• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMosefuud0I&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Primary Arms Micro Dot Gen 3 Toss/Drop Fun[/ame]

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I've had similar things happen when buying things with my Debit Card. it may take a day or two to getit straighted ou, but at least the way Chase works, the amount is not actually withdrawn from your account, it just looks that way.

Doug K

That's not what happened, but here is the reply that I received from them today.

Hi Doug

I found the second charge. I apologize for not looking closer when you first emailed but the pre-auth question is pretty common. In your case the pre-auth shows up on the 27th but on the 28th there are two charges back to back. (See below) I spent a lot of time looking to see if it happened to other customer but I only see it on yours. The one that says captured is what we normally see. No explanation for the second one.

I will call them on the morning but I was able to reverse the second one and send you a email copy of the receipt.

Again sorry for the hassle.

Marshall

The credit still hasn't been applied to my account(might be Monday til it does) but this shows that they looked into the issue and are working to get this resolved. It's easy for all of us to recommend a company when things go right, but I think it speaks volumes more when there is a problem and the company works to get it resolved in a timely manner.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    I have no problem running the primary arms on my Spikes 22 upper but will put the real deal on my 5.56 ARs. I know the primarys arms will handle the abuse just piece of mind I guess.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    There is a reason Aimpoints cost what they do

While out at the SHOT Show last month I became a Aimpoint Dealer. I looked at a lot of sights and kept being sent back to the Aimpoint booth by various firearms manufacturers when I asked them what sight they would put on their AR. I was a little shell shocked with the prices but I am finding out that they are super quality and are used in a lot of military and LE applications. You get what you pay for but if you can't afford the real thing I guess a clone is better than nothing. I already sold two T-1's so there is interest out there for quality sights. I put the COMP ML3 2MOA on my AR as I think it is a really nice looking sight and I do not need night vision capability. To me the T-1 looks very small on a black rifle.

The Micro T-1 is submersible to 80 feet, night vision compatible, (if you don't need the night vision capability you can go with the H-1 and save $50). Battery life is 50,000 hours. They are built as tough as the Comp series. Aimpoint recommends the LaRue Tactical LT66 Mount with the T-1 and H-1 for AR applications. This mount alone sells for more than the Primary Arms sight which tells me you are getting what you pay for.

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    A picture is worth a thousand words

Primary Arms or Aimpoint, lets think about this one. :dunno:

0eed5f0370eee2a3a8.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Primary Arms or Aimpoint, lets think about this one. :dunno:

I don't think anyone has or will say that they would pick a PA over an Aimpoint. Each fills its own purpose given different "missions".

Aimpoints are great and many of us here are huge fans. However, there are times when putting a $700 optic on a $400 plinking rifle doesn't make much sense, especially if that plinker isn't going to see much hard use. :twocents:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I agree you have to consider your situation

I don't think anyone has or will say that they would pick a PA over an Aimpoint. Each fills its own purpose given different "missions".

Aimpoints are great and many of us here are huge fans. However, there are times when putting a $700 optic on a $400 plinking rifle doesn't make much sense, especially if that plinker isn't going to see much hard use. :twocents:

I agree 100% with your statement; you have to use common sense in choosing an optic for a firearm. I'm saying an Aimpoint or any other quality optic is something that will last you for many years. I had an Aimpoint on a .375 mag revolver for over ten years and sold it last year to a INGO members and it worked and looked as good as the day I purchased it.

Putting a $50 optic on a $1,200 gun is as silly as putting a $550 optic on a $300 gun with one exception, you can usually move most optics to some of your other guns. If 50,000 plus hours of battery life, crystal clear vision and all the other benefits you get with a quality optic is not important to you, go for the knock off. It all has to do with value to YOU.

I threw the Navy SEAL picture out to show that if a sight can go through that kind of abuse it is a cake walk for it in normal use. When the feds come knocking at your doors and all your guns fall off your boat into the lake you won't have to worry about your red dot getting water logged. :D

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Funny how you haven't participated in this thread until you became an AimPoint dealer and trying to promote them in a Primary Arms optic thread.

:twocents:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Funny how you haven't participated in this thread until you became an AimPoint dealer and trying to promote them in a Primary Arms optic thread.

:twocents:

Funny I notice you are selling a Trijicon Red Dot in the classifed section. That have anything to do with your attitude toward me? :rolleyes:

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Michiana, You come in here and slang your aimpoints, No one is saying that PA are as good as aimpoints. No one is saying they arent. Why don't you, since your so adamant about this topic get an aimpoint m3 and a PA m3 and put them threw a torture test. Till then make your own "I Love and Sell aimpoints" thread.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Not sure what your point is?

Michiana, You come in here and slang your aimpoints, No one is saying that PA are as good as aimpoints. No one is saying they arent. Why don't you, since your so adamant about this topic get an aimpoint m3 and a PA m3 and put them threw a torture test. Till then make your own "I Love and Sell aimpoints" thread.

I am not "slanging my Aimpoints" whatever that means. I got into the discussion because people were comparing the Primary Arms and the Aimpoint sights and I have an interest in red dots so added my two cents. Me selling them has nothing to do with this; I can sell just about everything discussed on this and other firearm forums so with your line of thinking any thread I post to I am "slanging" my stuff?

I do not have to go out and buy a Hi-Point and Colt 1911's and run torture tests to know which one is the best. Primary Arms has its place and so does Aimpoint; it all comes down to what a person wants to spend and what value they place on quality.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Sorry if this has already been addressed{I didnt go through all the post}
    how do you think the clone will stand up to shotgun recoil? I think the PA clone would be a good sight a turkey hunting set up.

unforgiven1203

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Dayton OH
    although its not an aimpoint clone, I used my PA 1x4-24 for the first time at todays "mini" appleseed. I'm pretty impressed I got zeroed quickly, and went on to score a 234 out of 250 with it! Will I still be happy with it in a few years? I don't know, but time will tell. I look forward to finding out.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    It looks like a lot of people are using the micro clone on their S-12's with a lot of success. There is one comp shooter on the saiga forum that has been using it for a couple seasons with no issues.

Top Bottom