• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Last four or five times this has happened at an Indiana college there weren't even any shots actually fired. I'll wait until this evening when the news actually reports the facts instead of conjecture.

Couldn't agree more. IIRC, the IUPUI incident awhile back was a student carrying a band instrument in its case.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Dad walks by there around the time this happened and have not heard from him. Anyone have any info on who was injured??

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I am going out on a limb and saying those are pictures of law enforcement responding.

Wouldn't they want to have some identifying clothing? Usually these events have a lot of LEOs from different jurisdictions. I would hate to get shot by someone that simply saw me with a gun and overreacted.

navy4422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Lafayette
    Wouldn't they want to have some identifying clothing? Usually these events have a lot of LEOs from different jurisdictions. I would hate to get shot by someone that simply saw me with a gun and overreacted.

If it is LE I would guess it was an off duty officer that got called in as quick as possible but again it may be a shooter just a lot of speculation

wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    West Lafayette/South Bend
    I was next door and outside minutes before anything happened. I hopped on the bus and as the bus went back by the building the police were already heading towards electrical engineering building. My friend lives across the street and took a picture of the first suspect being arrested. He also sent me pictures of an ambulance coming and a swat team getting there as well. I never thought getting up this morning that anything like this was going to happen.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville

I don't know that it is an LEO. But two pictures were posted and they are 2 different guys. Plus to me they appear to be securing a perimeter. Pure speculation is all.

As far as clothing not all LEO's were uniforms. Could be off duty, detective, or undercover and just got the call for assistance.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    WLFI is saying one person in custody and one person shot. Take that for what it's worth as speculation seems to take precedence over reporting these days.:dunno:

As far as clothing not all LEO's were uniforms. Could be off duty, detective, or undercover and just got the call for assistance.

If I were a LEO on scene for an active shooter situation, I would be well marked as such.

Top Bottom