Problems with gemtech customer service? Where's my can!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I know they've been prepping for a show in Seattle this week, that may have something to do with it.

Prepping for more sales while a current owner is still in limbo? So busy a phone call that was promised can't be made? No offense, but that's exactly what I expected them to be doing. Hence, they won't be getting my business.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Prepping for a show is an explanation for getting back a few days late or responding late if this just came up, not the entire situation that unfolded over three months. The last few emails I sent, one requesting to be contacted by a manager or get an email for this other factory, where never responded to, to date.

Regardless, the most important CS rule I've learned is that the customer does not care who, why, where or when, they just want it taken care of.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If an "all-hands" meeting didn't even warrant a proper follow-up email, I'm not too keen on Gemtech anymore. Especially when you consider their lack of response that supposedly was the reason for the meeting. That sound you hear is me (& probably many other INGOers) scratching Gemtech off the consideration list. Too bad. A simple follow through at any point could have prevented this.
    I cant speak on goodhands situation but i do know I had great CS from GT when I send my Outback to be upgraded. That being said I really havent heard of a instance like this before from the multiple forums i lurk around. Im sure if I was in goodcats shoes I would be disappointed like everyone else would.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Regardless, the most important CS rule I've learned is that the customer does not care who, why, where or when, they just want it taken care of.

The lack of a phone call is really puzzling. I would have expected: "Hey, we saw your thread. We didn't realize there was an issue. We'll discuss it in our all-hands meeting today, figure out what the issue is and how to fix it, and call you back this afternoon or tomorrow morning, ok? Here's my direct number in case we miss contact again."

Gemtech's always had good service and they know this is a very public PR issue, so I can't imagine why you've been left hanging for an additional five days with no response.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Update??????

Yes sir. Update is.... No update. Lame.:dunno:

BTW I'm keeping the front page updated with.. well... no updates as of now on how the situation is being handled. Pretty lame if you ask me, and many others I'm sure at this point.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    While I just did buy a threaded barrel from GemTech for my SIG (mainly because they seemed to be the only game in town for those), this thread has honestly convinced me to exclude GemTech from the list of possible manufacturers for the next suppressor I'm planning on purchasing. Especially when I compare it to other vendors, like the guys at Hunterstown who are pretty frequent posters on this forum and generally quick to answer questions.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've had good luck with AAC, but will be making my next purchase through Huntertown Arms to support local.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    -UPDATE: looks like it's been three weeks from my original post, still nothing. I'm emailing them again

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    They did not respond to my email, it's been a full business day... I'll try calling again today.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Greg Latka - President
    Kel Whelan - Vice President
    Phn: 208.939.7222

It's well-past time to escalate your complaint. Why are you e-mailing them or calling customer service when you should be calling the owner or president directly? The company is pretty small, but apparently it's not small enough for them to know or care about your problem.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I called and spoke with a supervisor today. He was very nice and assured me it was on the brink end, as the end cap was finished. Of course I've heard this before, along with hearing nothing of course. I'll give it another week before calling the president.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Assurances mean very little at this point. I think you ought to call him today and ask him why you've been unable to get a satisfactory response when you've been "assured" multiple times that you'd be contacted. Even if you get your can today, by your own admission Gemtech has already lost any further business from you and he needs to hear about it so that he can fix whatever is broken within his organization.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Assurances mean very little at this point. I think you ought to call him today and ask him why you've been unable to get a satisfactory response when you've been "assured" multiple times that you'd be contacted. Even if you get your can today, by your own admission Gemtech has already lost any further business from you and he needs to hear about it so that he can fix whatever is broken within his organization.

This^

A call to the president is in order. Not so much to gripe and whine but to let the folks in charge know of a serious problem in their company. As a manager of a company, I would dread getting a phone call such as yours but in the big picture it helps to provide better customer support in the future. There is obviously a problem in their system that needs fixed and unless he hears of it first hand, it won't get fixed.

A gemtech can has been on my short list for a while now and your experience has me looking else where. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. Any way good luck and keep us posted.

Top Bottom