• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Yes I carry at church along with 3 other members. We are a security team at my church with 10 guys on our team the other six do not wish to carry a weapon and we do not force them to. As far as OC spray we do not ,we have talked about it but have not reached an agreement on that subject. We have looked at carring batons with the proper training. We have checked with the church insurance company and have gotten the ok. We all did take a firearms traing class also. Hope this helps. I do not have all the answers. Only people know we carry is a need to know not all members of my church know I carry a gun they do not need to know that information I feel some members would be scared off.

OC, is a good option, sometimes people dont need killed just controlled. If you only have a gun you are limiting your options. Drunk Grandpa comes to church mad cause Grandma hid his beer, raising a cain and being out of control but has no weapons. etc.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I do not attend a Church, because I am a follower of my ancient European Ancestors; However, when I have a Temple built, not only will I carry, but it will be mandated that atleast everyman carry, oc or cc, firearm, or blade, blunt as it was regulated back in the ancient days.

There is NO REASON A MAN SHOULD EVER BE DISARMED.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    OC, is a good option, sometimes people dont need killed just controlled. If you only have a gun you are limiting your options. Drunk Grandpa comes to church mad cause Grandma hid his beer, raising a cain and being out of control but has no weapons. etc.

I agree we are looking at other options but have yet to reach an agreement it is a very touchy subject with trying to please everyone with out them thinking you are trying to be the church police department.:patriot:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I carry at Church. Carried at my wedding and my daughter's baptism. The wife was not happy. I told her that she should have picked a Church in a better neighborhood. :)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I don't carry to church because there is a licensed,church owned, school on the same property. It doesn't even have to be in the church building, it's off limits legally, even though there is a parking lot separating the two,and even though no school or Sunday classes are going on during the service I attend.

Actually, it depends "who" owns the property. If the church does, and the school is set up as a separate "business", then it might be legal. Im not going to say it is, I THINK it is, but I would have to reread everything. Im sure someone will come along and know exactly.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Carry in church?? What the heck else are sport-jackets for?

Yes i agree all of us wear sport jackets. My wife feels safe knowing the few of us who carry are there for a reason. Churches are sitting ducks think about the money, property, the list can go on and on. Domestic violence has spilled in our church before along with people who have spent time in jail who you do not want around your wife or children its sad. We actually keep a log book of known sex offenders with their pictures so we can identify potential problems. We want the members to feel safe while they worship. I got called last night down to my church because someone left a door unlocked and our Security team did a sweep of the church inside to make sure no one had gotten in through the unlocked door..:ar15:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You guys are all talking about schools, which is a good topic. But according to my understanding of the following, it doesn't apply IF YOU'RE AUTHORIZED BY THE SCHOOL. If the church's school says you can carry a gun there, you can carry a gun there. Correct me if I'm wrong?

IC 35-47-9
    Chapter 9. Possession of Firearms on School Property and School Buses

<A name=IC35-47-9-1>IC 35-47-9-1
    Exemptions from chapter
    Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:
    (1) A:
    (A) federal;
    (B) state; or
    (C) local;
    law enforcement officer.
    (2) A person who has been employed or authorized by:
    (A) a school; or
    (B) another person who owns or operates property being used by a school for a school function;
    to act as a security guard, perform or participate in a school function, or participate in any other activity authorized by a school.
    (3) A person who:
    (A) may legally possess a firearm; and
    (B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle that is being operated by the person to transport another person to or from a school or a school function.
    As added by P.L.140-1994, SEC.11.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I am talking about a church only. Our church is not used for a school. All my post have been related to Church and Church only. I have no knowledge how a church/school operate sorry if I read the thread wrong.

I hope I did not take the thread off course. In the beginning it started out as open carry in church or concealed in church, I am still new , the language I thought the writer was talking about spray as an option in church vs a gun. I guess I need to keep better track of the threads before the last thread posted. Sorry I will try and do better next time..

Last edited by a moderator:

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I hope I did not take the thread off course. In the beginning it started out as open carry in church or concealed in church, I am still new , the language I thought the writer was talking about spray as an option in church vs a gun. I guess I need to keep better track of the threads before the last thread posted. Sorry I will try and do better next time..

Hey Bob , no problem.
    You are forgiven, I hope.
    But, would you edit your last post
    to remove the "s" from in front of "pray"?

Thanks

Mark

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Hey Bob , no problem.
    You are forgiven, I hope.
    But, would you edit your last post
    to remove the "s" from in front of "pray"?

Thanks

Mark

He actually meant "spray," I suspect, since he was talking about pepper spray earlier LOL

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Unless he meant the "spray and pray" method of shooting, in which you pull the trigger blindly and repeatedly without controlling or aiming properly, or pulling the trigger on a full auto and praying that some of the bullets hit what you're shooting at.

:ar15::biggun::shoot::D

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I think meant "spray" (as in the pepper kind) as an alternative or supplement to a firearm. :dunno:

Anyone ever hear of "arrow prayers"?
    They are faster than a speeding bullet.
    I know what he meant by spray. Couldn't
    resist.This is the OP's thread about firearms and churches.

Mark

Remembering my Creator in the days of my oldfartness.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom