Proof that LAPD intentionally set the fire (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    You don't need x-ray vision... thermal imaging does a pretty dang good job, at least for living persons.

I am curious as to which thermal imaging system they used that is capable of seeing through walls and/or glass. So yes, they would have needed some Superman X-ray vision.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    At the 2:38 mark in the OP video someone says "on the 4 side remember your backdrops", so now they seem concerned about the backdrops. Are they implying that the officers should be aware of the backdrops when shooting?

I listened to some PC last night with a Fish & Game officer and he said they use an AR-15 that shoots a 308 cal. round. I thought was called an AR10? Maybe it's just a reference for the general public. But the point I thought was funny he said all his officers were well trained in the markmenship of the weapon because each officer has fired 350 rounds. I would think for "well trained" you would need more than that. Especially with multiple scenerios as moving targets and such.

Regardless of which side you are on, LAPD or Dorner, the fact is both sides are wrong in there actions.

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    At the 2:38 mark in the OP video someone says "on the 4 side remember your backdrops", so now they seem concerned about the backdrops. Are they implying that the officers should be aware of the backdrops when shooting?

I listened to some PC last night with a Fish & Game officer and he said they use an AR-15 that shoots a 308 cal. round. I thought was called an AR10? Maybe it's just a reference for the general public. But the point I thought was funny he said all his officers were well trained in the markmenship of the weapon because each officer has fired 350 rounds. I would think for "well trained" you would need more than that. Especially with multiple scenerios as moving targets and such.

Regardless of which side you are on, LAPD or Dorner, the fact is both sides are wrong in there actions.

Right, and being an expert also shouldnt be concluded at the point of 350 rounds fired against what we can only assume were stationary paper target in a contained shooting lane. Ridiculous.

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Ive seen the argument posted that the police were too aggressive and that he deserved due process, but as long as they identified that the target was in there and was by himself, I really dont have a problem with the tactics used. I see the other side of the coin, but he did kill a fellow officer and had more than proved his willingness to kill. Take him out.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Exactly...When you have it completely surrounded. Why rush it more than the hundreds of other "pinned down" situations where suspects are finally cornered? How are all these other situations that happen yearly done correctly, but this one is torched to the ground like Waco?

To me it shows that they want him dead, not alive. For what reason, we'll most likely never know now, if that was him in there. Like I said earlier, I'm not a conspiracy theory kinda guy, but there's definitely something fishy going on in this situation.

He was publicly asked multiple times over the past few days to turn himself in. He chose not to.

When San Bernardino deputies attempted to capture him his response was to murder someone else and critically injure another.

Let's say you're a LEO. I don't know if you really are, but let's just say. You're in charge and two of your officers have been shot already, two more of your officers are shot while doing their job, and he runs into a house. You don't know any information on if he has someone in there or not, but you assume he's alone. Are you going to torch the house, or wait him out? Keep in mind, you've already waited a week for him to turn himself in, much like those other fugitives that have been on the run for days, weeks, months, and years. What makes him different from all the other fugitives? He shot 4 cops plus 2 civilians, you say? What about John Allen Muhammed? He killed at least 10 people, injured at lest 14 more. That's four times as many people. They asked him to stop and turn himself in for at least a month. When they found his car, they didn't shoot it up. They didn't burn it down, they waited and took him alive. He stood trial. In your opinion what makes one murderer different from others?

and who told you all this again?

Because so far, I have been watching this on several different channels for days while we are slow at work and not one of them have came even close to having identical facts or timelines in their broadcasts. Even the "officials" they interview give different versions of events.

As far as publicly being asked to turn yourself in I will go back to my earlier statement...Who of us would voluntarily give ourselves up after watching cops shooting innocent civilians that sort of looked like us without regard to public safety and investigation? Especially if you mix the adrenaline from the heat of the chase in with everything. I know I would certainly hesitate to walk out to a cop with my hands up all trusting like.

I know I wouldn't. They're shooting people that don't match my description at all while looking for me, I'm not coming out to the cops. I match my description so I know they'll put bullets in me too.

Less doubt, more....it's not my place to judge or analyze it.... (again, I'm no fan of his at this point.)

Its the jury's, of which he will never query because someone allegedly burned him alive in a gross form of cruel and unusual punishment for crimes he had not been convicted of through due process.

The manifesto has had no chance of being authenticated through investigation and court proceedings and to try this man now through the media's screwed looking glass is wrong. That is all I am saying.

If he committed suicide that's one thing, but if he was burned alive, that's another entirely. Either way, if this was him in the cabin, he'll get no trial. LAPD is reopening the case of his firing, and if it's determined that he was wrongfully terminated that is going to show that he wasn't as crazy as some people thought. Was he crazy? He killed people, so yes. Was he paranoid? We'll find out.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You don't need x-ray vision... thermal imaging does a pretty dang good job, at least for living persons.
    A good job at seeing through walls and windows? What thermal are you using?
    Nothing is 100% perfect, but if the imagining equipment is working properly, there a ridiculously low margin of error. A human body is pretty easy to identify with such tools.
    Not through walls and windows, and even so, "ridiculously low margin of error" is BS. I've used thermal imaging devices that our most elite military units use, cost 5 & 6 figures, and they still leave a lot of margin for error. Sure, I could identify if there is a human, but it would be more challenging to tell how many if there were multiples standing close together, especially at ranges I would consider reasonably safe in such a standoff situation. There is no "identifying" anything. You can merely tell if there is a warm body present.

