• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I have the PA Micro on my AR and it's holding up well. I took it out on the 4th of July and impressed my friends again.

I also have the PA QD mount and it's held up nice and tight.

For me, all of this for a little over a $100 is pretty awesome.

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I got my PA M4 in June of 2010. I've put ~500rds of .223/5.56 and a few hundred 22lr with a conversion through my Stag carbine since it was mounted. Its held zero and seems sturdy enough...until I took a look at it this morning after reading this thread...

IMG_4232.jpg

I dont know if this happened when shooting (and I just didnt notice???) or if it just fell loose sitting in the safe. I can't seem to get the ring that came loose to move but it has definetly come out of its groove and it at least partially blocks the field of view. It looks that it will only get worse as it could come further out of its grove moving around in the sight body and block even more of the field of view.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I got my PA M4 in June of 2010. I've put ~500rds of .223/5.56 and a few hundred 22lr with a conversion through my Stag carbine since it was mounted. Its held zero and seems sturdy enough...until I took a look at it this morning after reading this thread...

IMG_4232.jpg

I dont know if this happened when shooting (and I just didnt notice???) or if it just fell loose sitting in the safe. I can't seem to get the ring that came loose to move but it has definetly come out of its groove and it at least partially blocks the field of view. It looks that it will only get worse as it could come further out of its grove moving around in the sight body and block even more of the field of view.

You should contact Marshall at PA. I hear they have excellent customer service and from checking out his subforum at AR15.com it appears to be true as I've seen him replace sights that have had issues even beyond warranty period.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I can't really comment on the aimpoint clones, but I've got one of the PA green-dot reflex sights on top of a GSG M1911 (.22lr). Only run maybe 300 rounds through but it seems to be holding zero just fine, and it's mounted on the slide with a Burris Fastfire Novak mount, so it's being bounced around a bit.

The only problem I have with mine is the green dot is a little "starry" I guess you could say, not a crisp sharp dot, and same problem in dim or bright light.

I know it's a diffferent sight, but speaks to overall quality.

Last edited:

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    do this and then let us know how it goes.

I already did leave a message on their "contact us" link on thier website. I didnt ask for a new sight, but I did explain what happened and offered to send them pictures if they request.

Just ticks me off a bit...I havent shot the rifle since February and who knows when that ring came loose...and my warranty was up just last month.

PA is known for good customer service and they do have a good reputation for quality sights...we'll see what they say.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I already did leave a message on their "contact us" link on thier website. I didnt ask for a new sight, but I did explain what happened and offered to send them pictures if they request.

Just ticks me off a bit...I havent shot the rifle since February and who knows when that ring came loose...and my warranty was up just last month.

PA is known for good customer service and they do have a good reputation for quality sights...we'll see what they say.

I'll definitely be interested to hear how he treats you as I'm interested in a PA sight for my AR as well as when I pick up a 15-22.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a micro on an AK. Haven't shot it much but seems to be holding up well. Doesn't co-witness as I would like, but still does its job.

Have an M4 dot on an AR. Have put more rounds thru it. Co-witness perfectly. Holds zero so far.

Picked up an M3 red dot. Thinking about moving it to the AR because of the battery difference. Haven't mounted it yet so no reports besides the dot comes on.

zspeed130

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Indy, South side
    I am sure this has been said, but with the cost of ammo and limitations on many gun ranges this seems like the perfect fit for a 22lr AR trainer.I have a tac sol upper on a DS lower and can't see dropping the coin on a real aimpoint for the realistic training. Think I will pick one up.

Z

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I am sure this has been said, but with the cost of ammo and limitations on many gun ranges this seems like the perfect fit for a 22lr AR trainer.I have a tac sol upper on a DS lower and can't see dropping the coin on a real aimpoint for the realistic training. Think I will pick one up.

Z

I did just that for the same reason you mentioned. So far it has worked just fine. The cowitness isn't perfect but it will do. (I don't have a BUIS on it in the pic)

P1040358.jpg

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis

IMG_4232.jpg

Got a call from Geoff at Primary Arms today. He said that they couldnt find anything wrong with the sight. I told him of the issue and he said he and some others at PA looked at it and couldnt find any problem. My only guess is that the ring popped/fell back into place when being shipped..?

I told him I'd send some pictures and he said it wasnt necessary and that he'd talk to his supervisor about it. I sent the pictures anyway... I got a notice from PA just a bit ago that they are sending me a package. Im hoping that they are sending a new M4 to me since they just got them back in stock...but maybe they could be sending the old one back...I'll let you all know.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I have a micro on an AK. Haven't shot it much but seems to be holding up well. Doesn't co-witness as I would like, but still does its job.

Have an M4 dot on an AR. Have put more rounds thru it. Co-witness perfectly. Holds zero so far.

Picked up an M3 red dot. Thinking about moving it to the AR because of the battery difference. Haven't mounted it yet so no reports besides the dot comes on.

do you have it mounted on a midwest industries rail system? if so is it the sight specific top half?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    took my m3 and magnifier off of my A4 this week. It did not hold zero from my last range trip, nor could I get it to zero again. I adjusted every which way and was all over the place. Thinking it was user error, I took it off, flipped up the MBUS and popped off 3...all in the bullseye.

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I got the new PA M4 in the mail this weekend. They replaced the old one (even though it was out of warranty by a month) with a brand new one.

One improvement I noticed with this new one is it has more positive "clicks" between the red dot intensity settings which is nice. The old one was kind of "mushy" between the setting as you dialed up or down.

A big "Thumbs-up" for Primary Arms customer service!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I got the new PA M4 in the mail this weekend. They replaced the old one (even though it was out of warranty by a month) with a brand new one.

One improvement I noticed with this new one is it has more positive "clicks" between the red dot intensity settings which is nice. The old one was kind of "mushy" between the setting as you dialed up or down.

A big "Thumbs-up" for Primary Arms customer service!
    Good to hear, still thinking about one when I get some more $$

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I would rather use irons until I saved up enough for a decent optic.
    While i am usually an optic snob I must tell you that PA's Micro's are incredible for the price. I challenge you, even dare you, to get one of these to fail. I have used it on a 12 ga and also on my ARs with NO PROBLEMS for 1000's of rounds. YMMV

Last edited:
    Top Bottom