• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Within the city, I would definitely not recommend shooting them in the open with a firearm. Live trap them, and either take them somewhere and turn'em loose (like some other area is in need of more racoons, invest in some welding gloves!) or take them into a garage or similar building and pop them in the head with a .22. Personally, I kinda like racoons and wouldn't bother them unless they were creating a problem. We have a small dog that likes to bark a lot, and I keep hoping he'll get eatin by some wild critter. I'm thinking about smearing him with bacon grease in hopes a coyote will wander by for a snack. Tractor Supply has lives traps.

Give us yer address. :ingo: is full of wild critters that crave bacon. Oh, yeah, put out a six pack. Problem solved.

p.s. Unintended consequences - You may have exchanged your dog/raccoon problem for a wild :ingo:'er problem.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    2 words....Peanutbutter...Claymore. Set your trip wire short enough and there wont be any evidence left. If the neighbors ask about the noise...tell them the mexican food gave you a lot of gas...BOOM!!!!! :D. ;). :)

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    One shot from a 22 short won't be noticed. But follow the three S's
    1) Shoot straight
    2) Shovel deep
    3) Shut your mouth
    A CCI CB short is very quiet. Half that of a .22 short.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    And no where in all of that jumbo does it say its completely illegal to fire a firearm in Marion County. Sure there are some restrictions, but not illegal like the original poster tried to claim.

Hence the reason I asked for the specific code.

Quote where I said "completely" illegal??? Then explain how you can twist discharging a firearm as being legal from the code as quoted below. Unless I am reading this incorrectly, section (a) pretty much says "everything" but the listed exceptions are illegal. :dunno:

Sec. 451-2. - Firearms generally.
    hyperlink.png

(a)
    Within the police special service district, it shall be unlawful for any person to fire off, shoot at another person or otherwise use any dangerous weapon for any purpose other than in defense of his life or the life of another person, or the protection of his property or property entrusted to him by another person, or for practice at a range under the supervision and operation of a governmental entity, or without the prior written approval of the department of public safety.
    (b)
    This section shall not apply to the United States Army, Navy or other armed forces, the National Guard, or to any duly constituted and authorized law enforcement and peace officer of any governmental unit, or to manufacturers and to repair facilities for testing purposes within a private range.

Sec. 451-3. - Discharge of weapons across public ways.
    hyperlink.png

It shall be unlawful to shoot across or upon any public street or place, or toward a public way from any private premises, any bullet, pellet, missile or object impelled from any gun, pistol or weapon operated by means of any explosive charge, or by springs, air pressure or other means, or impelled from a slingshot, or any other device having force directed by the user thereof.​

Sec. 451-6. - Discharge of weapons along or on reservoirs.
    hyperlink.png

(a)
    It shall be unlawful for any person, unless authorized by resolution of the Board of Directors of Citizens Energy Group, to discharge any firearms or other explosive devices, or to endanger others by the use of any weapon, article or device, along or upon any reservoir owned, controlled or leased by Citizens Energy Group located in Marion County.
    (b)
    The discharge of a firearm in the protection of life or property as permitted by IC 35-41-3-2 shall not be unlawful under this section.

:popcorn:

hoagyfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    theres always a live trap and they are great baited with just about anything...cheap dog food is what i use... not as fun as shooting but you are in indy proper and 5 o not very sympathetic...

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    We must not have any coon hunters on this site. There is a season for them. There is a season to run your dogs after them but you can't take one in that season. So yes you could get in trouble for taking a Raccoon out of season. Check your hunting book. If you know any one with a coon dog set him free on the coon. The coon will not come back. Life is to easy some place else away from that big set of teeth.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I don't know of anyone who ever did this but but I'm sure it would work without a hitch:

have a heart trap, baited with beggin strips (they smell stronger than bacon)

After you catch the thing put it in a 55gallon trash can(or similar) with 1 liter of 90%+ rubbing alcohol.

8 hours later, just dump it out of the trap into same trash can.

Very humane, goes to sleep and never wakes up.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Glad I live in Hancock County. Had a coon problem last summer. Called the Sheriff, they said it was a varmint and I could shoot it. Pulled my G19 one shot dead coon.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Crossbow or a perfect opportunity for that new compound bow. But crossbows ow days with scopes are a hell of a lot of fun. I would not trust your dog to do the deed, it will almost definitely get multiple bites, worry about rabies and so on. I've seen a few cases where dogs, good sized dogs like a Shepard got his ass handed to him by a possum.

Top Bottom