Can I ask you a serious question? What unit are you implying they used to identify the number of people in the cabin through the walls etc. And what unit have you personally used that has this capability?
    I am curious as to which thermal imaging system they used that is capable of seeing through walls and/or glass. So yes, they would have needed some Superman X-ray vision.
    This ^^^^

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ive seen the argument posted that the police were too aggressive and that he deserved due process, but as long as they identified that the target was in there and was by himself, I really dont have a problem with the tactics used. I see the other side of the coin, but he did kill a fellow officer and had more than proved his willingness to kill. Take him out.
    I understand the human nature part of that, but what about the professionalism?

Let's change the scenario a bit. Let's say he was found unconscious after one of his car crashes (that may be another area LAPD needs some remedial training). Would the officers have been ok to "take him out" in that situation?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    LAPD is reopening the case of his firing, and if it's determined that he was wrongfully terminated...
    Um... of all the possible scenarios, that is NOT going to happen. :)

They'll do a full investigation and find that all the processes and procedures were followed, or some variation of that.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland

WTF???? This Lt. actually said this?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"At a hastily-called news conference, LAPD Lt. Joseph Fryday said officers were following up on a tip that “a suspicious van was driving around Los Angeles, with Dave Brubeck music blasting from it at a high volume....................... “If anything, this latest shooting demonstrates just how dedicated police across the state are to bringing Christopher Dorner to justice for the crimes he has committed,” Fryday said.
    The public should be assured that we are doing everything we can to capture Christopher Dorner, even if it means shooting at every car and every person in California.”

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    :wow: That shows a lot about LAPD. I'm going to check every wanted felon's Facebook and avoid their favorite music genres. Because he like the music that was playing, they lit the van up and injured 3 more? That makes the score Dorner 6 - LAPD at least 5 plus a few vehicles and a house. Why again are people coming to LAPD's defense?

Ironically, Dorner's "end" (assuming that is his body) revealed quite a bit about the level of professionalism in LAPD... the same level of professionalism that he alleged in his manifesto in some ways.

LAPD basically helped him make his case that things are f'd up out there.
    LAPD wasn't on that call. San Bernardino County Sheriffs and California Highway Patrol are the ones I heard that were involved.

It's amazing how many on this forum only have concern for 2A rights. There was no good reason for LE to torch this cabin except to act as judge, jury and executioner to extract revenge against a person they believed to be in the building. All of the random shootings, illegal armed searches and the torching of the cabin amount to a suspension of civil rights toward the public at large and acts of domestic terrorism on the part of LE. There is some underlying reason for the LE frenzy that took place and the evidence available right now suggests that there was never any real intention to take Dorner alive.

Tried to rep you, but I have apparently given out too much already.

Have they turned themselves in for attempted manslaughter?

As far as I've heard, no. So LAPD should be shooting at them when they see them also, amidoinitrite?

So, because he killed a few people, you're okay with him being burned alive? I sincerely hope either you're joking or you're not LE. Preferably both with that statement.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Um... of all the possible scenarios, that is NOT going to happen. :)

They'll do a full investigation and find that all the processes and procedures were followed, or some variation of that.

Maybe I should have bolded the if. I'm pretty sure LAPD, at this point, will do whatever it takes to save face. Even though, I don't think they could do that.

I'm appalled at the Police for burning this man out :xmad: when

Drone Strikes are Obama Approved :rolleyes:

He had approved drone use for searching for him. Would have been "justified" too because LAPD labeled him a "domestic terrorist." In my opinion, they were too quick to label him a terrorist, making it "okay" to use lethal force when found. If he had not killed any LEOs, he would have been a murder suspect and would have most likely been apprehended. However, because he killed two of their own, he was labeled a terrorist so they had more options of bringing him down and not bringing him in.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    A good job at seeing through walls and windows? What thermal are you using?

Not through walls and windows, and even so, "ridiculously low margin of error" is BS. I've used thermal imaging devices that our most elite military units use, cost 5 & 6 figures, and they still leave a lot of margin for error. Sure, I could identify if there is a human, but it would be more challenging to tell how many if there were multiples standing close together, especially at ranges I would consider reasonably safe in such a standoff situation. There is no "identifying" anything. You can merely tell if there is a warm body present.

Can I ask you a serious question? What unit are you implying they used to identify the number of people in the cabin through the walls etc. And what unit have you personally used that has this capability?

This ^^^^

I see, based on your location, that we may have some mutual friends. :):

"At a hastily-called news conference, LAPD Lt. Joseph Fryday said officers were following up on a tip that “a suspicious van was driving around Los Angeles, with Dave Brubeck music blasting from it at a high volume....................... “If anything, this latest shooting demonstrates just how dedicated police across the state are to bringing Christopher Dorner to justice for the crimes he has committed,” Fryday said.
    The public should be assured that we are doing everything we can to capture Christopher Dorner, even if it means shooting at every car and every person in California.”

Whoa Whoa Dude, crank it back down below 11. The article was writen in purple, didn't you notice that?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

:hooked:

Top Bottom