• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    At Eagle Creek Pistol Range, our firing line is completely covered - so we stay dry even when it's raining outside.

Come on out and see us today - when it's too wet to do yard work, golf or ride the Harley. We're open from 9:00 to 5:00, and we have 20 lanes open for public shooting, so there's almost never any waiting.

Guy

Regulus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    +1 for the Tactical Firearms crew.

My brother and I had a great time at the Eagle Creek range yesterday. This was the first time for either of us to shoot at this range. We were really pleased with the range and the officers. Thanks for a great time.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I've tried to go to the Eagle Creek range numerous times in the past, and each time the police had taken over the range and it was closed to the public. While I appreciate your invitation, I'd rather attend a range that I won't get blocked out of on a regular basis. If the police are no longer "confiscating" the range every other week, then I might check it out.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've tried to go to the Eagle Creek range numerous times in the past, and each time the police had taken over the range and it was closed to the public. While I appreciate your invitation, I'd rather attend a range that I won't get blocked out of on a regular basis. If the police are no longer "confiscating" the range every other week, then I might check it out.
    It's only open to the public every weekend. During the week IMPD "owns" it.:dunno:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've gone on weekends last year where the IMPD was shooting and the range was closed to the public.

Guy, you're doing a great service keeping the range accessible to the public. I know somethings are not in your control.

When I say that Indyparks is not working in our interests, that is in no way aimed at you or what you're doing.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I've gone on weekends last year where the IMPD was shooting and the range was closed to the public.

Guy, you're doing a great service keeping the range accessible to the public. I know somethings are not in your control.

When I say that Indyparks is not working in our interests, that is in no way aimed at you or what you're doing.

Since June 11, 2011, when TFT took over management of ECPR, we have been closed to the public for two half-days due to IMPD training requirements. Period.

My goal is to reduce that to 0 in 2012. We're open every weekend and our shooters can depend on that.

Guy

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It's been awhile since I've been there.. Can u shoot Ar's there???

FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION ALLOWED
    Only pistols, shotguns, and “pistol caliber” firearms are allowed at ECPR. No black powder or “muzzleloader” firearms are permitted due to ECPR’s strict rules on muzzle direction (below). Customers shooting “shot shell” shotgun ammunition should use the designated shotgun target stands. No armor piercing, tracer, or explosive ammunition is allowed.

Eagle Creek Pistol Range

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    At Eagle Creek Pistol Range, our firing line is completely covered - so we stay dry even when it's raining outside.

Come on out and see us today - when it's too wet to do yard work, golf or ride the Harley. We're open from 9:00 to 5:00, and we have 20 lanes open for public shooting, so there's almost never any waiting.

Guy
    Hey Guy,
    In the case of severe whether, would you recommend calling the range prior to coming by to make sure it's open? If yesterday was any example of what i'm referring to it seems that every effort is made to keep things open, however the thought crossed my mind that, if say a thunderstorm, 35mph+ winds, etc. came along would the range have had to close?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Hey Guy,
    In the case of severe whether, would you recommend calling the range prior to coming by to make sure it's open? If yesterday was any example of what i'm referring to it seems that every effort is made to keep things open, however the thought crossed my mind that, if say a thunderstorm, 35mph+ winds, etc. came along would the range have had to close?

Great question. Since the firing line is covered and we're surrounded on three sides by concrete block walls, it would take VERY severe weather for us to close. For example, we never even thought about closing yesterday. In fact, we had ten lanes full for most of the day. We'll run 20 lanes all day today.

If you have any doubt, feel free to call us at 317.432.0747, but absent a tornado warning on the NW side, we'll be open.

Guy

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Great question. Since the firing line is covered and we're surrounded on three sides by concrete block walls, it would take VERY severe weather for us to close. For example, we never even thought about closing yesterday. In fact, we had ten lanes full for most of the day. We'll run 20 lanes all day today.

If you have any doubt, feel free to call us at 317.432.0747, but absent a tornado warning on the NW side, we'll be open.

Guy
    :patriot:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    From what I read on the website all steel targets are to be placed at 25 yards. I presume this includes the swingers for hand guns? I'm looking to shoot more at the 12-15 yard distance. Is this possible?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    From what I read on the website all steel targets are to be placed at 25 yards. I presume this includes the swingers for hand guns? I'm looking to shoot more at the 12-15 yard distance. Is this possible?
    All steel targets brought in by customers are subject to RSO approval and typically recommended to be at least 25 yards out. If in doubt, take it and ask.

Top Bottom