• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How quickly we Americans forget that in all likelihood we owe our independence from the British to the French. :cheers: :patriot:

:patriot:

INGO Thread ROE #1: Once a thread has gone off the rails, the OP has less than 24 hrs or 5 posts (whichever comes first) to get it back on track.

By failing to do so in this case, OP has officially lost controlling interest and even if updated, it's topic will forever be Viva La France', or what can you get for a can of Pringles, whichever you prefer. :D

flag-France.gif

lol people must be so lost with the Pringles comments now. :):

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    It's actually not "woodland" but "centre europe" camo.

That's what all the French troops wear in Afghanistan.Not the the entire country is made of desert and they are actually often in the mountains.

Here in Normandy where I live you wouldn't hear any jokes about the US military.We have the utmost respects for them since we have thousands of US soldiers buried on our soil.
    I actually pay my respects to them each year by visiting the different war cemeteries of the region.
    I, for one, REALLY appreciate that! THANK YOU !!!! :patriot:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Here in Normandy where I live you wouldn't hear any jokes about the US military.We have the utmost respects for them since we have thousands of US soldiers buried on our soil.
    I actually pay my respects to them each year by visiting the different war cemeteries of the region.

In the late 80's, I was a part of the 3rd Infantry Div Honor Guard, tasked to perform a Memorial Day Ceremony at the US Cemetary in Epinal (I'm not completely sure of the spelling, so please forgive if I've muffed it) After the actual ceremony that day, we then were invited to a small town nearby, the name escapes me at the moment, because the town was re-naming a street after one of the US Soldiers who was involved in the liberation of the city. As we marched down that street (Rue d'Duffy was to be its new name) many of the older residents were in tears. One older gentleman, I'd say he was in his 70's, wanted to shake all of our hands, which he did, then proclaimed that his tears were tears of joy. Stating the last time he saw a formation of US Troops march on that street was the day the Germans fled.
    I must admit, a small dust storm kicked up at that instant and I got some in my eyes, as did many of my guys. It was a moment in my lifetime I will remember forever. I was very humbled by the sacrifices made by those who came before me, and very apprciative of the Honor bestowed on them by that little town that day.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    In the late 80's, I was a part of the 3rd Infantry Div Honor Guard, tasked to perform a Memorial Day Ceremony at the US Cemetary in Epinal (I'm not completely sure of the spelling, so please forgive if I've muffed it) After the actual ceremony that day, we then were invited to a small town nearby, the name escapes me at the moment, because the town was re-naming a street after one of the US Soldiers who was involved in the liberation of the city. As we marched down that street (Rue d'Duffy was to be its new name) many of the older residents were in tears. One older gentleman, I'd say he was in his 70's, wanted to shake all of our hands, which he did, then proclaimed that his tears were tears of joy. Stating the last time he saw a formation of US Troops march on that street was the day the Germans fled.
    I must admit, a small dust storm kicked up at that instant and I got some in my eyes, as did many of my guys. It was a moment in my lifetime I will remember forever. I was very humbled by the sacrifices made by those who came before me, and very apprciative of the Honor bestowed on them by that little town that day.
    This is a great story and I thank you for your service.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Hey guys, just got back from LA around 6:00 tonight. So obviously nothing was done today. Tomorrow I have finals for school, and depending on what my work schedule looks like may or may not be able to make it down to EPD.

At the very least, I should be able to field a phone call to see if they will allow me to come down and get the signed application to send it off. If they refuse me that, than I will take her birth certificate, and passport down there to prove this to them.

Either way, I doubt I will be pleased with the outcome. Sorry I dropped off the map there, I thought I posted something about going down to Louisiana for a few days. But any who, now I am back.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Hey guys, just got back from LA around 6:00 tonight. So obviously nothing was done today. Tomorrow I have finals for school, and depending on what my work schedule looks like may or may not be able to make it down to EPD.

At the very least, I should be able to field a phone call to see if they will allow me to come down and get the signed application to send it off. If they refuse me that, than I will take her birth certificate, and passport down there to prove this to them.

Either way, I doubt I will be pleased with the outcome. Sorry I dropped off the map there, I thought I posted something about going down to Louisiana for a few days. But any who, now I am back.
    I think ypou are making a mistake complying with their ilillegal procedures. Do what is required by law and if they refuse gey Guy to help in a lcivil suit. That way when they have to pay up it will be them buying you and your girl friend your new guns.

By the way, I was not born in the US, I am not a citizen nor a permanent resident and I legally have my LTCH.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I think ypou are making a mistake complying with their ilillegal procedures. Do what is required by law and if they refuse gey Guy to help in a lcivil suit. That way when they have to pay up it will be them buying you and your girl friend your new guns.

By the way, I was not born in the US, I am not a citizen nor a permanent resident and I legally have my LTCH.

THIS!!!!

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    Interesting story.....kinda on topic too <Shock> but look up the battle of Athen TN, August 1946 to see what (should) happen to corrupt local governments. There is a YouTube on it...this is a true story! GI's had returned from WW2 to a mess of local Tennessee govt, and they JUST had put their lives on the line for this country, the ideal of freedom, for a republic form of constitutional government. Bad cops got in the way of an honest ballot......

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Alright, sorry to leave you all hanging. The only time I have really been around my laptop was when it is under my bed and I am sleeping. Between work, and christmas shopping I haven't had alot of time, and just forgot about this thread.

I went down to the PD Tuesday. I had a folder with her Dads dd-214, her birth certificate, and her passport. I walked over to the front desk, where a new lady was sitting. I haven't seen her before. Here's what happened..

M: Hi, I have to speak to the lady in charge of LTCH.
    H: She's out for the day, can I help?
    M: I have Emily Killians birth certificate, Passport, and her dads dd-214.
    H: Why?
    M: I was told I have to bring them in to prove her citizenship because she wasn't born in America.
    H: No, who told you that?
    M: The lady in charge of handling these.
    H: Well, let me photo copy those, and I'll be right back.
    M: Ok. Can you tell the lady to call Emily when this gets done?
    H: Sure

Waiting..

Waiting..

Am I building anticipation?

H: Here ya go, and I put all that on top of her desk with a note to let her know when she gets to it.
    M: Thanks.

That was it, a day later Emily got her call, the lady said it was sent up to ISP for approval and apologized for any inconvenience. She said this way Homeland Security won't want to investigate her application further.

I just rolled my eyes and told Emily "What ever she says. It's over. Now the wait begins." Then we went out to Olive Garden.

So here we are, waiting.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    You need to call ISP Firearms Licensing Division and let them know that Evansville is putting their own restrictions on the LTCH procedure again. They've already been smacked down once by ISP for doing this.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Olive Garden in Evansville is OC friendly, good choice.

We tend to frequent places that have said something positive about OC.

A few months ago the manager walked past our table, asked if everything was ok, and told me thanks for carrying. So we go back, and contribute to their business.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Nothing really to add except those who know me know I'm a foreigner ;)

My LTCH was approved within about 2 weeks (L1). I'm a legal alien with a green card. Nothing was ever mentioned about it. All I needed was my IN DL (which at that point I'd had for a few weeks).

In order to get an IN DL you have to prove so many bloody things about your legal status that the ISP know you're here legally, or not.

And yes, we Brits hate the French, the Yanks and the Scots in equal measure ;)

Top Bottom