• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, so, I just got home from a long drive to Knox County today. Not a good day. So I'm home and I'm bored. I figured this might be fun.

So the idea here is I will ask a stupid question, someone will answer (stupid or serious answer) and in turn ask a question. If you answer, ask. That simple. So here it goes....

If the Earth is spinning to the East, how is it that the clouds usually head in an easterly direction and not westerly? Wouldn't Earth spinning to the east logically make the clouds/Jet Stream/ocean elevators/etc move to the west?

I know the atmosphere has a lot to do with it, but it's just another thing that puzzles me. :D

See? I told you I was bored. :ingo:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    The clouds are not affected by the spin of the Earth. I will elaborate: the speed of the Earth spinning for arguments sake lets say is set at 10 mph. At 10 mph the clouds speed in relation to the Earth is set at 0 mph if the clouds aren't moving. The Earth is affected by the gravity from the sun and other objects while the clouds and other objects on the Earth are small(in relation to things not on Earth) they are considered part of the Earth and are affected by Earths gravity. Thats my best explanation and I suck at explaining stuff so if you are bored you read it if you are not you skimmed or skipped to my question. :)

How can so many people be blind about the future of the country when the ugly truth is staring them in the face?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    The clouds are not affected by the spin of the Earth. I will elaborate: the speed of the Earth spinning for arguments sake lets say is set at 10 mph. At 10 mph the clouds speed in relation to the Earth is set at 0 mph if the clouds aren't moving. The Earth is affected by the gravity from the sun and other objects while the clouds and other objects on the Earth are small(in relation to things not on Earth) they are considered part of the Earth and are affected by Earths gravity. Thats my best explanation and I suck at explaining stuff so if you are bored you read it if you are not you skimmed or skipped to my question. :)

How can so many people be blind about the future of the country when the ugly truth is staring them in the face?

Not everyone can be conservative. :):

When will the first state seceed from the oppression?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I knew this would be interesting! Thanks for the cheer up guys!

POWERTRIPPER (12 letters)

Why would anyone want to be a powertripper?

Because they're a liberal.

Is there life after death, and if so, can I hang around here for a while before I go to Heaven so I can haunt my friends? :D

They get off from it-its a psychological disorder

How many guns do you own? :)

All of them. I won't lose mine anywhere. :D

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Yes there is life after death and you can hang out there a little while before you go to heaven but from what Ive heard you wont remember anyone while you wait on judgement day.

Do you believe in aliens?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Because the one between your ears doesn't always work!

Why are Baby Desert Eagles better than Glocks and XD's? :D

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Why do drive-up ATM machines have Braille keypads...
    are there that many blind people driving up to these machines?:rolleyes:
    Aww...you didn't follow the instructions.

Baby Desert Eagles are better because it's all metal and it makes you feel halfway badass because desert eagle is part of the name.

ATM machines have braille because K.I.T. cars from Knight Rider are real and drive blind people everywhere.

Why does Indiana restrict alcohol sales on Sunday?

Top Bottom