• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    It is really not hard to post a picture of what you are trying to sell in the classifieds. I personally wouldn't buy from someone who says "we all know what they look like." That may be true, but if the package is not still sealed, it has been handled. Being handled means a chance of being not perfect. That is all.

I agree, everyone wants to see pics.
    Photobucket is your friend :)

Hey....are you from knox maybe??....i knew a J-sheets back in the day.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I always post pics if its a firearm or parts. Some things I think it's not worth the hassle. It always amazes me the stuff guys want pictures of. I listed some wolf military classic in 223. I stated its 1000 rounds in green camouflage boxes in two clear plastic sleeves. I get a message asking if I have any pictures? My personal thought is if you don't know what a 1000 rounds of wolf looks like I can't help you.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I always post pics if its a firearm or parts. Some things I think it's not worth the hassle. It always amazes me the stuff guys want pictures of. I listed some wolf military classic in 223. I stated its 1000 rounds in green camouflage boxes in two clear plastic sleeves. I get a message asking if I have any pictures? My personal thought is if you don't know what a 1000 rounds of wolf looks like I can't help you.

Pictures go a long way is showing the condition of the item, which your description probably lacked. Those green camouflage boxes may have been beat to hell, indicating some serious misuse or age.

I would never agree to meet someone, or buy something, without seeing pictures of what I'm perusing. It's simply bad business to enter into an agreement without knowing what you're getting.

SRR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Commiefornia
    When I browse the classifieds, if there is no pic I do not look. Even if it is the most common firearm. The ad may say that there is holster wear, with a pic it shows how much wear. Like they say " A pic is worth a thousand words."

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    My best guess is some if you guys miss out on some pretty good deals if you don't look at ads without pictures. To each their own.

When I started buying on the net most guys couldn't post pics or they were of pretty low quality. You had to go on description and reputation.
    I had a few t*rds that overstated the bore condition and that's about it.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    My best guess is some if you guys miss out on some pretty good deals if you don't look at ads without pictures. To each their own.

When I started buying on the net most guys couldn't post pics or they were of pretty low quality. You had to go on description and reputation.
    I had a few t*rds that overstated the bore condition and that's about it.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    You guys seem pretty picky. If someone has described their item well enough why do you need pics? Worst case scenario you show up and see something not described and you back out.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    You guys seem pretty picky. If someone has described their item well enough why do you need pics? Worst case scenario you show up and see something not described and you back out.

Uhhh... I tell ya what. I drive an hour to see something that's NOT what you described? You ain't seen the "worst case scenario" yet. But you will. :xmad:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I think it's the eBay generation here. I've been looking for a new Sig P220 SA/DA. I'll even take a flyer at a used one. I don't need a pic on the website. I need a phone number. I want to talk to the owner and get a feel for him and his way of doing things. If he seems jake, I'll take him at his word on condition and go meet up with him.

It's a firearm for Chrissake! You are supposed to be meeting in person unless it's an FFL transaction.

People in Indiana a pretty good about doing what they say they are going to do and describing things the way they truthfully are. If they aren't, they can pull a picture off the internet and most everyone wouldn't be the wiser.

For those of us who were raised pre-jpg, you know what I mean. To those afterwards, you're missing out on some very good deals....which is fine with me.

One more thing, Armslist is a great place to go. It is almost entirely based on trust. When I have used it, I've used stock manufacturer's fotos for NIB items. No one has ever complained. Why...because they are NIB items.

Top Bottom