• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I have sent some PM's and feel some matters are being handled privately now. Everyone has said their peace so lets move on.

Would there be any interest in a BOB packing class focusing on what works and does not work, weight and space savings, ect ect?

It would be a hands on bring your bag type deal, I have a fair amount of knowledge on this subject and know there are a few people here that could also share some things. Would have a little of everything for beginners to advanced.

Topics like waterproofing, good ways of packing gear, how to size down an mre but still get many uses out of everything, I do have a pocket sized bob that I have been working on.

Again would be very hands on with your own gear.

Having a Bag day Aug,29
    There ya go Dave!

Join the group. See what others have to offer and share your input as well. Classes here are open discussion and input from attendees is welcomed.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Forgot to tell you all that we will be doing burgers and dogs on the grill after class
    And like always a prepper prize will be given away at the end of class
    Introduction to land navigation

Sat,7-20-13 1pm--3pm
    Indiana Self Defense
    8017 E Washington St,46219 317-534-0571

Do you know exactly where you will be it really hits the fan? Neither do we. Whether you’re at work, shopping, or anywhere in between you may not always be able to rely on cell phones, GPS, and electronics to get you to safe haven. So join us for a discussion on land navigation and learn about map reading, compass reading, azimuths, route selection and much more to get you home to your family safe.

1 to 3 people $5.00 for all, 4th and more $5.00 ea
    Kids under 12 free

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Basics of Canning and the equipment used

Will be showing equipment and methods used for hot water canning,pressure canning and putting away your garden groceries from Indiana gardens.
    Basic and High end equipment used for processing will be at hand to see and discuss

We will also be swapping recipes so bring a sample of your work if you can.

For the beginners we will help take some of the worry out of the process and show how you can have fun with the family and tailor recipes to your taste and diet

Kids under 12 free

And a prepper prize will be drawn at the end of class,and Walt will have some burgers, dogs and chips for a little snack after class

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Now next to the prepper thanksgiving we had last year that was the tastiest meeting we have have

Thanks Deuce and those that brought something, I really like the chicken Mmmmm, I could live on that for sure !

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Definitely. The presentation covered both old and newer reference resources, canning recipes, tools and techniques. There were a number of handouts that you could take home for later reference. Finally, there was a tasting at the end. As a newb, it was very worthwhile. There were some experienced canners there who seemed to get some info out of it including going back-and-forth with their knowledge as well.

That is one thing about these sessions. The main training session isn't very long (under an hour), but then open discussion is encouraged afterwards. Whether it is newbie questions, or more knowledgeable people throwing in their ideas.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Would you say worth the $5 ?
    The canning info was just a bonus. It was worth the $5 to network with like minded folks and support this business promoting it.

However yes, the canning info was golden. For a price less than one trip to McD's, learning ways to preserve healthy, home prepared food for years. It's a no-brainer.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The canning info was just a bonus. It was worth the $5 to network with like minded folks and support this business promoting it.

However yes, the canning info was golden. For a price less than one trip to McD's, learning ways to preserve healthy, home prepared food for years. It's a no-brainer.

:yesway:

I've learned a great deal from some of the people there. My wife and I just got a house so now we'll be able to start working on more long term storage and things I'm not experienced in. Things like this can be an invaluable resource between connections and information.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    And up next
    Sat,7-27-23

So, you’ve decided to include firearms in your personalpreparedness and defense plans but aren’t sure of what firearm(s) to get andlearn about? Then join us for a class on firearms familiarization where we’lltalk about all the various types of firearms, their designs, strengths,weaknesses, limitations, and much more to help you make an appropriate choicefor you and your family. We’ll have an assortment of firearms on hand fordemonstration. All students will be given the opportunity to handle firearms oftheir choice, ask questions, and practice safe handling. All firearms will beunloaded and there will be no live fire for this class. So, join us and let ushelp you decide what will be the best choice(s) for your family.

Kids under 12 free

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    When it really hits the fan you might find yourself picking up weapons from virtually anywhere to defend you and your family. Will you know how to take care of all of them when the time comes and resources are limited? Join us for a discussion on care and maintenance for the nation’s most common and popular defense firearms including the Remington 870, Mossberg 500, AR15, AK47,Glock, and more. We’ll discuss field stripping of each firearm, proper function, proper cleaning and maintenance,alternative maintenance resources, and much more. Students will have the opportunity to disassemble and reassemble each firearm, ask questions, and practice safe gun handling. All firearms will be unloaded. There will be no live ammunition or live fire during this class.

Thursday, 8,01,13
    6 to 8 pm

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    We will also have special reduced pricing on many firearms during this class. Everybody is welcome to come out learn, socialize and you may even find something you're looking for.

Thanks and hope to see you there,

Walt

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Walt will be covering the difference between filtration and purification.
    Also various ways to make water safe to drink and storage methods

Kids under 12 free
    8-17-13, 1 to 3pm

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    I visited the shop yesterday. The lady owner was very nice and friendly.

My only MAJOR complaint is their, "No Loaded Firearms" policy... I likely won't be going back to a self defense store that frowns upon concealed carry. I left my CCW in the car, against my better judgement. I loath shops that don't allow CCW. I understand not being allowed to take it out my holster, but telling people they can't have one at all is just hypocritical. And although they say, "No loaded" firearms, an unloaded gun is the same as no gun at all. They are well on their way to alienating the type of customers they are trying to attract IMHO.

Their selection of most prepper items was small.

Thing I would have bought if they had them:
    - Compression sleeping bags
    - Quality Hatchets/Cutlery
    - Breaching tools
    - Bivy Sacks/Small Tents
    - Ceramic filters, for 5gal bucket setups
    - MRE's
    - Freeze Dried Food Stuffs
    - Canteens/Water Storage containers
    - Military surplus ammo cans/fuel cans
    - Military surplus tarps/canopy shades/parachutes
    - Camp Shovels
    - More fire starting options... (hell you can sell steel wool and 9v batteries in a kit)
    - Technolgy solutions such as solar pannel battery and small device chargers

All in all the shop has potential... Not that I need one, but I didn't even see pre-configured survival packages or pre-built BOBs.

Again, I probably won't shop there again unless they change their policies concerning CCW. I think if they get more inventory diversity and more inventory that prepers would want, I think it could become a great shop.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Have you ever been to bradis and seen the sign on their front door?

I asked the guys working about bringing a firearm in. They welcomed it so I could find the right sized pocket holster. I might suggest they change it to "no unholstered firearms". Their inventory wasn't as large as bradis II, but it saves me a good bit of gas.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Folks that are complaining about signs might be well served to do a little research on the subject. INGO is an excellent site for that. Just saying'... :dunno:

Top Bottom