• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I know a preacher that carried at the building during non service hours..... I don't know if he carried during service hours.....

I don't have my LTCH yet and hope to soon but am more and more becoming ok with the idea of carrying at church... I only know one person there that does not like guns but he knows I like them and has never asked if I do carry.

I have allways felt that if my church needs a security team that I need to find a church in a better area haha.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I know a preacher that carried at the building during non service hours..... I don't know if he carried during service hours.....

I don't have my LTCH yet and hope to soon but am more and more becoming ok with the idea of carrying at church... I only know one person there that does not like guns but he knows I like them and has never asked if I do carry.

I have allways felt that if my church needs a security team that I need to find a church in a better area haha.

I used to feel that way about carrying a gun, period. That was my excuse for years.

I guess we both realized that there is no such things as a "better area" eh? Well, maybe "better", but certainly not "best". Criminals commit crimes everywhere.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I used to feel that way about carrying a gun, period. That was my excuse for years.

I guess we both realized that there is no such things as a "better area" eh? Well, maybe "better", but certainly not "best". Criminals commit crimes everywhere.

True but there is a big difference between say Troy ave a little north of Keystone Ave and say Emerson and Edgewood Ave's......... I would perfer better any day of the week and ne is FAR better then the other.

Id rather be at a place that has say a 1% chance of me getting shot or robed compared to say a 20% chance.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I never thought myself that I would attend a church with a security team. But the team was not there when I first got there. It was started by an ex-lawenforcement guy and ex-firefighter because there was a person attending our church who just got out of jail and they wanted to make sure he behaved himself while attending there, then it just kinda of took off on its own. Members really like having us around, and my church is really not in a bad location. Location had nothing to do with it. You would be surprised the size of security at some Mega Churches.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I never thought myself that I would attend a church with a security team. But the team was not there when I first got there. It was started by an ex-lawenforcement guy and ex-firefighter because there was a person attending our church who just got out of jail and they wanted to make sure he behaved himself while attending there, then it just kinda of took off on its own. Members really like having us around, and my church is really not in a bad location. Location had nothing to do with it. You would be surprised the size of security at some Mega Churches.

When you first started talking, I pretty much assumed you belonged to that one particular "Mega Church" in our area. Im sure you know the one I am talking about.

However, that doesnt seem to be the case, so if you dont mind me asking, what church? If you dont want to say publicly, that is fine.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    When you first started talking, I pretty much assumed you belonged to that one particular "Mega Church" in our area. Im sure you know the one I am talking about.

However, that doesnt seem to be the case, so if you dont mind me asking, what church? If you dont want to say publicly, that is fine.

I attend Gospel Center Missionary Church in the River Park Area. We only have about 350-400 members. I consider us a small church. We had some training at a Mega Church.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This has been brought up many times. I just like to throw my :twocents: in, again.

1. I don't carry in church. My decision has nothing to do with a school on the same grounds or not. For me it's a sanctuary, a shelter from the crazies of this world. Yes I know I can be still be killed in church just as anywhere else. Just my feelings on it. I carry to and from but not in church.

2. I have no problem with anyone lawfully carrying either OC or CC in church. It is a personal decision as far as I'm concerned. I have seen others CCing in church and it has not been a problem as I don't think anyone else noticed.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sorry if this muddies the waters, but there is a licensing category called "church ministry." They are NOT schools and are not subject to the higher level restrictions and regulations that schools are.

For the purposes of the law dealing with carrying in schools, would church ministries be considered schools or not?

FTR, I think their licensing requirements center around the child care regulations more than the educational requirements since most of them will have enrollment numbers that exceed the maximum allowable number of children under care without a license standard.

Top Bottom