Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Talk about late notice
    Sorry

INTRODUCTION TO FIREARMS – June 27th
    Why do so many people choose to own firearms? What about them is so appealing to so many? Join us for a discussion and “Introduction to Firearms.” This class offers a unique look into the mindset of gun owners and non-gun owners. It is filled with information regarding the various uses of firearms, including defensive use and the psychology behind fears and self-defense. It also covers firearms safety, how this applies to the real world situations we see or hear about every day and some perspective into how these situations are often twisted to intentionally sway citizens’ opinions whether for or against firearms ownership. This class is chopped full of information that you won’t find anywhere else and presented in an unbiased fashion. It was developed specifically for those who have a fear of firearms, don’t agree with civilian ownership of firearms, are new to firearms, and/or those who are otherwise “on the fence” about firearms in general. So if this sounds like you or someone you know, then join us for an educational discussion to help you make appropriate choices for you and your family.

Classes are now $5.00 a person, but we have a drawing at the end of class for a prepping surprise !

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    July,11,13 6pm to 8pm at ISD

TheRude1 will show some of the basic operation, both offensive and defensive uses with the retractable baton, along with some safety precautions.
    This WILL be a interactive class with everyone participating that can.
    So be prepared for some/a little physical activity
    $5.00 will cover a single person or up to a group of three . So bring a friend ! Kids under 12 free
    Four or more $5.00 a person

And at the end of the class we will have a drawing for a prepper prize

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Made it in and wasn't too impressed by the high prices or the lady that didn't know much about anything they had including prices on some things.
    Ill stick with the Internet.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I already have been certified in that so no. I was gonna try and make a class but I really don't have the time for stuff I already know or will never use. The edibles class was one that would have been interesting but I didn't make it.

Never use ?
    Anytime is a good time for a firearm but sometimes(rarely) something else may be needed
    I have 3 ASP 20" 1 with me, 1 in the house, 1 in the boy's bag. The wife has not been trained but the boy and his Tae Kwon Do Black Belt and training with the single Bahng Mahng Ee "A Stick" it makes more sense.

It's been years since I was certified with it myself but it will be nice and good to get back to the basics on it.
    Besides you may have a word or two to throw in to the class, this like all are open to discussion

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I have no desire to teach random people off the street anything to give them an advantage when shtf.

There is no end to the possibilities of SHTF scenarios. That said you can only do so much to prepare and increase your chances of survival alone. Time after time these situations have proven that it's nearly impossible to rely on just yourself to be able to overcome these situations. It is inevitable that a lone person will fall short in preparation to some degree in SOME aspect when they need it most and expected it the least. The idea that you will not need some help and can be completely self-reliant is pretty risky. This is why many preppers work together to form close knit circles of trusting friendships.

You can choose to ignore this, but you'll only be putting yourself at more risk and disadvantage. Not sharing in knowledge from ONE person isn't going to have a sufficient enough of an impact on society to reduce the risks to yourself. Especially, when there are thousands if not millions of others who are seeking or have sought out further training in the plethora of opportunities out there. It's simply failed logic. I would rather risk wasting an hour or two attending a low cost class/discussion to increase my chances of survival by potentially learning something I didn't know and making new beneficial connections, then risk hitting a SHTF scenario without that knowledge and connections. Those connections are allies. Without them you will be pitted against that many more people and putting yourself at a disadvantage.

There are countless firearms instructors out there. They teach for various reasons, but they teach people all over the place from all walks of life whom just "walk in off the street." If you think a single introductory level ASP class is going to pose a significant risk to your survival then I think you need to reconsider your preparation theories.

Sheep Dog Rob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Indiana Self Defense is a good store worth checking out. The products that they have are of quality and reasonably priced. They also hold classes on a wide variety of survival and disaster preparedness topics. It is a store for those of us who understand the value of community and knowledge, over expensive cool looking gear.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There is no end to the possibilities of SHTF scenarios. That said you can only do so much to prepare and increase your chances of survival alone. Time after time these situations have proven that it's nearly impossible to rely on just yourself to be able to overcome these situations. It is inevitable that a lone person will fall short in preparation to some degree in SOME aspect when they need it most and expected it the least. The idea that you will not need some help and can be completely self-reliant is pretty risky. This is why many preppers work together to form close knit circles of trusting friendships.

You can choose to ignore this, but you'll only be putting yourself at more risk and disadvantage. Not sharing in knowledge from ONE person isn't going to have a sufficient enough of an impact on society to reduce the risks to yourself. Especially, when there are thousands if not millions of others who are seeking or have sought out further training in the plethora of opportunities out there. It's simply failed logic. I would rather risk wasting an hour or two attending a low cost class/discussion to increase my chances of survival by potentially learning something I didn't know and making new beneficial connections, then risk hitting a SHTF scenario without that knowledge and connections. Those connections are allies. Without them you will be pitted against that many more people and putting yourself at a disadvantage.

There are countless firearms instructors out there. They teach for various reasons, but they teach people all over the place from all walks of life whom just "walk in off the street." If you think a single introductory level ASP class is going to pose a significant risk to your survival then I think you need to reconsider your preparation theories.
    You sure did assume and speculate a lot from my post. I didn't even reference not being part of a group and in no way did I imply I had mastered any and all training. Ill trust my life experiences and proven training any day over some random local prep store offering classes for 5 bucks, but thanks for your concern. I'm sure the classes are great for you beginners (and I mean that)

Last edited:

Sheep Dog Rob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I for one will always help anyone in need so long as I have the ability to do so. In the event that SHTF one of our greatest strengths will be our ability to think rationally and come together as a group and community for mutual support.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Indiana Self Defense is a good store worth checking out. The products that they have are of quality and reasonably priced. They also hold classes on a wide variety of survival and disaster preparedness topics. It is a store for those of us who understand the value of community and knowledge, over expensive cool looking gear.
    And your related to them how? Lol. It's like your first post on INGO was the worst scripted one ever.

ohnuts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Being an expert with 1,352 sure seems like a lot of posts. Like they say, if your Golf game is great your business is in ruin.
    Try not to be so negative.
    Little two post guy could use some support or direction (that is what the web site is about) negative comments just isolate you. If you can’t or won’t teach something, help carry somebody’s load. Shouting to hear yourself is just noise since it only serves you.

Sheep dog is cheering something of value no matter whose team he is networking. Go Sheep Dog who ever you are!

Top Bottom