• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Have not bought/sold in the INGO classifieds yet, but I do use craigslist often. I personally filter out all listings without pictures. I look in the INGO classifieds, and if there is no picture, I just back arrow without reading the ad. If they don't post pictures, must be so ugly they have to hide it, that's what I say.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Actually, those "$50 crappy cameras" take better pics than the good ole cameras of yesteryear. Plus, most "crappy" cell phones also take photos. You're right...nothing for art, but certainly good enough for INTERNET purposes.

Most cell phones do take pictures. It's getting them online that is the problem. Plus what will you possibly see in a crap picture that would make you not want the firearm? I just can't seem to understand this. I trust the seller to accurately describe an item, not only with firearms but anything else I buy on other forums I'm on. Plus other than holster wear or a crap camo pattern most guns of a certain manufacture look the same.

Many people are more than happy to text someone pictures. I always am since I can no longer upload my pictures online since my IPhone had an accident.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You guys expect someone to buy a $50+ camera (that takes crappy pics) to represent a $500 item? I still can't wrap my mind around it. For me that would be a waste of $50+ since I never use a camera. If you are driving for awhile for an item with no pics and barely a description that's on you if it goes sour. If I buy an expensive item I'm all over it for details. If the seller can't be bothered to accurately describe his item a deal doesn't happen. Pictures or no pictures.

I would not expect someone to buy a camera just to sell a gun. I would expect someone in today's society to have a camera to take pictures of family, events etc. Besides that, I doubt very much that the average person that sells in the classifieds sell's one item only once and never sell's anything in the classifieds on INGO or anywhere else ever again during their lifetime. Oh I supposed there might be a 40 year old virgin here and there living in his parents basement but I also doubt that is the norm.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Most cell phones do take pictures. It's getting them online that is the problem. Plus what will you possibly see in a crap picture that would make you not want the firearm? I just can't seem to understand this. I trust the seller to accurately describe an item, not only with firearms but anything else I buy on other forums I'm on. Plus other than holster wear or a crap camo pattern most guns of a certain manufacture look the same.

Many people are more than happy to text someone pictures. I always am since I can no longer upload my pictures online since my IPhone had an accident.

Are you texting with the iPhone though?
    You can plug the iphone into the computer to get the pictures off of it if you can still plug it in.
    How is it broken? Screen, water damage, fall? If it's just the screen you can buy a new screen on ebay for 30 bucks or so, and install it yourself, really easy, you just need a small screw driver and a suction cup to life the old screen off.
    If you dropped it and it stopped working, it could be anything, would have to get someone familiar with them to open it up and look. Could be something as simple as a ribbon cable that got disconnected.
    If you have a regular phone, you can take out the SD card and plug it into your laptop.
    If your phone doesn't use an SD card, you can direct wire it to your computer...
    Getting them off the phone and onto the internet is easy.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It is really not hard to post a picture of what you are trying to sell in the classifieds. I personally wouldn't buy from someone who says "we all know what they look like." That may be true, but if the package is not still sealed, it has been handled. Being handled means a chance of being not perfect. That is all.

The Seller is free to not post pictures, and I'm free to not consider their ad.

However it IS to their advantage to post clear pictures and be as accurate as possible in describing what they have for sale.

It could sure save a wasted FTF meeting.

I know when I see an ad that doesn't have a picture, my first impression is one of skepticism.

How hard can it be to post a picture?
    Especially when most every cellphone has a camera.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Are you texting with the iPhone though?
    You can plug the iphone into the computer to get the pictures off of it if you can still plug it in.
    How is it broken? Screen, water damage, fall? If it's just the screen you can buy a new screen on ebay for 30 bucks or so, and install it yourself, really easy, you just need a small screw driver and a suction cup to life the old screen off.
    If you dropped it and it stopped working, it could be anything, would have to get someone familiar with them to open it up and look. Could be something as simple as a ribbon cable that got disconnected.
    If you have a regular phone, you can take out the SD card and plug it into your laptop.
    If your phone doesn't use an SD card, you can direct wire it to your computer...
    Getting them off the phone and onto the internet is easy.

iPhone screen and home button is toast. Tried to fix it when only the screen was broken and ended up breaking the new screen and home button because the new screen was not made right. No way I'll pay $200 to repair it now. My phone has neither an SD card or plug in for the computer. Cheap and reliable phone. Does what it does best which is calling and texting. If a 17 year old has a phone like this I'm sure there are many others here who have the same equipment.

Someone said something about taking pictures of family, friends, etc. in this day and age and expected people to have a camera. Well...sorry Charlie no such luck here. Once again I'm sure I'm not the only one here in the same situation. I guess the "problem" I have here is that it seems many here need to see what a G22, WASR, or Mossberg 500 etc. look like and don't like to read what's what or don't trust the seller. We all know what they look like and if someone was really hiding something what is stopping them from using a photo online?

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    I hate posting pictures on my listings, because then people see what kind of junk I really have before I sucker them into a meet where I strong arm them into buying the item even if they want to back out. No sarcasm, this is my strategy.

Yea! So hard to find a good skin suit these days!:D

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    It is really not hard to post a picture of what you are trying to sell in the classifieds. I personally wouldn't buy from someone who says "we all know what they look like." That may be true, but if the package is not still sealed, it has been handled. Being handled means a chance of being not perfect. That is all.

Honestly I read this post about tinypic.com and it changed everything. I signed up for tumblr and smallish trying to get that URL tag for forums with no luck once someone mentioned tinypic it changed the ball game. I think that it should be easier to post pics or have a recommendation somewhere on post

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Honestly I read this post about tinypic.com and it changed everything. I signed up for tumblr and smallish trying to get that URL tag for forums with no luck once someone mentioned tinypic it changed the ball game. I think that it should be easier to post pics or have a recommendation somewhere on post

Here ya' go. Just gotta look around our forum a little better.

Click on link....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...gestions/12974-posting_pictures_tutorial.html

Top Bottom