Proof that LAPD intentionally set the fire (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Do you have inside information? Or just stating your opinion...as I was?

You feel my opinion that every U.S. citizen deserves the right to Due Process as guaranteed to them by the constitution is wrong?

Tell me again how much you hate your rights.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There are some on here who should volunteer to take down the next one of these suspected mass murders so they can be arrested and given a fair trial. There are probably some suspected terrorist American citizens in foreign lands who would benefit, as well.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville

Because then it will help prove the point that people want Dorner dead so he can't speak about anything. I do think what he did was wrong but it would be nice to hear his side of the story. Seems fishy to me that they were shooting at civilians that sort of matched his description.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'd read many of the posts on this subject this morning after reading the news last night.

My question to LAPD - what's the rush? You think you've got him. Back off. Establish a perimeter. Shut off electricity, water, and gas to the cabin. He's not going anywhere. It's just a matter of time. Either he comes out later half starved, dehydrated, etc. Or you get to shoot him anyway. Avoids the further destruction of private property and further questions about LAPD's methods, ethics, etc.

No, in both this case and Waco - something just doesn't smell right. Whether true or not, many get the sense that law enforcement is just covering it's own butt. This leads to a further erosion of trust in law enforcement, reinforces an "us vs. them" mentality, and in the long run - isn't good for any of us.

Sure, burning the place down is more tactically expedient, but this isn't war, and LAPD isn't the military.

This is civilian policing (or supposed to be).

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I was referencing the doubt you cast concerning the manifesto. Nice try, though.

Less doubt, more....it's not my place to judge or analyze it.... (again, I'm no fan of his at this point.)

Its the jury's, of which he will never query because someone allegedly burned him alive in a gross form of cruel and unusual punishment for crimes he had not been convicted of through due process.

The manifesto has had no chance of being authenticated through investigation and court proceedings and to try this man now through the media's screwed looking glass is wrong. That is all I am saying.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just before 5 p.m., authorities smashed the cabin's windows, pumped in tear gas and called for the suspect to surrender. They got no response, officials said. Then, using a demolition vehicle, they tore down the cabin's walls one by one. By the time they got to the last wall, authorities heard a single gunshot, a source said.

I'd like to contrast this with the hostage situation in Utah (or wherever that was) with the guy who grabbed the kid off the school bus. They waited a week or so, right? He ended up dead, but it was only AFTER a conscious effort was made to end it without casualties.

As has been stated elsewhere, that was never a goal in this expedition.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I'd read many of the posts on this subject this morning after reading the news last night.

My question to LAPD - what's the rush? You think you've got him. Back off. Establish a perimeter. Shut off electricity, water, and gas to the cabin. He's not going anywhere. It's just a matter of time. Either he comes out later half starved, dehydrated, etc. Or you get to shoot him anyway. Avoids the further destruction of private property and further questions about LAPD's methods, ethics, etc.

No, in both this case and Waco - something just doesn't smell right. Whether true or not, many get the sense that law enforcement is just covering it's own butt. This leads to a further erosion of trust in law enforcement, reinforces an "us vs. them" mentality, and in the long run - isn't good for any of us.

Exactly...When you have it completely surrounded. Why rush it more than the hundreds of other "pinned down" situations where suspects are finally cornered? How are all these other situations that happen yearly done correctly, but this one is torched to the ground like Waco?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Its the jury's, of which he will never query because someone allegedly burned him alive in a gross form of cruel and unusual punishment for crimes he had not been convicted of through due process.
    He was publicly asked multiple times over the past few days to turn himself in. He chose not to.

When San Bernadino deputies attempted to capture him his response was to murder someone else and critically injure another.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    There are some on here who should volunteer to take down the next one of these suspected mass murders so they can be arrested and given a fair trial.

I do not make any assumptions about how dangerous it is to be a police officer. It is a dangerous, thankless job. It is also one I already know I don't have the stones to partake in. However, that does not mean that I cannot, as a citizen subject to their actions, still question the motives of what they do on occasion. Sometimes, I find that they acted reasonably. Here, they burned down a building in which they did not 100% for sure know the suspect was in. That to me, is a little off.

There are probably some suspected terrorist American citizens in foreign lands who would benefit, as well.

Apples and oranges. If you have turned terrorist and and in a foreign country, I don't consider the same rules to apply. War is war, and you have become a warrior, if nothing else for the other side. You thus play by a warriors rules, not a civilians.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    He was publicly asked multiple times over the past few days to turn himself in. He chose not to.

When San Bernadino deputies attempted to capture him his response was to murder someone else and critically injure another.

and who told you all this again?

Because so far, I have been watching this on several different channels for days while we are slow at work and not one of them have came even close to having identical facts or timelines in their broadcasts. Even the "officials" they interview give different versions of events.

As far as publicly being asked to turn yourself in I will go back to my earlier statement...Who of us would voluntarily give ourselves up after watching cops shooting innocent civilians that sort of looked like us without regard to public safety and investigation? Especially if you mix the adrenaline from the heat of the chase in with everything. I know I would certainly hesitate to walk out to a cop with my hands up all trusting like.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom

Did you forget there was a State of the Union Address that needed the air time?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ironically, Dorner's "end" (assuming that is his body) revealed quite a bit about the level of professionalism in LAPD... the same level of professionalism that he alleged in his manifesto in some ways.

LAPD basically helped him make his case that things are f'd up out there.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It's amazing how many on this forum only have concern for 2A rights. There was no good reason for LE to torch this cabin except to act as judge, jury and executioner to extract revenge against a person they believed to be in the building. All of the random shootings, illegal armed searches and the torching of the cabin amount to a suspension of civil rights toward the public at large and acts of domestic terrorism on the part of LE. There is some underlying reason for the LE frenzy that took place and the evidence available right now suggests that there was never any real intention to take Dorner alive.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I guess they're just making up the dead cop. His wife will be disappointed to learn she won't be collection LOD death benefits.

So being on the run for reasons no one is clear on yet and being chased by cops who are shooting anyone that looks like you makes it all gravy to give up your instincts for self preservation? I can't imagine anyone wanting to fire back at someone shooting at you, right?

(Not saying the cops shot first, I'm merely pointing out WE JUST DON'T KNOW because of LAPD and other departments lack of intention from the get go to bring in the suspect alive. How are any of us informed enough to not have a shread of doubt to what is being presented to us differently in all media outlets?)

Top Bottom