• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No script, not related to them just like helping my neighbors. Anyone can be a tough guy from behind a keyboard....
    Yeah I'm so scary and tough. I haven't threatened or bullied anyone. My opinion counts as much as the next guy, and when people dot agree with me I don't run around to friends asking them to create INGO accounts to back me up.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I have no desire to teach random people off the street anything to give them an advantage when shtf.

You sure did assume and speculate a lot from my post. I didn't even reference not being part of a group and in no way did I imply I had mastered any and all training. Ill trust my life experiences and proven training any day over some random local prep store offering classes for 5 bucks, but thanks for your concern. I'm sure the classes are great for you beginners (and I mean that)
    Based on your previous post quoted above, I made the only reasonable assumptions one could. If you did not wish for those assumptions to be made, perhaps you should have chosen different wording.

In any case, you very obviously have not taken any time to do any research into the place, the owners, the classes/discussions offered. Otherwise you would not assimilate those offering the classes quality of work or knowledge to that of a "beginner," or equate them with the cost of the class, nor assume that you have nothing to learn from them (and visa versa). :twocents:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Whatever buddy. I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you and watch all your "friends" open new accounts and argue too.
    opsfriend 1,2,3,4,5 and who knows how many others there are.

i simply made comments based on my experience as a customer once and that's all it took for me to dislike the store. No I don't know the owners nor do I have anything personally against them. I just didn't like the store and I wasn't the only one, I just posted my opinion. If they don't want opinions then don't own a business. If your just a "friend" or you've shopped there then shut your mouth or post your own opinions based on your experience not based on what you think my level of training is or isn't or my prep plans or group.

as far as the training they offer, I've never went. Maybe it's the best in the country. I'll just keep my unobserved opinion on that to myself in the future. As far as my personal training to date, i feel good about it and when i get good oportunities to gain more GOOD training according to MY expectations then i will get it. I never claimed to know all, never. Fair enough.

so as people I have no issue with whoever the owners are nor do I care as a customer. But as a customer it doesn't fit what I'm looking for to give them money. So they can either take the opinions of customers and use it towards their business or don't listen to customers and just listen to people who are in the circle jerk and probly fail as a business.
    i have nothing else to post about but if someone wants to make more smart ass comments then I will come back and reply.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Whatever buddy. I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you and watch all your "friends" open new accounts and argue too.
    opsfriend 1,2,3,4,5 and who knows how many others there are.

i simply made comments based on my experience as a customer once and that's all it took for me to dislike the store. No I don't know the owners nor do I have anything personally against them. I just didn't like the store and I wasn't the only one, I just posted my opinion. If they don't want opinions then don't own a business. If your just a "friend" or you've shopped there then shut your mouth or post your own opinions based on your experience not based on what you think my level of training is or isn't or my prep plans or group.

as far as the training they offer, I've never went. Maybe it's the best in the country. I'll just keep my unobserved opinion on that to myself in the future. Fair enough.

so as people I have no issue with whoever the owners are not do I care as a customer. But as a customer it doesn't fit what I'm looking for to give them money. So they can either take the opinions of customers and use it towards their business or don't listen to customers and just listen to people who are in the circle jerk and problem fail as a business.
    i have nothing else to post about but if someone wants to make more smart ass comments then I will come back and reply.
    Most of that, is fair enough. More so than your previous posts.

As to my "friends," what they do is their choice. I've never asked anyone to come on here and back me up. Several people here do know me personally and yet I still don't expect them to come to my aide. Frankly, because I really don't care what random people on the net think of me, but I tend to treat others as the treat me/others. I have no reason to bash or harp on anyone, especially those I don't know personally. Anything beyond that is your own assumptions.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've been to ISD. I support them and their cause. Apparently my experience was much different than yours (or my overall outlook on things, who knows?). I was not asked to post, nor am i affiliated with any of their staff.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Indiana Self Defense is a small operation. For all they do, and at the low cost (sometimes free) meets, they have no other peers. No other place does free meetings. How awesome is that?

Of course, they hope people would buy some gear at their store, but I've never heard them harp about it.

They're good people. Not full of swagger like a lot of folks that I read on forums like this. Real people. You'd have to be into self sabotaging yourself not to at least meet some of them at least once. Or you can form an expert opinion by doing nothing.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Really guys???? Say your piece and move on.

I was not happy with a few things at a descent class, I posted my frustrations on here and meet up and the people that I was pointing the finger at knew I was talking about them and we all left it at that.

Some people want something that is practically free to be the best thing since slice bread or a store to have absolutely everything even though the o my place I have seen to have more of what ISD carries is the 1500 but we all know nobody complains about that place.....

