is a hill to die on. Now someone will argue with me that it's a mound, not a hill.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The hilarious part is that you present it as if it's an insult to me. I am proud to give no more than my vote to lying politicians! If it's any consolation to you, I have not given anything to DeSantis or Ramaswamy either. A vote, if I were to vote for any of them, is all they're worth.

But anyway, I agree with you that this is just campaign rhetoric. Just like making Mexico pay for the wall.

Hmmm. I smell some incongruent teal here! You mean you don't put "making Mexico pay for the wall" in the same insinsere bucket-o-**** as promising to disband the FBI, when Trump himself admitted that he had no intention of making Mexico pay for it? If we're going to pontificate about talking points [...] so obviously insincere in terms of being put into practice, shouldn't we throw all instances in the that bucket? I mean everyone knew Trump was not gonna make Mexico pay for the wall. Didn't they? Oh. You believed him? Well...

Nah, that does not excuse it. Tariffs aren't the same thing as paying for it. Did you really believe it? Trump recently said, no, he just said that. You know. Because politicians lie. Oh. here's something to help you maintain your faith in a flawless Trump. He didn't lie when he made the promise to make Mexico pay for the wall. You can just say that he lied when he said he was lying!

Which is the same chance as making Mexico pay for the wall. But anyway, thanks for the trademark. I really like it. Will have to write a catchy tune about it. Maybe borrow old man river and change it to old man jamil who just keeps jamiling™ along. Glad you're back btw. Missed you.
    jamiling™ prolly has a lot more to do with lotion and taking matters into your own hands

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    jamiling™ prolly has a lot more to do with lotion and taking matters into your own hands
    Now c'mon Bug, you coined it. You defined it. Now you want to change it after you thought of that dig? Keep that up and people might say you're a little obsessed with me. :):

Do I have to start worrying about being stalked on the internet?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

The question is would you be holding your nose if you voted for either one?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The question is would you be holding your nose if you voted for either one?
    Yeah. I think Ramaswamy is sincerely America First. Let's see what he does over the years. Yeah, I am being a bit ageist. I'd rather he's 50. Sue me. And I'm not very fond of politicians making promises they have no intention of keeping. He's a smart man. He knows he's not gonna disband the FBI.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Now c'mon Bug, you coined it. You defined it. Now you want to change it after you thought of that dig? Keep that up and people might say you're a little obsessed with me. :):

Do I have to start worrying about being stalked on the internet?
    Dude, you really are channeling K14 to an eerie extent. I truly hope it's a coincidence, but rule 39

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude, you really are channeling K14 to an eerie extent. I truly hope it's a coincidence, but rule 39
    I mean, if you're trying to make the case that you're not obsessed with me, this is probably not the best way to do it. :):

Seriously, we're likely really boring INGO with all this back and forth. Maybe you try some of that good faith energy, and since I treat you like you treat me, maybe we agree on what we agree on and agree to disagree on whatever we don't. Then INGO isn't bored with us.

What's that? No? You can't stand going on without contempt you say? Well, okay. Either way can work, but the other way is probably more enjoyable for everyone. Try it. You might like it better.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The guy has a way of dealing with leftists that interview him. Although this looks more like a debate.

I have to admit that his manner of using cold logic in his talking points had that chick SO upset. She just couldn't help herself but give in to talking over him and trying to derail him in mid-thought--and it still didn't work. I'm slowly becoming a fan... Doubt he'll make it through the primaries, but he's doing a great job of setting himself up for the future.

Top Bottom