• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Granted lots of guys on here really seem to like the XBOX system, if I had to venture a guess as to why they'd rather play XBOX over a PS3 it would probably be because they like wearing wimminz pantiez.

As if you don't like the silky smooth feeling of some girly undies.:rolleyes:

I'll agree that the hardware is better(with the failure rate of the xbox, it's hard to argue), but disagree with everything else except the women's undies.

Unless you count the controller as part of the xbox hardware (I guess you have to), because it is FAR superior.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    In my basement besides a bunch of TVs (and kids):

2 PS2 consoles - good for racing games (not used much)
    1 XBox - good for shooting games (always on, but I have never played it)
    1 Wii - good for sports games (used some)
    1 Game Cube - good for adventure games (used as much as the Wii)
    1 Nintendo 64 - so old its now new to the kids
    Multiple iTouches, DSs, DSis, Game Boys, etc. etc.

I do not go into the basement if at all possible:(; the only system that I can take away that works for punishment is the Xbox (this is always on);). None of my kids have expressed any interest in the PS3 (they say it is best for DVDs):dunno:.

They recommend to get all the memory you can:yesway: (probably because there are multiple people storing stuff on it; package deals/bundles/Black Friday is the way to go.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    As if you don't like the silky smooth feeling of some girly undies.:rolleyes:

I'll agree that the hardware is better(with the failure rate of the xbox, it's hard to argue), but disagree with everything else except the women's undies.

Unless you count the controller as part of the xbox hardware (I guess you have to), because it is FAR superior.

That's a negative ghost rider, but you do look damn sexy wearing those silky panties.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    You were misinformed again.

ALL ps3's can play the old ps1 games, you can even download them online.

ONLY the FIRST GEN MODELS (no longer sold) can play ps2 games. They dropped support to help make the ps3 cheaper (which I think was epically retarded).

I was told today that the older model PS3 could play all the other PS games. And that the new model PS3 can only play the PS3 games.

I'm still unsure what one to get yet. I'm going to play with both at best buy and Walmart first.

I like the idea of the PS3 just because my brothers already have it. I can play their games, and they can come to my house and use my net for an all out war.

But it seems like the XBOX has a better online experience, and possibly better all around shoot-em-up games. But you have to pay-to-play online.

We'll see.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

ONLY the FIRST GEN MODELS (no longer sold) can play ps2 games. They dropped support to help make the ps3 cheaper (which I think was epically retarded).

WTH. You would think GameStop would be giving out more accurate information.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    WTH. You would think GameStop would be giving out more accurate information.

gamestop-gamestop-games-funny-antiwrathman-rape-demotivational-poster-1284390088.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I HATE going out on Black Friday. And I'm thinking the odds are very slim on finding any xbox's and ps3's after the crazy people do their thing.

I may get something tomorrow night....

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    XBOX360slim (newer models):
    PROS:
    -Great for FPS (like call of duty MW3 *cough MW1.7, or halo, or BF3)
    -A lot of people have it, so you will most likely have more friends online
    -Cross-game player chat (although there is some rumors recently, again, that ps3 will fix this)
    CONS:
    -slim model gets hot fast.... make sure you have open space around it
    -no blue ray player, so if you want one you also have to but a blue-ray player
    -pay to play online
    -lots of history of hardware problems
    -i like the idea of kinetic, but if something moves in the background that wasnt there before it gets messed up, hopefully that has been fixed
    PS3
    PROS:
    -not only getting gaming system, but one of the top rated blue ray players on the market, PS3 is awesome for more than just gaming, best bang for your buck when you see you dont have to buy other stuff along with the gaming system to have top of the line entertainment
    -AMAZING exclusives like Uncharted series, MGS4, Infamous 1&2, and God of War series, plus games like the new Batman, assassins creed series,and Skyrim are amazing on the too!!!
    -free online, but cannot cross-chat between games, yet (crossing fingers)
    -blue ray dics can store TONS more info and so exclusives will look and sound better than 360 games, but that isnt due to the systems, but the discs.
    -Not sure about the slim models, but you can replace the harddrive with any laptop harddrive so you will run out of room again
    -PS3 Move is really cool, and is at a 1:1 ratio in time with your movements.... some pretty cool games have come out for it too.
    CONS:
    -PS3 is not able to play old PS2 discs, but they now introduced PS2 clasics online where you can buy PS2 games, the library will grow with time. As well as PSx classics
    -cannot cross-chat
    -your friends might not have the game system to play online
    -FPS games are still really fun on PS3, but as others have said, FPS games feel better on 360
    -the system has been getting hacked, but there have been no confirmed reports of peoples credit card info being stolen, so once the month of no online was over they gave me 4 free games and 30 days of PS+... (kinda like xboxlive gold, but with a lot more free games that you can download), So basically I wasnt able to play online for a while and got a ton of free stuff for the "trouble"