WHO CARES? Make your point and move on.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've been a customer since before they had a store. I've been to a class that got me thinking of different ways to do something. I was always told that even a bad class can offer the best something. I've never thought that I knew everything and couldn't learn something from even a basic class if nothing else then a refresher. We don't know what we don't know.
    Come to a class or not. No need to crap in somebodies house who's trying to make a living and put out useful information. If you have previously said that you don't care for someplace, good, no need to comeback and repeat it again.

Bob

megalomaniac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    Made it in and wasn't too impressed by the high prices or the lady that didn't know much about anything they had including prices on some things.
    Ill stick with the Internet.

I'll just say that ISD prices are NOT high by any measure. They carry high quality, useful items that the owners have reseached themselves. They charge the very minimum they can and still keep the lights on. And as to calling the owner's wife ignorant, well that is just plain rude. Did you even spend more then 5 minutes in the store?

But, whatever. I digress.

You just keep with your internet purchases of **** that: 1. you cannot have in your presence before purchasing and 2. are probably manufactured in China and will either fall apart on first use or not meet your need when **** hits the fan. GOOD LUCK!

ISD offers something very unique. You discredit the value of the community learning from one another. And that, my friend, is ignorant. If I knew you, I wouldn't help you when the SHTF.

Carry on.

-Nick

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have sent some PM's and feel some matters are being handled privately now. Everyone has said their peace so lets move on.

Would there be any interest in a BOB packing class focusing on what works and does not work, weight and space savings, ect ect?

It would be a hands on bring your bag type deal, I have a fair amount of knowledge on this subject and know there are a few people here that could also share some things. Would have a little of everything for beginners to advanced.

Topics like waterproofing, good ways of packing gear, how to size down an mre but still get many uses out of everything, I do have a pocket sized bob that I have been working on.

Again would be very hands on with your own gear.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    July,11,13 6pm to 8pm at ISD

TheRude1 will show some of the basic operation, both offensive and defensive uses with the retractable baton, along with some safety precautions.
    This WILL be a interactive class with everyone participating that can.
    So be prepared for some/a little physical activity
    $5.00 will cover a single person or up to a group of three . So bring a friend ! Kids under 12 free
    Four or more $5.00 a person

And at the end of the class we will have a drawing for a prepper prize

Good class sir! Thank you very much! Very informative. I have trouble understanding why there were any seats left for what is essentially free instruction with a cover charge.

This was my first visit to Indiana Self Defense and certainly won't be my last. I'll be back for more instruction and to make some purchases. Very interesting selection of gear and supplies. A very warm reception from all of the staff also.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I have sent some PM's and feel some matters are being handled privately now. Everyone has said their peace so lets move on.

Would there be any interest in a BOB packing class focusing on what works and does not work, weight and space savings, ect ect?

It would be a hands on bring your bag type deal, I have a fair amount of knowledge on this subject and know there are a few people here that could also share some things. Would have a little of everything for beginners to advanced.

Topics like waterproofing, good ways of packing gear, how to size down an mre but still get many uses out of everything, I do have a pocket sized bob that I have been working on.

Why not get with Rude and put it together? They've had BOB classes before I believe but I don't think there is one on the coming up schedule.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Is their calendar online anywhere? I don't see any entries on the INGO calendar or any form of calendar on their Facebook page.
    Their calendar doesn't get posted extremely far in advance. As far out as they can, perhaps a couple months. Everything gets posted here for the most part: Indiana Disaster Preparedness / Survival (Indianapolis, IN) - Meetup

There are events that get posted there which aren't held at the store, but organized by affiliate groups/people.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Good class sir! Thank you very much! Very informative. I have trouble understanding why there were any seats left for what is essentially free instruction with a cover charge.

This was my first visit to Indiana Self Defense and certainly won't be my last. I'll be back for more instruction and to make some purchases. Very interesting selection of gear and supplies. A very warm reception from all of the staff also.

Hope the next time you can make it you will be able to bring that bike, I would like to get a close look at her
    Cya soon
    Thanks

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Having a Bag day Aug,29

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    [h=2]Introduction to land navigation[/h] Sat,7-20-13 1pm--3pm
    Indiana Self Defense
    8017 E Washington St,46219 317-534-0571

Do you know exactly where you will be it really hits the fan? Neither do we. Whether you’re at work, shopping, or anywhere in between you may not always be able to rely on cell phones, GPS, and electronics to get you to safe haven. So join us for a discussion on land navigation and learn about map reading, compass reading, azimuths, route selection and much more to get you home to your family safe.

1 to 3 people $5.00 for all, 4th and more $5.00 ea
    Kids under 12 free

Top Bottom