Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    :+1: Fort Wayne area! :D

OK, fine, call me a whore, but all I'm saying is, Fort Wayne and Terre Haute both work for me. So does pretty much else in between, though, so whatevskies.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Did you think I was kidding with my warning?

2di536q.png

If you cannot handle people pointing out what they perceive to be a dangerous practice (whether they're right or wrong) and discuss it like grown-ups, then don't post the pictures. Or, alternatively, you can leave. INGO is big enough now that we attract a LOT of attention. You guys don't see the linkbacks to other sites that the mods see, and some of that attention is NOT FLATTERING.

Accept criticism like a grown-up or you make gun owners in general and INGO in particular look like goobers and rednecks.

Just to clarify... is our PW shoot thread is making INGO look bad? Or, are you saying that as a general comment? Or, is it our skills (or lack of) that is bringing unflattering attention?

I'm just posing the question... I'm not trying to argue or anything. I'm just curious.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just to clarify... is our PW shoot thread is making INGO look bad? Or, are you saying that as a general comment? Or, is it our skills (or lack of) that is bringing unflattering attention?

I'm just posing the question... I'm not trying to argue or anything. I'm just curious.

No, I say it as a general statement. INGO members (yes, even the staff, although many people on INGO won't believe me) are your friends and associates. If you (not YOU, specifically) can't handle criticism from the people who are on your side and who want you to succeed, how will you handle it from the anti-gun people who want you to fail? These are people who won't bother coming onto INGO. They'll just link the threads on their own site and laugh about them there. Or worse, they'll use them as examples of why we need to have our Rights restricted.

I frequently hear the comment "You're a MOD! You should know better than to behave like that!" Well, yeah. In some cases, that's true and it's warranted, but at the same time, why does that just apply to mods? To reiterate what I said in my previous post, INGO is a lot bigger than it was in 2008 when we only had 500 members. We're pushing TEN THOUSAND members now. In the political world, that would be a significant lobbying group. With that many members, do you have any IDEA how easily we could get Indiana law changed? It's well-past time to think about how we represent gun owners to the rest of the world. The staff takes a lot of heat because we enforce certain rules here that are occasionally unpopular, but we also see how the rest of the world perceives us. Would you be interested to note that members on Stormfront (a site started by KKK members) call us racist? There are other things as well. Other threads full of fail that are linked to hostile outside sites.

Going back to the issue in the AAR, you had another INGO member (someone who is ON YOUR SIDE) point out something he thought was dangerous. It doesn't matter if he was right or wrong. While he could have been more tactful about it, he didn't deserve to be attacked for mentioning it. It should have been an opportunity to learn and to show the rest of the world that we're not goobers and rednecks.

Sorry to threadjack. I really don't want to continue this discussion in this thread (or at all, to tell you the truth). If anyone wants to discuss it further, though, please feel free to PM me.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    No, I say it as a general statement. INGO members (yes, even the staff, although many people on INGO won't believe me) are your friends and associates. If you (not YOU, specifically) can't handle criticism from the people who are on your side and who want you to succeed, how will you handle it from the anti-gun people who want you to fail? These are people who won't bother coming onto INGO. They'll just link the threads on their own site and laugh about them there. Or worse, they'll use them as examples of why we need to have our Rights restricted.

I frequently hear the comment "You're a MOD! You should know better than to behave like that!" Well, yeah. In some cases, that's true and it's warranted, but at the same time, why does that just apply to mods? To reiterate what I said in my previous post, INGO is a lot bigger than it was in 2008 when we only had 500 members. We're pushing TEN THOUSAND members now. In the political world, that would be a significant lobbying group. With that many members, do you have any IDEA how easily we could get Indiana law changed? It's well-past time to think about how we represent gun owners to the rest of the world. The staff takes a lot of heat because we enforce certain rules here that are occasionally unpopular, but we also see how the rest of the world perceives us. Would you be interested to note that members on Stormfront (a site started by KKK members) call us racist? There are other things as well. Other threads full of fail that are linked to hostile outside sites.

Going back to the issue in the AAR, you had another INGO member (someone who is ON YOUR SIDE) point out something he thought was dangerous. It doesn't matter if he was right or wrong. While he could have been more tactful about it, he didn't deserve to be attacked for mentioning it. It should have been an opportunity to learn and to show the rest of the world that we're not goobers and rednecks.

Sorry to threadjack. I really don't want to continue this discussion in this thread (or at all, to tell you the truth). If anyone wants to discuss it further, though, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks Scutter for the clarification.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Appreciate the explanation. PM inbound soon with extra questions.

To get back on track, we really need to come up with a place to shoot first. I've seen a couple interesting ideas, but considering this is going to be when the temps go down some, location should be what's easiest for the majority. I know that's easy for me to say living in the middle of the state, but I'm trying to keep everyone in mind here. I don't mind making another trip to Eville, but I'm sure HandK does. I also don't think it fair to the Eville guys to have to drive to South Bend or Ft. Wayne

That's why I suggested Riley or someone who lives closer to Terre Haute or maybe Richmond since they are close to an interstate and in the middle of the state. Bloomington area, Lafayette areas are also good secondary choices as well. Not really many good choices for Indy since Indy sucks. :p

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Closer to Indy or Plainfield area would be best, IMO. I'll be able to go this time then.

If there was ANYWHERE close to Plainfield that I could shoot rifle I'd be ON IT already. :):

Does anybody know .38 special?
    He has a pretty cool place.

Yea, but I'm not sure we could fit everyone down there and I don't know about rolling around on the ground down there. Not worried about getting dirty, but we'd have to clear out the ground first. :dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If there was ANYWHERE close to Plainfield that I could shoot rifle I'd be ON IT already. :):

Ya I think me and SE would have pounced on a local P-field range, times like this I wish I owned that 25 acres that I always wanted. Problem with that is I need the CASH to buy it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ya I think me and SE would have pounced on a local P-field range, times like this I wish I owned that 25 acres that I always wanted. Problem with that is I need the CASH to buy it.

Hey, there's enough of us in the area. If we all chip in on some land and you allow me to put a double wide on one acre, I'll build the range myself! :D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Isn't it only like 50yrds and $120 a year?

I don't know, I quit looking at it after I heard about the 3sec. rule, can only fire a round every 3secs.

My next firearm, and at the rate I'm saving that could be awhile, will be an AR in 9mm, so I can shot it at MCFG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom