Problems with gemtech customer service? Where's my can!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    One week later, still nothing. Called again just now. They refused to give me contact for the owners, president, or vice president. They are not authorized to give out emails or phone numbers for their office. I told them I need a call back by upper management by tomorrow at noon EST or I'm getting the ATF involved. What good that will do, I don't know. But I'd imagine some... At what point does someone say, "oh crap, we need to handle this!". Well, that's been been said 4-5 times. At what point, does it get handled...

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I don't think ATF will be any help. Now a certified letter from an attorney informing them that they are scheduled to appear in small claims court...

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    One week later, still nothing. Called again just now. They refused to give me contact for the owners, president, or vice presidents. They are not authorized to give out emails or phone numbers for their office. I told them I need a call back by upper management by tomorrow at noon EST or I'm getting the ATF involved. What good that will do, I don't know. But I'd imagine some... At what point does someone say, "oh crap, we need to handle this!". Well, that's been been said 4-5 times. At what point, does it get handled...

You sir, have more patience and bearing than probably 99% of America. Good on you for that, but this situation is rediculous. Its definitely time to bring in a third party.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I went ahead and emailed ATF, unlikely the person to contact, but I nicely explained if it doesn't concern or involve them, it's of no issue. I can move forward with other routes I guess...

Oh, and Facebook messaged Greg Latka, president of Gemtech, because they would not give out his contact information. You never know, he may not be aware of this. :laugh:

Last edited:

lordt313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Bonita Springs, FL
    I messaged Gemtech on facebook about a week ago to try and stir up some help but this was the response I received:

7367485512_9fc2b0589e.jpg

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Their actions belie their words.

More than agreed. Just last week, I directly told the manager I spoke with "Understand when I tell you, I've been told this time and I time again. I know you said it'll be out in a week, but I will call again if I havn't heard back in another week..."

Of course, heard from nobody which sparked my phone call again yesterday. 2 hours until noon and... I'm just more frustrated. :xmad:

I messaged Gemtech on facebook about a week ago to try and stir up some help but this was the response I received:

7367485512_9fc2b0589e.jpg

And thanks for doing that. They have no problem openly admitting error on the forum or facebook, but have a severe issue returning and effing phone call.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Agreed. And again I hope you get this worked out Goodcat, its like waiting on the stamp twice.

Except every 1 to 2 weeks you are told that the examiner approved it. :laugh: Took 60 days for this approval. This arrived with Gemtech Feb 9th....

Oh I don't care if anyone is getting tired of reading about this, I'll keep posting until I have a property back. :): Hoping this thread will do some good... Because obviously nothing else has.

Last edited:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Except every 1 to 2 weeks you are told that the examiner approved it. :laugh: Took 60 days for this approval. This arrived with Gemtech Feb 9th....

Oh I don't care if anyone is getting tired of reading about this, I'll keep posting until I have a property back. :): Hoping this thread will do some good... Because obviously nothing else has.

please keep the thread updated. So when people do search the forum about Gemtech they can have the whole story.

Hope you get this resolved.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Received my first phone call back, yay! It was a from a new CEO who was updated on the situation and after last night, read through and further understood the severity. We chatted for about 15 minutes and FINALLY, I feel someone really understands and made no excuses... Sounds like every time a 4-6 week hump in the road happened, everyone was scared and unprofessionally lied or didn't call me back, which of course he had no excuses for, but is working to address these issues in the way the business operates on top of personally handling this situation. He is keeping me updated personally and will be calling me back this Friday when he arrives back at the office, wants to personally check out my can instead of getting updates from anyone else and gave me his personal cell phone number so I can be in direct contact with him.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That sounds more like the customer service that Gemtech has been known for. Let's hope they've finally gotten it under control.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Let's hope! The Tirant is getting expensive to feed and I don't want to run .22 through it. Though reloading has become an addition now that I load subsonic at less than $10 a box! Problem with reloading while you have a can, you never want to make $4/50 cheap 115gr lead rounds because you never want to shoot unsuppressed! :)

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Tom, new CEO of Gemtech called today as promised. He had my suppressor in his hand and is putting it in the mail today.

Top Bottom