Okay, so there are my views of PROS and CONS.... Now, my rant and opinion. Due to the types of games I play for consoles (uncharted, batman, assassins creed) I went with the PS3, I built a nice PC that I play BF3 and other "fun" FPSs on, so the XBOX360 was not for me anymore, it really sat there all the time, and when it was on, it was only to play online with friends on games i thought were pure remakes, that the only thing different was the story and some minor tweaks to them (CoD MW3 (MW1.7)). So the 360 didnt have anything appealing to me anymore so I plan on selling it in a month or so after my live expires.... oh... if you get the 360... dont use your credit card to pay for live.... i did because i didnt want to go to the store last year in the cold snow and they have an auto renew that you have to call into customer service, which took me 40 minutes to take care of. Sorry, just had to deal with all of this, so it is still fresh. lol

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Played on both and the PS3 is probably the better deal overall. The only thing I saw XBOX better at was the controller, and not having as many idiots playing multi player games. Sometimes the quality of open play with PS3 was just terrible, but it was free.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

ONLY the FIRST GEN MODELS (no longer sold) can play ps2 games.

Well, crap. So going with either system is going to mean abandoning all the stuff I've already got. I can live with that, but it sure doesn't make deciding between the two any easier!

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I HATE going out on Black Friday. And I'm thinking the odds are very slim on finding any xbox's and ps3's after the crazy people do their thing.

I may get something tomorrow night....

+1 to that. I am considering trying to get the Target $139 Xbox 360, but really worried that after standing for 2-3hrs in line that there will not be any left. My wife talked me into getting a Wii for more family friendly game play so I got rid of my original xbox almost 2 yrs back. I soo miss my xbox, I am a huge Halo fan. Walmart has the $199 Xbox 360 w/ the 250 hard drive plus 2 games, but still in the same boat with that deal of waiting....

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, crap. So going with either system is going to mean abandoning all the stuff I've already got. I can live with that, but it sure doesn't make deciding between the two any easier!

Tell me about it!

I guess you gotta decide how important online play is. Xbox seems to rule in that department. But it costs...

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I called GameStop. The guy told me that PS3's are prone to getting viruses from the net?

Although the PS3 network got hacked earlier this year, I don't think there is anything to worry about console wise. My son has never had a virus problem related to his PS3 or his Xbox 360.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    For those of you worried about getting your consoles on Black Friday, the stores will probably still have them because they are a bigger ticketed item. I bought my son's a couple years ago on Black Friday & the local places still had them even after the early, early sales. Of course the price was $299 then so maybe that made a small difference.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I guess you gotta decide how important online play is. Xbox seems to rule in that department. But it costs...

Not all that important. NONE of my PS2 games are online, of course. And I'm used to playing PC games online, which is free (absent the cost of my Internet connection), so I'd be loathe to pay something additional on top of that, just for the "privilege" of having to deal with kids, spawn-campers, and people calling me "n00b" in foreign languages. :):

I think I've just made up my mind...

Top Bottom