• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On the way home, while doing my normal 'driving the speed limit or under', I noticed about SEVEN ISP MUSTANGS on I-465 with pulled over cars.

You have been warned.

cov-08indiana1.jpg

TheMustangNews.com - Indian State Police Mustangs

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They have lots of unmarked chargers now...a few marked ones as well. They are indeed using a pimped out Tahoe with 20's on it. Funny seeing that lit up with a uniformed Trooper driving it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    They always try to reap the benefits of the Speedway being open. Give out as many tickets as possible. That line about for our safety is BS. It's to generate $$$$. If it were for our safety why not give warnings or have tickets cost $10?

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    They always try to reap the benefits of the Speedway being open. Give out as many tickets as possible. That line about for our safety is BS. It's to generate $$$$. If it were for our safety why not give warnings or have tickets cost $10?

If Troopers only gave warnings or tickets cost $10 would it make you think twice about speeding?

AJB

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If tickets were 10.00 who would pay for our court system to operate?

My point was they say it's not for the revenue brought in but for our safety. If it's for our safety why are tickets well over $100 now. People will still speed. If I'm not mistaken traffic deaths have been down even though the speed limits were raised. I know a lot of it is b/c cars are safer now. A lot of you didn't have to suffer the agony of 55MPH speeds. Ugghhh.... Driving fast and driving wreckless are two different things. I try to drive for the road conditions, traffic, weather and time of day. Sometimes it faster, sometimes slower. Just IMHO. ;)

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Are they stopping Politicians, Bankers & Corp CEO's, I hear they have alot of money. My favorite is the extortion written all over the ticket and everything is $183.00, so much for the 8A.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Wow... rough problem..... seems one solution might be to drive the speed limit, and not worry about speeding tickets, quotas, pimp-mobiles, and like that.... might also eliminate the issue of whether to disclose if you have a gun in the vehicle or not.... oh, already figured that out? Works for me ... :)

Perhaps I'm just oversimplifying things... maybe 'cause I'm old....... sigh

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

These were ALL on the EAST SIDE of I-465.

The reason I post this is because I have never seen these Mustangs. They look nice, Shelbys? and this is the highest number of people pulled over at one time that I have ever seen.

Ha ha - can't get me for speeding!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If Troopers only gave warnings or tickets cost $10 would it make you think twice about speeding?

AJB

No one thinks twice. Everyone speeds. Spend a day with me and you'll see a dozen people try to occupy my backseat they tailgate so closely. Again, I might actually pass some cars that are driving on flat tires, or driver is 95+, but in general everybody speeds past me 100% of the time.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    These were ALL on the EAST SIDE of I-465.

The reason I post this is because I have never seen these Mustangs. They look nice, Shelbys? and this is the highest number of people pulled over at one time that I have ever seen.

Ha ha - can't get me for speeding!

They have had those a while now. I see em on 37 all the time. I think each Post got one to start. Sometimes they form up in Wolf Packs and set up speed traps. I've seen unmarked Crown Vics clocking ppl and then the Mustangs run em down.
    The troopers are always out in force all over when the big track events are going on.
    There are a lot of times when going the speed limit is more dangerous than speeding. With modern cars and good road conditions some of the speed limits are unrealistic.

Top Bottom